• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, as much as I like Holtby, with our recent injury woes in midfield you would think Holtby would be playing - the fact he isn't suggests Sherwood isn't going to under basically any circumstances, so we might as well at least loan him out, if not outright sell him.

Capoue, though, is useful, especially given Kaboul is basically a rattly bag of bones and our defence without him (and Verts) is a bit... weak. I know he's not a central defender, but he does a good job of pretending.

I wonder if we'll buy anyone? With Defoe gone, I think we do need another striker to sit on the bench if we're going to stick to 442 - unless Kane can hack it? Who knows.

omgkitty

Arsenal on the cusp of signing an U21 striker from Ligue 2.

Better than nothing I guess :|

Signing a young forward with lots of potential from Auxerre, when what we really need is a world class striker. Where have I heard this one before???

gun__1377000736_player_sanogo.jpg

Yen

. @BackPagePress: "At Inter Roy Hodgson mispronounced my name as Pirla (dickhead), perhaps understanding my true nature more than the others." - Pirlo

GHG

Gold Member
That's a lot of money for someone from Ligue 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ef_PdkqTlo#t=76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swa7vJ3NXOs

Actually looks pretty good on Youtube and Wenger has said this about him before on French TV:

‘Paul George Ntep has the potential to have a great future,’ he said.

‘It all depends on his mind, but he is a great prospect.’

But I don't think Wenger really understands how poor the standard is in the French league right now...

Having said that, if its all true and we sign the kid then I'll 100% support him though. Lets hope he's more Henry/Anelka than Chamakh/Gervinho.

Clegg

Watching highlights from a Clasico in 2007. Finished 3-3 with 19 year old Messi scoring a hat trick. Most notable thing about the game was the complete lack of cuntery in the game. Neither team made disgraces of themselves which they've been wont to do in more recent Clasico's. Just great football

Salvadora

It would suck if he died and we didn't have to play or pay him any more. Really terrible.
I think you're probably going to have to get used to an Arsenal-like deadwood contingent at the club for the foreseeable future. It's not going to be possible to get rid of all these people (so soon).

Judging by the amount of names you're all throwing out, you may as well just buy Southampton.

Yen

"@BackPagePress: "I don't feel pressure. I spent July 9 2006 sleeping & playing the Playstation. In the evening, I won the World Cup" '#PirloThursday"

Shanks, it's from the English publisher of his book. Out April 15th.

Salvadora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ef_PdkqTlo#t=76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swa7vJ3NXOs

Actually looks pretty good on Youtube and Wenger has said this about him before on French TV:

‘Paul George Ntep has the potential to have a great future,’ he said.

‘It all depends on his mind, but he is a great prospect.’

But I don't think Wenger really understands how poor the standard is in the French league right now...

Having said that, if its all true and we sign the kid then I'll 100% support him though. Lets hope he's more Henry/Anelka than Chamakh/Gervinho.
It's difficult to know what to think of this videos, because at the end of the day, it's still ligue 2.

From the limited amount of them I saw, he looks a tad like a flash merchant. Who knows how that would translate in the EPL.

"@BackPagePress: "I don't feel pressure. I spent July 9 2006 sleeping & playing the Playstation. In the evening, I won the World Cup" '#PirloThursday"

Shanks, it's from the English publisher of his book. Out April 15th.

WOW sweet, that is defo gonna be on my buying lists.

I hope he has enough money to buy a PS4 during the world cup

Fry

Brendan Rodgers has his eyes set on the title
The Merseysiders won a pulsating game at Stoke and Rodgers says his men are still in with a big chance.

It's 24 years since the league crown was lifted at Anfield, but, with 22-goal Luis Suarez around, boss Rodgers (below) reckons anything can happen.

He pointed to the fact that all their games against the top sides are at home, while most of their remaining away matches are against sides in the bottom half of the table.

Enough Rodgers said: "We went into this game, 18 games to go, nine at home and nine away and knowing seven of those away games are against teams in the bottom half.

"That doesn't mean they are gimmes, but I think we have shown enough to be challenging.

We're not going to say we're going to win the league, but we want to be part of the conversation.

"We are getting better all the time. Matches and places like Stoke are where you show your mentality and that was a brilliant win for us.

Schmelzer is awesome

After Bild journalists heavily criticized him and blamed him for the goals in the Germany - Paraquay match, Schmelzer called the Bild "journalist" on the phone. Schmelzer asked the guy why he was blaming Schmelzer for the goal. The "journalist" said: "Don't know, I'll have to watch that scene again."

Fucking Bild

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tbf, as much as I like Holtby, with our recent injury woes in midfield you would think Holtby would be playing - the fact he isn't suggests Sherwood isn't going to under basically any circumstances, so we might as well at least loan him out, if not outright sell him.

Capoue, though, is useful, especially given Kaboul is basically a rattly bag of bones and our defence without him (and Verts) is a bit... weak. I know he's not a central defender, but he does a good job of pretending.

I wonder if we'll buy anyone? With Defoe gone, I think we do need another striker to sit on the bench if we're going to stick to 442 - unless Kane can hack it? Who knows.

Holtby has had a minor knee injury for the last 3 weeks, that's why he hasn't played. He started at home to West Brom and wasn't fit until last Sunday, when he was on the bench.

We'll get another striker, no doubt about it. We bothered to replace Pavlyuchenko with Saha and we will do the same with Defoe, an older journeyman will come in until the end of the season.

Holtby has had a minor knee injury for the last 3 weeks, that's why he hasn't played. He started at home to West Brom and wasn't fit until last Sunday, when he was on the bench.

We'll get another striker, no doubt about it. We bothered to replace Pavlyuchenko with Saha and we will do the same with Defoe, an older journeyman will come in until the end of the season.

Aah OK, that makes more sense. That said, I'm not sure how Erikson and Holtby would play together anyway. I seem to remember they did in one game (a cup, I think??) and it didn't end up working out all that great.

GHG

Gold Member
It's Bild, it basically means:
"anginsdihmpskdüfkasofisdnhpiosmdopgfkaoskodpkasopgjosdbomsdopvmsrjoapsdkgoskdobsodvosdrkowekzopfhosdfäawsdgjsodäjgäbsdng"

So they're like the Daily Mail?

Nevermind, ignore me then!

Twitter rumblings are saying that we are interested in Doumbia... Please no.

Salvadora

------------------Szcesney-------
Sagna--Koscielny-Mertesacker--Gibbs
--------------Ramsey--gundegaon----------
Gnabry--------------Ozil----------------Draxler
--------------Paul-Georges Ntep--------------

Barbara Berlusconi
<3

omgkitty

It's difficult to know what to think of this videos, because at the end of the day, it's still ligue 2.

From the limited amount of them I saw, he looks a tad like a flash merchant. Who knows how that would translate in the EPL.

Yeah he definitely seems like a lot of flash with no real end product. 10 goals in Ligue 2 isn't really saying anything. My only worry is we'll buy Ntep and skip out on someone better (Griezmann) and I don't see him playing at all this season. If anything, I think we should just loan him to Rennes immediately after buying him.

GHG

Gold Member
I've just realised our history with signings from Auxerre...:

Diaby - Always injured
Sanogo - Always injured
Ntep - ???

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aah OK, that makes more sense. That said, I'm not sure how Erikson and Holtby would play together anyway. I seem to remember they did in one game (a cup, I think??) and it didn't end up working out all that great.

Yeah, that West Brom game had Eriksen and Holtby in CM and we were rubbish (although we drew because of a set play). Eriksen has the quality to play pretty much anywhere and still contribute, be it CAM, LW or CM, but Holtby has been shoveled around those same positions and done nowhere near enough. I like him but AVB's penchant for utility players did him a disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom