• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What a fucking rubbish NYE I just went through. Thank goodness there's a full slate of EPL matches to cheer me up.

tri_willy

‏@JeremyClarkson

What a monumental twat this man is. I cannot wait for the day he goes to prison. pic.twitter.com/d3mU6j0mdK

hahahaha

WJD

OLE :(

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

L1NETT

I thought Ole said he wouldn't take it?

Money Money Money

Must be funny

In an Ole world

--

Which market? Ticket, players? Hopefully soon.

Elchele

lol at anyone thinking Suarez's assumed release clause has anything to do with normal EPL market prices

I wasn't referring to Suárez's release clause to be honest. In general the prices are beyond crazy.
Fellaini, for example, wouldn't be more than €12M in other leagues.

I wasn't referring to Suárez's release clause to be honest. In general the prices are beyond crazy.

Desperation+remaining contract+acclimatised+interleague tax

And your valuation of him based on his time at Everton is nonsense. He was worth at least £15m in any market imo.

fuenf

happy new year footyGAF!

I'm still hung over and the feeling that I choked and screwed up harder at yesterday's party than Bayern did during the 11/12 season won't leave me. :( FUCK.

Anyway 2013 was awesome, you guys are awesome and I wish you all the best for 2014!

Elchele

Desperation+remaining contract+acclimatised+interleague tax

And your valuation of him based on his time at Everton is nonsense. He was worth at least £15m in any market imo.

Sorry but I've seen various holding midfielders in the Bundesliga go for less than €8M who are MUCH better than Fellaini.

bobito

Banned

No way. He scored a goal every three games last season from midfield.

Sorry but I've seen various holding midfielders in the Bundesliga go for less than €8M who are MUCH better than Fellaini.

Well that's Man Utd's problem for playing him as a holding midfielder. He's been much better at AM for 2 full seasons than he's ever been at DM.

bobito

Banned

I don't know why people see fellaini as a DM. Even if he believes it's his best position. It quite clearly isn't true. No idea why Moyes plays him there at utd when it didn't work at Everton.

Elchele

Well that's Man Utd's problem for playing him as a holding midfielder. He's been much better at AM for 2 full seasons than he's ever been at DM.

I don't know why people see fellaini as a DM. Even if he believes it's his best position. It quite clearly isn't true. No idea why Moyes plays him there at utd when it didn't work at Everton.

What would be the point in playing a box-to-box midfielder as AM? That would be like playing Khedira there. And considering they have Kagawa, one of the best AM in recent years, sitting on the bench... playing Fellaini ahead of him there would be plain crazy.

Fellaini has to play like Khedira, running directly to the box to score lucky goals. Both are shit.

L1NETT

Fellani is best when he is playing in and around the centre halfs no?

Hasn't got the ball skills to be a world class dm.

WJD

To be fair to the big hairy twat, his last game for us against Everton was probably one of his best. Used the ball smartly, played some quick, moderately incisive forward passes and generally broke up play well. His biggest issue is his mobility and from that, who he can and can't be partnered with in the middle.

bobito

Banned
What would be the point in playing a box-to-box midfielder as AM? That would be like playing Khedira there. And considering they have Kagawa, one of the best AM in recent years, sitting on the bench... playing Fellaini ahead of him there would be plain crazy.

Fellaini has to play like Khedira, running directly to the box to score lucky goals. Both are shit.

Don't watch Everton often, but I swear he always played best at am not b2b. Sothat should be considered his position even if aesthetically he looks like a DM or b2b

Also kagawa is shit, let's be honest.

1. Who gives a shit what his traditional position is? He's better at AM than he is at DM, no matter what position he was bought for.
2. Kagawa has been a failure in England, simple as that. No matter how good he was for Dortmund, he's done fuck all for Man Utd to show that he should automatically be ahead of anyone in that spot behind the strikers.

Elchele

1. Who gives a shit what his traditional position is? He's better at AM than he is at DM, no matter what position he was bought for.
2. Kagawa has been a failure in England, simple as that. No matter how good he was for Dortmund, he's done fuck all for Man Utd to show that he should automatically be ahead of anyone in that spot behind the strikers.

1. I guess Manchester United? They signed him to fill the holding midfielder position.
2. Kagawa is amazing player, but an idiot, english football obviously doesn't suit his game.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The only reason the net didn't catch fire after Fernandinho's rocket is because of the wet conditions on the pitch.

Top Bottom