• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Food that tastes better the next day/or when it's reheated

Ice cube sandwiches
Ah hell nah

I8M5eVR.jpg

Last edited:

epicnemesis

BBQ. Particularly brisket.

costco pizza seems like its cooked to the bare minimum so its pretty floppy when you get it. when you re-heat it in a toaster oven it gets crisp.

Life hack: if you dial in and order a half cheese/half pepperoni they will make it fresh. The problem you are having is those pizzas you are picking up have been sitting and steaming in a box.

Ballthyrm

I'll give a French response, Tarte Tatin
Best served slightly warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.

You cook it once, let it cool down and re-heat it the same day.
It let the caramel solidify a bit more and gives you both the crunch and the sweetness at the same time

tarte-tatin-640.jpg

Last edited:

BigBooper

Most kinds of casserole. Lasagna. Meatloaf. Anything that can benefit from the flavors mixing more.

I think the people saying nothing don't use an oven. Nothing tastes better from a microwave.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Pot Roast. Any kind of soup or stew made with cheaper cuts of meat will season more through a chill and reheat, the flavor is more intense.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Whoever said lasagne needs Jesus.

If you only tasted authentic homemade lasagne just out of the oven you’d know the lie you’ve been living. My grandmother was probably hired as God’s personal cook when she died, and I can tell you, there was no way of getting back the original taste of her food after it went cold. It was still above some of the best food you could hope for on your average Tuesday, but never, never as divine as when it was fresh.

Actually, I’ve never had homemade food that tasted better reheated. Maybe some industrial stuff could actually taste better, but that’s not exactly a feature I’d put on the package.

Top Bottom