• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wes

venison crêpe
timthumb.php

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

I'm gonna be pretty busy in the next week. So let mish wish you merry christmas and nice holidays. i try to come in from time to time but wont be as much as before. will be back around janaury 10th!

don't get banned, fools!

Merry christmas?

Wish Phantast was back lol

Merry christmas you cunt :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If at the beginning of next season Conte & co. start talking about how the scudetto should be our no. 1 priority, I'll fucking murder someone. I don't give a shit if we can't possibly hope to win the CL. YOU WILL FUCKING PLAY IT LIKE WE CAN.

To me, the scudetto is NUMBER ONE this season, with or without CL football.
a respectable run was too much to ask innit -_-

Deep down inside, I want FIGC's third star, just to put this whole thing to rest and we can finally move on.

I won't care about winning the league ever after that.
3AQmK.gif
Just finish third and focus on Europe FOR ONCE.

Linius

Just saw the possible draw for the EL and we're fucked. I thought we would dogde other CL rejects and group winners but those are the clubs we will draw apparently. We're a bad number three in the CL so... :(

We are the number five out of eight number three's from the CL. On goal average even, this sucks.

FootballFan

I'm gonna be pretty busy in the next week. So let mish wish you merry christmas and nice holidays. i try to come in from time to time but wont be as much as before. will be back around janaury 10th!

don't get banned, fools!

Merry xmas bla. I'll be here protecting your honour.

3Sixty

Fuck this train to Newcastle is killing me.

My friends went up yesterday and ended up in a club doing shots with Keith Gillespie.

Lol

GorillaJu

Last season in this game you were 2 down immediately and then we let you run around till the final whistle. It took a bizarre OG for you to even get on the scoresheet. This time instead of Downing it will be Flanagan who fails to deal with Lennon.

Last season you had Gareth Bale, this season you do not. I don't think it's going to be an easy game, but Spurs are the least scary of the top teams. Your forwards don't actually score.

Beating a Russian team that's been gutted inside out and hasn't won in 19 games doesn't count :p

Zabojnik

To me, the scudetto is NUMBER ONE this season, with or without CL football.
a respectable run was too much to ask innit -_-

Deep down inside, I want FIGC's third star, just to put this whole thing to rest and we can finally move on.

I won't care about winning the league ever after that.
3AQmK.gif
Finish third and focus on Europe FOR ONCE.

Yeah, winning the real Decima would be awesome. I'm with you about winning the scudetto this year, but that's it then. Three in a row, after that we should just let it go and focus on not embarassing ourselves in CL.

Mastadon

Banned
Of course we have our own problems but we've scored 6 in our last 3 league games, we are starting to fix things. A win is perfectly doable, provided Lloris doesn't do something stupid again.

Yeah, your GD is still -1 though. Our defence is a bit shaky, but we've only conceded two more than you have so it's not like we're miles apart in that regard.

I'm not massively confident to be honest. We never seem to play particularly well against you for whatever reason and our away form is pretty horrid. I don't think any result will be particularly shocking.

My heart says that we'll sneak a 2-1 win, but my head thinks a draw is the most likely outcome.

FeD.nL

Just saw the possible draw for the EL and we're fucked. I thought we would dogde other CL rejects and group winners but those are the clubs we will draw apparently. We're a bad number three in the CL so... :(

We are the number five out of eight number three's from the CL. On goal average even, this sucks.

But Juve, Kiev, Porto are also unseeded, so i guess not all is bad, and with teams like Genk, Ludogorets (LOL PSV) and Sevilla among the seeded teams I guess not all is bad. Would love to get teamed up against the Spurs though, Eriksen and Vertonghen back in Amsterdam for a match make it happen plz.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, winning the real Decima would be awesome. I'm with you about winning the scudetto this year, but that's it then. Three in a row, after that we should just let it go and focus on not embarassing ourselves in CL.

Fernando-Llorente2.gif

He was named Player of the Month btw <3

Linius

But Juve, Kiev, Porto are also unseeded, so i guess not all is bad, and with teams like Genk, Ludogorets (LOL PSV) and Sevilla among the seeded teams I guess not all is bad. Would love to get teamed up against the Spurs though, Eriksen and Vertonghen back in Amsterdam for a match make it happen plz.

Haha, see my last post. And of course I'd be happy to see Vertonghen back. But Eriksen can get fucked, the cunt was important for us in one season and leaves right away :O

My Belgian buddy is Racing Genk fan so if we draw them that would be fun too.

FeD.nL

Haha, see my last post. And of course I'd be happy to see Vertonghen back. But Eriksen can get fucked, the cunt was important for us in one season and leaves right away :O

My Belgian buddy is Racing Genk fan so if we draw them that would be fun too.

Yes haha spurs would be great! Hope we don't get Napoli got enough of Italian teams for a while.. OL would be nice just to get some revenge for two years ago.

Linius

Yes haha spurs would be great! Hope we don't get Napoli got enough of Italian teams for a while.. OL would be nice just to get some revenge for two years ago.

Yeah, French fucks.

Doubt I'll be going to the home game though this time. I need to increase the cash flow I'm afraid :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho, do you even believe all the things you say about Spurs or you just say to make you feel better?

I'm positive about my team but I'm not talking garbage. As shit as we've been for most of the season we are 3 points behind Liverpool who have apparently had an amazing start. We have good players and a lot of them haven't even got out of first gear, like Rose, Eriksen, Soldado, Lamela, etc whereas teams like Arsenal and Liverpool are pretty much getting the maximum out of their key players.

Like last season after we lost Modric and VDV it has been an awkward transition post-Bale with some poor results but we are showing some grit now and creating more chances. I am confident we will go on a good run as we always do, people scoffed at us for the last 5 years when it comes to the top 4 but we have been there or thereabouts until the end and it will be the same again this year.

Top Bottom