• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Just watched the first True Detective.

Wow.

Yup. Might be one of the highest quality opening TV episodes I've watched. Just oozes atmosphere and character depth.

It's fantastic. Rustie is a great character.

Can't wait to for episode 2 tomorrow.

McConaughey's acting is incredible. Just absolutely blew me away.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Are the changes from FM13 to 14 worth the jump?

The tactics changed a fair bit to try and make it easier, as well as making signing someone much easier/less time consuming,

As to whether that's worth it? It's all relative.

Slizz

A non EPL title is good. Although I still prefer the OG Football/Fussball etc title.

So has a .gif been posted of that Liverpool fan taking out his camera when Gabby exploded right in front of him?

Also, Whats the Liverpool fans consensus on the Suarez pen? Gotta say Stevie G looked pretty damn good in flashes.

noal

Banned
The tactics changed a fair bit to try and make it easier, as well as making signing someone much easier/less time consuming,

I take it you're on 14 then Wes?

I have trouble letting go of my FM careers.

Into

They did think he was good enough.

Some of the players like Giggs and Scholes yea, but not senile old man Ferguson, and he was the boss.

Tell us when United thought he wasn't good enough?

Ferguson clearly did not think he was that good, otherwise he would have done everything to keep him. Your loss is our gain, thanks.

He told The Times: "I didn't want to sign a contract as Ferguson didn't play me, even though there were no midfielders there.

"He obviously thought I didn't deserve the contract I asked for, and didn't put me in the team even though he had no midfield players. It was his choice.

"United were short of players like me, but it was the manager's decision. I couldn't do anything about it. I was frustrated because he spoke to me a few times and said I was nearly there.

"I told him 'If I don't play then I can't get any experience and see how far I have to go'. I played a few cup games but he didn't want to give me a contract and they just let me go."

Yen

I think Cissokho is the worst full-back I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt that has had this many games for us.

I'd have Dossena, Degen, Kromkamp, Traore and Josemi over him every single time.

He is just as clumsy as Traore but quicker, which just adds to it

Carbonox

Man Utd have more of a chance of signing Pogba than those plastic frogs over in Paris.

Even then it wouldn't happen.

Pogba<3Juve4lyfe

Clegg

Some of the players like Giggs and Scholes yea, but not senile old man Ferguson, and he was the boss.

Ferguson clearly did not think he was that good, otherwise he would have done everything to keep him. Your loss is our gain, thanks.
He did try to keep Pogba, but the contract offer was turned down. You're talking nonsense if you think United didn't rate Pogba. It was never a case of not rating him. Fergie didn't think he was trying hard enough for the reserves so he didn't used him in the senior team. An old school view, but not one that would ever suggest that he wasn't rated.

Into

He did try to keep Pogba, but the contract offer was turned down. You're talking nonsense if you think United didn't rate Pogba.

The only one talking complete utter nonsense is you. Pogba's own words. Ill highlight parts of it so it is easier for you to read:

He told The Times: "I didn't want to sign a contract as Ferguson didn't play me, even though there were no midfielders there.

"He obviously thought I didn't deserve the contract I asked for, and didn't put me in the team even though he had no midfield players. It was his choice.

"United were short of players like me, but it was the manager's decision. I couldn't do anything about it. I was frustrated because he spoke to me a few times and said I was nearly there.

"I told him 'If I don't play then I can't get any experience and see how far I have to go'. I played a few cup games but he didn't want to give me a contract and they just let me go."

He did not see his potential and talent as he was not willing to give him the contract a player of his caliber deserves. We done?

TeegsD

While all that stuff sounds inviting, I don't think it will be worth the $50 on Steam. Thanks Wes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom