• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of The Order 1886 wasn't ready for VGX

CCIE

Banned
This isn't even comparable IMO.

They got crap for TLG because they showed it in 2009 and it still isn't out yet. It just vanished and hasn't been seen since then.

The Order 1886 is supposed to be a 2014 release. They should start building hype for it now. Like I said in the previous post, Watch_Dogs and Destiny will only be out about 6 months before The Order and we've seen tons of footage from those games.

Not Sony's fault the director had a midlife crisis and decided to bail on the project. Best thing that ever happened for Sony is having a management change at the Japan studio. No accountability for years out there.

johnny956

This isn't even comparable IMO.

They got crap for TLG because they showed it in 2009 and it still isn't out yet. It just vanished and hasn't been seen since then.

The Order 1886 is supposed to be a 2014 release. They should start building hype for it now. Like I said in the previous post, Watch_Dogs and Destiny will only be out about 6 months before The Order and we've seen tons of footage from those games.

Watch Dogs is completely different as it was suppose to come out last month originally hence we saw all the gameplay. I'm going to assume we'll see Order gameplay around GDC 2014 due to the fact we have games like Infamous and Driveclub coming out.

I'm thinking we might see a teaser from Santa Monica at VGX hence why we saw a teaser for Uncharted already. Don't tease both at the same event to spread out the PR news releases. Thus you see a steady flow of PS4 news.

Raist

Banned
Absolutely nothing from SSM either so far. I think Sony might be in the process of shutting them down. So much for Barlog coming back :((((

Knoxcore

Holy shit at the overreaction in here, you guys are insane lol.

My overreaction stems from the fact that Sony's 2014 lineup seem glaringly thin, especially for a company that has publicly stated they have a lot of games in development. If a gameplay trailer is not ready today with The Order's potential release scheduled for sometime in 2014, that is a worrisome sign that it may slip into 2015. If that's the case what will be released in late 2014? Uncharted? An unannounced game? We just don't know because Sony has been tight lipped on their future offerings. Maybe VGX will shed some light on that but time is running out and the later Sony waits the more evident that the back-end of 2014 will be devoid of tentpole exclusive for the PS4.

Or we can come to a more reasonable conclusion that Sony first party games are moving away from numbered sequels now. Like KZ and inFamous for example. You're thinking way too much about it

Killzone and Infamous have not received a number because they are reboots with new characters etc. Are you saying that it is "more reasonable" that the new Uncharted game has not received a number because it's also some kind of reboot without Nathan Drake?

Uncharted will be out in 2014 but I'm not so sure about The Order now.

I hope. But if there will a big reveal tomorrow, wouldn't Geoff have teased us to death?

Matchew

Sucks it's not there, but this makes me wonder what Sony is going to show. Probably Uncharted, which I'm fine with, can't wait for that game and how it's going to look on the PS4. But just showing Uncharted would be disappointing hopefully they have a few surprises.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Major release, and the only thing the public has seen is the E3 trailer. It's allegedly supposed to come out less than a year from now.
VGA is a big thing, I doubt RAD would be allowed to not show a single thing if it was a minor issue they could easily somehow bypass in time.
From the way this is being handled, signs suggest they're facing at least some form of delay, which will most likely be short term. I see this releasing Spring 2015.

Not saying the game is broken, sometimes artists deserve a little more time, and I have no doubt it will turn out great. But this really doesn't look like it's coming out 2014.

This game will be rushed/short or slipped to 2015. I hope it slips, better a game worthy of the RaD at dawn than a game that underwhelms.

I love how GAF jumps to conclusions. If it's launched in 2014 it'll be rushed!!

Pure speculation, with no evidence to back it up beyond the fact you haven't seen it running. 13 months is a long time..

CCIE

Banned
Watch Dogs is completely different as it was suppose to come out last month originally hence we saw all the gameplay. I'm going to assume we'll see Order gameplay around GDC 2014 due to the fact we have games like Infamous and Driveclub coming out.

I'm thinking we might see a teaser from Santa Monica at VGX hence why we saw a teaser for Uncharted already. Don't tease both at the same event to spread out the PR news releases. Thus you see a steady flow of PS4 news.

Watch Dogs was delayed because the One version was quite simply a mess. Game needs more time in the oven, and from what we've seen I would expect a good portion of the AC team to have transitioned to that game. It is how Ubisoft works.

B.O.O.M

Gemüsepizza;92664745 said:
Killzone and Infamous have not received a number because they are reboots with new characters. Are you saying that it is "more reasonable" that the new Uncharted game will not feature Nathan Drake and therefore has not received a number?

That's a theory you have come up with yourself. I don't recall any of the devs saying so at all. Reasonable thing is to think that's a new approach sony is taking. It could be right or wrong when it comes to UC but for now it looks likely. I can see a good marketing angle from such a move too.

And again, you are extremely reaching if you think lack of a number or subtitle is indication of anything substantial regarding the state of the project. Hell it would make sense to even consider the possibility that the subtitle may have a hint that may give away something important regarding the game itself, so ND wants to keep it under wraps till the full reveal.

Harlequin

Gemüsepizza;92664745 said:
Killzone and Infamous have not received a number because they are reboots with new characters. Are you saying that it is "more reasonable" that the new Uncharted game will not feature Nathan Drake and therefore has not received a number?

They're not reboots. They're, perhaps a slight change of direction but they're still in the same line of continuity, in the same narrative universe (at least I think ISS is) and the gameplay hasn't really changed much more than you'd expect in a regular sequel (Well, we can't be sure about that for InFamous but it looks that way).

Atomski

How hard would it have been.. just take some gears of war footage and paste some steam punk shit over that. Walla!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That's my fear, which leaves us Uncharted and frankly I don't think that's 2014 either. It makes me wonder what's going to be the one or two Sony exclusives for Q3/Q4 2014.

Nothing. Sony will have 0 more games come out after MLB 2014. :rolleyes:

Feindflug

Absolutely nothing from SSM either so far. I think Sony might be in the process of shutting them down. So much for Barlog coming back :((((

Sony closing Sony Santa Monica? are you serious?

Back on topic the order news are disappointing, the game looks really interesting and I'd love to see some gameplay. I guess there will be an Uncharted 4 trailer in the VGX.

Hindle

Banned
Who said anything about it releasing in 6 or 7 months? It's due in fall.

The game was announced in June, and Sony usually give a game 12 months of coverage and then release the game. For example Infamous SS, announced in February, coming out in March 2014. All 3 Uncharteds followed the same trend. I merely assumed The Order would be the same.

That's a theory you have come up with yourself. I don't recall any of the devs saying so at all. Reasonable thing is to think that's a new approach sony is taking. It could be right or wrong when it comes to UC but for now it looks likely. I can see a good marketing angle from such a move too.

So basically you believe it won't be called "Uncharted 4"? Ok, we will see.

And again, you are extremely reaching if you think lack of a number or subtitle is indication of anything substantial regarding the state of the project.

I said "could". Of course it is just speculation, but the previous teasers were different and I haven't seen any teases from Geoff regarding the game, which I think would have been there if there was a big reveal of a Naughty Dog game tomorrow.

Hell it would make sense to even consider the possibility that the subtitle may have a hint that may give away something important regarding the game itself, so ND wants to keep it under wraps till the full reveal.

I can't really think of anything that needs to be a "secret" until the reveal. The previous subtitles were pretty generic ("Among Thieves", "Drake's Deception").

They're not reboots. They're, perhaps a slight change of direction but they're still in the same line of continuity, in the same narrative universe (at least I think ISS is) and the gameplay hasn't really changed much more than you'd expect in a regular sequel (Well, we can't be sure about that for InFamous but it looks that way).

They are not full reboots, but they have new player characters and a new setting (different time/city/locations).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Ahahahahha

SSM has had a new IP in the works for a few years now and they do a ton of work to assist other studios. They aren't going anywhere.

You are out of your fucking mind. SSM consistently makes games that are extremely well received commercially and critically. They also are absolutely essential to so many of Sony's smaller games as an assisting dev team. The only studio that's less likely to close is Naughty Dog.

Edit: Unless, you know, you're joking...

Raist

Banned
Sony closing Sony Santa Monica? are you serious?

Back on topic the order news are disappointing, the game looks really interesting and I'd love to see some gameplay. I guess there will be an Uncharted 4 trailer in the VGX.

Ahahahahha

SSM has had a new IP in the works for a few years now and they do a ton of work to assist other studios. They aren't going anywhere.

Maybe they'll just be relegated to helping small indies making games then. Which doesn't really matter anyway because indie games don't count :(((

C'mon guys, I'm joking

Harlequin

Gemüsepizza;92666221 said:
They are not full reboots, but they have new player characters and a new setting (different time/city/locations).

By that definition, Assassin's Creed 2 was a reboot, as well.

By that definition, Assassin's Creed 2 was a reboot, as well.

No, because I played Desmond Miles like in the first game. I did not say that this is the only/perfect definition for a reboot™, but those titles where significantly different from the previous titles (which had more in common).

L-gon

Nothing. Sony will have 0 more games come out after MLB 2014. :rolleyes:

If the PS4 was a machine purpose-built to run this and nothing else, I'd still have bought it.

Hopefully The Order is suitably far along and they just can't be bothered wasting development time on creating gameplay footage (I know this is not a great undertaking, haha).

It would be awesome to buy a game somewhat blindly like in the old days. A certain sense of awe is lost when we've already seen large chunks of a game in video form.

Harlequin

Gemüsepizza;92667019 said:
No, because I played Desmond Miles like in the first game. I did not say that this is the only/perfect definition for a reboot™, but those titles where significantly different from the previous titles (which had more in common).

We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess. For me it's only a reboot if the game is set in a new narrative universe/timeline or if the gameplay is abruptly and deliberately changed to something very different. And, of course, whether the developers themselves actually consider the game to be a reboot has to do with it, too.

border

My overreaction stems from the fact that Sony's 2014 lineup seem glaringly thin, especially for a company that has publicly stated they have a lot of games in development. If a gameplay trailer is not ready today with The Order's potential release scheduled for sometime in 2014, that is a worrisome sign that it may slip into 2015. If that's the case what will be released in late 2014?

Or it's a sign that they would rather work on the game than they would fuck around cutting a trailer just so Doritos Pope can have a big event. There's at least 100 games in development that will not have a trailer at VGX -- is that a sign that they are all going to be delayed?

Unless the trailer was actually a contractual obligation or a development milestone, I don't see how this is really indicative of a delay or a troubled development process.

CCIE

Banned
You won't see The Order until next Fall at the earliest. It will be the Gears of War clone to go up against Halo. I'm beginning to believe you won't see Halo next Fall either, until MS can put out a game at 1080p after all the crap they have taken... Let's face it, Forza is 1080p and 60 fps, but is FAR from a graphical showcase.

Halo has to be flawlesss, or the One is sunk.

BLKTMNT

Well there goes Christmas

Stone-Cold-Stuns-Santa-Claus.gif

quest

Not Banned from OT
Very disappointing was really looking forward to seeing some footage of it. I doubt we see fall launch if they can't get footage out 10 months before hand. Maybe it be the big spring launch game of 2015. I really hope uncharted delivers.

CCIE

Banned
Source please.

Numerous insiders on this board have confirmed the One version of Watch Dogs was in REALLY, REALLY bad shape. And Ubisoft isn't going to delay just one version of the game - they have to have something that is "comparable" for political reasons.

NeoROCK

You won't see The Order until next Fall at the earliest. It will be the Gears of War clone to go up against Halo. I'm beginning to believe you won't see Halo next Fall either, until MS can put out a game at 1080p after all the crap they have taken... Let's face it, Forza is 1080p and 60 fps, but is FAR from a graphical showcase.

Halo has to be flawlesss, or the One is sunk.

What the....?!?! One screen shot and you've come to that conclusion.

I wish people would stop spreading nonsense like that around after seeing one screen shot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Maybe they'll just be relegated to helping small indies making games then. Which doesn't really matter anyway because indie games don't count :(((

C'mon guys, I'm joking
Sorry, dude. Posted without looking at the username. If I realized it was you. I would have gotten it. Some of these theads lately have gone so off the rails that I don't know who is serious any more.

KoopaTheCasual

Numerous insiders on this board have confirmed the One version of Watch Dogs was in REALLY, REALLY bad shape. And Ubisoft isn't going to delay just one version of the game - they have to have something that is "comparable" for political reasons.

Wait... wut? Uhh, which insiders? Because none of the big ones really hinted at that ever, dude.

Elios83

It's not like they have to show it at VGX or bust.
They will release infos and a new trailer when they are ready, even later this month if they were preparing for VGX but had last minute delays. If they were not planning to show something this year at all, it's an other matter.
Still quality is the most important thing, a disappointing rushed trailer which is not representative of the final game can make more damage than good.
Also the game is scheduled for a fall 2014 release....almost a year away.

Top Bottom