• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of The Order 1886 wasn't ready for VGX

L1NETT

Maybe Sony want Uncharted to be the focus for Christmas 2014?

Going up against Halo, despite the damage 4 might have done to the name, and whatever else MS planned with just Uncharted doesn't seem the smartest. But then again, neither am I :)

Anywho, I think people are annoyed/upset at this news because quite a large number were predicting earth shatteringly good things for a game they have only read a few articles on and seen one NOT ;-) CGI trailer of. The whole "next Gears of War", "game changer" thing is way overblown and therefore people were pumped to see gameplay.

I'm still excited to see it, will make E3 that tiny bit more exciting.

Now people are saying the debut trailer was CGI?

Ah yes my mistake, apologies. Point is people are getting very very excited for a game they have seen no gameplay of.

NeoROCK

Called it along time ago. This game isn't going to be ready and I would be shocked if it even comes out. It just looked too good to be true. And it was nothing but a CGi video

What the...?

No trailer = Game never coming out? lol

Look I'm disappointed it won't be at VGX too... But it will be a 2015 release at worst. Stop spreading propaganda nonsense. A lot of people read these forums.

Harlequin

People making the game =! People making trailers

The stuff that goes into the trailer has to come from somewhere, though. And developers have to spend extra time to get certain parts of the game ready for public presentations which they wouldn't normally spend (or at least not at that point in production).

CCIE

Banned
I'd expect a lot on Infamous and Drive Club, and not much else but teasers from Sony's side. They don't need to show their big guns yet, and can wow people just fine with the software that is being released in the next few months. MS already blew their wad and will be showing Titanfall - again. Interestingly enough that game is coming out in the next few months as well.

Winter next year is the EARLIEST I would expect to see game footage for The Order... I've never seen a playable demo less than six to nine months out before.

Patience. You people have very unrealistic expectations. Sony will ride the third parties and Indies into next year, with a small tease to show us what is coming. They don't have to show anything yet. Remember, they have Destiny, Drive Club, and Infamous to combat the great "Titanfall". Watch Dogs will be the "superior" version as well. Then, at E3 next year, you will get what you want so desperately. That is also when TLG should resurface as well.

That's what happens when you are in the driver's seat.

S.W.

People making the game =! People making trailers

From the production standpoint when they are the same people, they are not making games if they shift the manpower to make a trailer. RAD is growing but aint that big.

NeoROCK

I'd expect a lot on Infamous and Drive Club, and not much else but teasers from Sony's side. They don't need to show their big guns yet, and can wow people just fine with the software that is being released in the next few months. MS already blew their wad and will be showing Titanfall - again. Interestingly enough that game is coming out in the next few months as well.

Winter next year is the EARLIEST I would expect to see game footage for The Order... I've never seen a playable demo less than six to nine months out before.

Patience. You people have very unrealistic expectations. Sony will ride the third parties and Indies into next year, with a small tease to show us what is coming. They don't have to show anything yet. Remember, they have Destiny, Drive Club, and Infamous to combat the great "Titanfall". Watch Dogs will be the "superior" version as well. Then, at E3 next year, you will get what you want so desperately. That is also when TLG should resurface as well.

That's what happens when you are in the driver's seat.

Sony and RaD just aren't doing much to promote this game. It's supposed to be a 2014 release and other than the GameInformer article, there's been little mention of it since E3.

People have been expecting some sort of trailer/gameplay at Gamescom, PS4 Launch event, and now VGX.... but it's been completely absent to the public at all of those shows.

With PS4 hype at an all time high, right now would be the perfect time to show The Order. Too bad they aren't ready yet. Guess we will have to wait until GDC.

Sony and RaD just aren't doing much to promote this game. It's supposed to be a 2014 release and other than the GameInformer article, there's been little mention of it since E3.

People have been expecting some sort of trailer/gameplay at Gamescom, PS4 Launch event, and now VGX.... but it's been completely absent to the public at all of those shows.

With PS4 hype at an all time high, right now would be the perfect time to show The Order. Too bad they aren't ready yet. Guess we will have to wait until GDC.
We had a full Game Informer issue on it just two months ago. Be patient, it's supposed to around August/September next year. Marketing will ratchet up closer to release.

jmood88

No one understands Titanfall either. :p

I don't understand what's so hard about capturing a couple minutes of gameplay though.

I'm not looking forward to Titanfall but at least people have gotten to play it and have seen more than a very short trailer that didn't show any gameplay.

Street%20Fighter%20Alpha%203%20Dan%203-131331.gif

Harlequin

Some games don't even get announced until 10 months or so before they're released so I wouldn't worry about a "lack" of promotion. It would simply be stupid to build up all the hype now when they've still got quite some time to go before the release. Not to mention that they've still got other first-party titles releasing before it. They'll want to get people hyped for those first, before focusing on The Order.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn, was really hoping to see something from it. Hopefully Sony still has something to show.

LOL at the people thinking this means that the game is in trouble. It could just mean that the area they wanted to show had a couple glitches and they didn't want to air it on national TV.

Shameful.
This pretty much means they won't make it to the rumoured deadline of fall, if they can't even get a good trailer to go.

This, among numerous other posts, is kinda scary. The game is about a year away, making any sort of decision about the game now because they didn't make a trailer is CRAZY.

I'm not saying that the order is going to be amazing, but them not having a trailer ready says more about their marketing department than it does their development. In fact, it says zero about their development... unless you want to take huge leaps in logic a year from release. But that seems foolish.

Famassu

This is getting pushed back isn't it.
I don't see why it would be getting pushed back, usually they don't really start to hype games this early (I mean, even for Uncharted it has often been *trailer at VGA* -> (almost) nothing shown until E3 next year) and the development of different games doesn't always advance in similar ways. Whereas one game might be worth showing relatively early, another might be better off not being shown until relatively close to release. They just might still be at a phase where stuff isn't quite coming together yet, so there's no sense in showing it yet. It's almost the same reason why gameplay demos for conventions can be hard as well. Usually making a demo takes huge effort as a big part of the development team (if not all of it, depending on the size of the team) has to put a lot of work into getting some portion of the game looking, sounding & playing approximately what the finished product will look & play like. Same goes for trailers. If you want to show a trailer, preferably you'd want it to look close to what you think the final game will look like, just to be spared of release day shenanigans (OMG, U LIED GAME LOOKS NOTHING LIKE U PROMISED).

No one understands Titanfall either. :p

I don't understand what's so hard about capturing a couple minutes of gameplay though.
Capturing footage isn't hard (though, it's not as easy as just capturing footage, usually you'd want to put a lot of effort into a trailer, so what you do with the captured footage is really important, you can't just capture a couple of minutes of footage and call it a day). You have to plan WHAT you want to show (what do you want people to know about the story, characters & gameplay? what scenes, dialogue and gameplay features would best showcase everything, while also looking & sounding interesting enough to catch people's attention).

But yeah, that's not usually the problem. The Order is still almost a year away from its scheduled release, so things just might not be looking so good that they'd want to give a good look at the game. I mean, look at DriveClub. Arguably it would've been better if some of that earlier in-game footage wasn't shown at all, considering what kind of reception it got and how far they've come since then. The Order might still be as incomplete looking (or even more) as DriveClub was at E3 this year and they are waiting until they get at least some level of extra paint & polish put on the game so that it'll better showcase what the game might look like when it's finished instead of being an underwhelming gameplay reveal

I hope we will at least see something of Uncharted as replacement, but the fact that they haven't yet revealed the full title/subtitle doesn't bode well.

Violater

Hey guys we didn't have any captured footage to make a trailer so we decided to come play the game for u live
In a perfect world

Pain

Banned
Going up against Halo, despite the damage 4 might have done to the name, and whatever else MS planned with just Uncharted doesn't seem the smartest. But then again, neither am I :)

Anywho, I think people are annoyed/upset at this news because quite a large number were predicting earth shatteringly good things for a game they have only read a few articles on and seen one NOT ;-) CGI trailer of. The whole "next Gears of War", "game changer" thing is way overblown and therefore people were pumped to see gameplay.

I'm still excited to see it, will make E3 that tiny bit more exciting.

Ah yes my mistake, apologies. Point is people are getting very very excited for a game they have seen no gameplay of.
Uncharted is Sony's biggest IP with the exception of Gran Turismo which came out today. That's the ONLY IP that can compete with Halo in terms of pushing systems.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gemüsepizza;92662426 said:
I hope we will at least see something of Uncharted as replacement, but the fact that they haven't yet revealed the full title/subtitle doesn't bode well.

Oh my god. The game is a year out and we saw a TEASER. It was teasing us. Teasers often don't have the full titles/subtitles. The game will have a massive fanfare once it does get shown.

jcm

Called it along time ago. This game isn't going to be ready and I would be shocked if it even comes out. It just looked too good to be true. And it was nothing but a CGi video

I don't even think there was a trailer. I think they used mass hypnosis to make us think we saw it.

Pain

Banned
Yes, a 1 minute teaser of Uncharted will definitely fill the void. What a joke. Really curious as to where RaD's priorties lies with the game. Gameplay better be stunning.
We already got an Uncharted teaser. We'll get a full-on reveal at VGX.

For a game thats 6 or 7 months away, I'm suprised Sony haven't showed it off yet.
I always guessed this was a September title. So more like 9 months.

NeoROCK

When all is said and done, The Order will probably be released within 6 months of Watch_Dogs and Destiny.

Look at how much gameplay and trailers we've seen from Watch_Dogs and Destiny.

Cinematic trailer, Gameplay trailer, On stage gameplay, ViDoc, Beta announcement, etc.

That's one of the reasons why Ubisoft and Bungie are so successful. They know how to market and hype their games.

We already got an Uncharted teaser. We'll get a full-on reveal at VGX.

I hope so.

RaD would've been smart to beat ND to the punch with a gameplay trailer.

Once Uncharted PS4 is shown.... the hype for The Order 1886 is gonna die down a little bit because everyone will be talking about and looking forward to Uncharted.

CCIE

Banned

With PS4 hype at an all time high, right now would be the perfect time to show The Order. Too bad they aren't ready yet. Guess we will have to wait until GDC

Do you think Sony has forgotten all the crap they took for TLG? I wouldn't expect to see much from Sony that isn't relatively close to release. Or how about the crap for Drive Club at E3? Need I go on? You know it is coming - I know it is coming. Let the developers work on the game. RaD doesn't want to screw this up - I would expect Sony to buy acquire them if the game lives up to expectations. This is their "audition" to become one of Sony's first party studios.

When all is said and done, The Order will probably be released within 6 months of Watch_Dogs and Destiny.

Look at how much gameplay and trailers we've seen from Watch_Dogs and Destiny.

Cinematic trailer, Gameplay trailer, On stage gameplay, ViDoc, Beta announcement, etc.

That's one of the reasons why Ubisoft and Bungie are so successful. They know how to market and hype their games.

What is this suppose to mean? First of all Ubisoft is terrible when it comes to keeping hype. Back in 2012 we were all hype from seeing watch dogs to it becoming anticipated game of the year winning all the VGA awards to now not even feeling it. Same with AC4, the Crew and sooner or later the Division. I don't need to explain Rayman legends. On top of that Bungie has just destiny, the rest of Halo was handled by Microsoft not them so there is no such thing as a successful market as they haven't even started yet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Half you motherfuckers in this thread won't buy the goddamn title

Silly outrage for nothing

If you are banking on this game so damn much, you already are going to make it fail

GAF overhype and overly-outrage really sours the experience

Does it suck it won't be shown? Yes.
Does it make the next day you wake up any less meaningful? NO!.
Will it be eventually shown? Who the fuck knows.

NeoROCK

Do you think Sony has forgotten all the crap they took for TLG?

This isn't even comparable IMO.

They got crap for TLG because they showed it in 2009 and it still isn't out yet. It just vanished and hasn't been seen since then.

The Order 1886 is supposed to be a 2014 release. They should start building hype for it now. Like I said in the previous post, Watch_Dogs and Destiny will only be out about 6 months before The Order and we've seen tons of footage from those games.

johnny956

I'm loving these posts.

E3 will show full gameplay for the games releasing fall 2014 and a teaser of maybe a game coming 2015 and people will complain "we know about these games coming this year show us new titles" and the process repeats every year

AAK

No trailer being shown = delays? They never even announced a release date how do you people know when it releases?

Oh my god. The game is a year out and we saw a TEASER. It was teasing us. Teasers often don't have the full titles/subtitles. The game will have a massive fanfare once it does get shown.

The teasers for Uncharted 2+3 at least had the correct number and in the case of Uncharted 3 even the subtitle. Just calling it "Uncharted" instead of "Uncharted 4 (+subtitle)" could be a sign that they are still in an early phase of development and that we may not get a full trailer at VGX.

There's no way this game is coming out in 2014. There's a game informer podcast where they interview RAD, and it just sounds like they're nowhere close to finishing this game

B.O.O.M

The past ND reveals were all barebones. Tlou was interesting because it was a new concept, but I doubt we'll be seeing gameplay or a showing akin to uc2 @ e3 '09.

I wouldn't call the UC3 reveal trailer barebones at all

Gemüsepizza;92664055 said:
The teasers for Uncharted 2+3 at least had the correct number and in the case of Uncharted 3 even the subtitle. Just calling it "Uncharted" instead of "Uncharted 4 (+subtitle)" could be a sign that they are still in an early phase of development and that we may not get a full trailer at VGX.

Or we can come to a more reasonable conclusion that Sony first party games are moving away from numbered sequels now. Like KZ and inFamous for example. You're thinking way too much about it

Hindle

Banned
Gemüsepizza;92664055 said:

Uncharted will be out in 2014 but I'm not so sure about The Order now.

Top Bottom