• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Was working at the library so forgot to say

congrats on the win united

If Chelsea can win it, no reason you...er....um.....

forget it

---

new thread smell.

ahhhhh

---

AC 2 + 4 are good. Wash your mouth out Wilbury

Carbo knows.

But France is so fucking boring. Give me vikings or Aztecs Ubi.

Salvadora

Lets say United do win the Champions League.

There is just a big of a chance it's Arsenal who loses out as opposed to Liverpool.

SZIBBEp.png

Not even 2 is good, they are all shite.

We might finally have a gaming opinion we can agree on. Ass Creed has and always will be shit, was a real interesting concept in the beginning I thought, but was quickly drained of any potential by ubisoft.

Wilbur

Banned
dat good taste club

bros 4 lyf

oi do you wanna help me pick a dylan question for my second essay bceause i know you love him

1. Heckler: “Judas!”
Dylan: “I don’t believe you … You’re a liar”
(Manchester, 1966)

Never far from controversy, Dylan is often seen as iconoclastic, as someone who challenges inherited beliefs and ways of thinking. Identify the targets of Dylan’s attacks and critically consider this aspect of Dylan's work.

2. “There are only two kinds of people: there’s saved people and there’s lost people. ... Jesus is Lord and every race shall bow to Him!” (Dylan, 1979)
Critically examine Dylan’s “born again” phase and, working closely with the songs, examine its authenticity.

3. “God is a woman” (Dylan, 1965)
Examine the changing presentation of women in Dylan’s work.

4. What portrait of America and American society emerges from Dylan’s art?

5. By examining religious references in a range of Dylan’s songs, critically compare his use of the Old and New Testaments in his work.

6. “I was just trying to make it [Blood on the Tracks] like a painting where you can see the different parts, but then you also see the whole of it.” (Dylan, 1985)
Critically examine the relationship between music and painting on Blood on the Tracks'.

7. “It couldn't help but make me feel ashamed
To live in a land where justice is a game.”
(“Hurricane”)
Compare and contrast Dylan’s early and late material to examine the changing nature of his “protest” or “'finger-pointing”' songs.

8. “Sweet virgin angel, sweet love of my life” (“Sara”)
Critically examine the paradoxes in Dylan’s portrayal of women in his songs.

9. “The stories on John Wesley Harding attempt to rewrite the folk-songs of the American psyche.”
In what ways might this album be said to convey the bedrock of the national psyche?

10. “Bob Dylan: story-teller” (Allen Ginsberg)
Identify the components of a Dylan “story” and critically examine his storytelling
techniques in a range of songs. (You may restrict yourself to a single album, such as John Wesley Harding.)

11. Critically examine the relationship between Dylan’s presentation (vocal and musical) and message in a range of songs.

12. Compare and contrast Dylan’s depiction of the underdog in his early and late work. Has his message changed across the years?

13. Is it fair to say that Dylan’s final message, put simply, is “Apocalypse Soon”?
Support your answer with reference to a range of songs across Dylan’s career.

14. Compare and contrast a range of songs to examine Dylan’s treatment of the
public and the private in his work. (You may, if you wish, concentrate on the
albums Blood on the Tracks and Desire.)

15. After 1968 Dylan seemed to search for direction, producing New Morning,
Nashville Skyline, Planet Waves, and The Basement Tapes, none of which was
well received by the critics. Choose one of these albums and analyse it critically to reveal its strengths and weaknesses.

16. All literary artists use symbols and images to convey their meanings. Either by selecting a specific album or by choosing material from across Dylan’s career, identify and examine his use of imagery and symbols in his work.

17. Dylan’s work is often said to offer a relentless and on-going critique of authority. Is this a fair comment? Support your answer with reference to a range of songs.

18. How does setting contribute to the message in Dylan’s songs?

19. “Despite the complexity of many of his songs, Dylan is also noted for using simplicity as a means to convey his point. Thus, albums of intellectual material also include such elements as nursery rhyme and children's stories to pass equally incisive comments on the state of the world.”
Critically examine a range of such songs, commenting upon their effectiveness.

20. In what ways might Dylan’s work be regarded as post-colonial? Support your answer with reference to a range of material and, if relevant, by considering the ventriloquism Dylan uses to give voice to his subjects.

Arnie

Lets say United do win the Champions League.

There is just a big of a chance it's Arsenal who loses out as opposed to Liverpool.
An even greater chance, I'd wager.
bros 4 lyf

oi do you wanna help me pick a dylan question for my second essay bceause i know you love him

1. Heckler: “Judas!”
Dylan: “I don’t believe you … You’re a liar”
(Manchester, 1966)

Never far from controversy, Dylan is often seen as iconoclastic, as someone who challenges inherited beliefs and ways of thinking. Identify the targets of Dylan’s attacks and critically consider this aspect of Dylan's work.

2. “There are only two kinds of people: there’s saved people and there’s lost people. ... Jesus is Lord and every race shall bow to Him!” (Dylan, 1979)
Critically examine Dylan’s “born again” phase and, working closely with the songs, examine its authenticity.

3. “God is a woman” (Dylan, 1965)
Examine the changing presentation of women in Dylan’s work.

4. What portrait of America and American society emerges from Dylan’s art?

5. By examining religious references in a range of Dylan’s songs, critically compare his use of the Old and New Testaments in his work.

6. “I was just trying to make it [Blood on the Tracks] like a painting where you can see the different parts, but then you also see the whole of it.” (Dylan, 1985)
Critically examine the relationship between music and painting on Blood on the Tracks'.

7. “It couldn't help but make me feel ashamed
To live in a land where justice is a game.”
(“Hurricane”)
Compare and contrast Dylan’s early and late material to examine the changing nature of his “protest” or “'finger-pointing”' songs.

8. “Sweet virgin angel, sweet love of my life” (“Sara”)
Critically examine the paradoxes in Dylan’s portrayal of women in his songs.

9. “The stories on John Wesley Harding attempt to rewrite the folk-songs of the American psyche.”
In what ways might this album be said to convey the bedrock of the national psyche?

10. “Bob Dylan: story-teller” (Allen Ginsberg)
Identify the components of a Dylan “story” and critically examine his storytelling
techniques in a range of songs. (You may restrict yourself to a single album, such as John Wesley Harding.)

11. Critically examine the relationship between Dylan’s presentation (vocal and musical) and message in a range of songs.

12. Compare and contrast Dylan’s depiction of the underdog in his early and late work. Has his message changed across the years?

13. Is it fair to say that Dylan’s final message, put simply, is “Apocalypse Soon”?
Support your answer with reference to a range of songs across Dylan’s career.

14. Compare and contrast a range of songs to examine Dylan’s treatment of the
public and the private in his work. (You may, if you wish, concentrate on the
albums Blood on the Tracks and Desire.)

15. After 1968 Dylan seemed to search for direction, producing New Morning,
Nashville Skyline, Planet Waves, and The Basement Tapes, none of which was
well received by the critics. Choose one of these albums and analyse it critically to reveal its strengths and weaknesses.

16. All literary artists use symbols and images to convey their meanings. Either by selecting a specific album or by choosing material from across Dylan’s career, identify and examine his use of imagery and symbols in his work.

17. Dylan’s work is often said to offer a relentless and on-going critique of authority. Is this a fair comment? Support your answer with reference to a range of songs.

18. How does setting contribute to the message in Dylan’s songs?

19. “Despite the complexity of many of his songs, Dylan is also noted for using simplicity as a means to convey his point. Thus, albums of intellectual material also include such elements as nursery rhyme and children's stories to pass equally incisive comments on the state of the world.”
Critically examine a range of such songs, commenting upon their effectiveness.

20. In what ways might Dylan’s work be regarded as post-colonial? Support your answer with reference to a range of material and, if relevant, by considering the ventriloquism Dylan uses to give voice to his subjects.

I'll choose the question and even answer it for you.

Question 18.

Answer: It doesn't.

dc89

But.

I didn't watch the trailers.

Awh shiiiiiiiii

I spoil everything. I remember when I once spoilt F1 (still not sure if that's possible but whatever) and once I posted a full blown Game of Thrones spoiler In quote tags instead of spoiler.

A combination of mashing the keyboard and preying got me out of that one. For a moment I thought that was it, I'm history.

cremino

Numerous media reports that Seedorf will get sacked if he lose against Lazio and Fiorentina.....
Galliani wins again

rvy

Banned
Numerous media reports that Seedorf will get sacked if he lose against Lazio and Fiorentina.....
Galliani wins again

What a bunch of bullshit.

Did you not know that Seedorf employs man to man marking before hiring him?

Mastadon

Banned
Wilbs, I'd go for 21:

"You've been saying that I’m driving you crazy,
And I haven't been around for you lately,"

Discuss the commentary on society's attitude towards Mental Health raised by Hear'Say in their song, Pure and Simple.

K1LLER7

Athletico? No chance.

Dortmund? Hmmmm, maybe?
Athletico, because I think their players will start to tire. They still have the la liga to play for and will have to field strong teams. May effect them by the time the next CL game comes around.

Dortmund if they stay in this poor form.

Would still have both of these teams as favourites though.

cremino

Sack Seedorf

Bring back Allegri

????

Nope. Tassotti will be the caretaker until the end of the season then Inzaghi or Prandelli will be the coach.. Some say Seedorf will get sacked because he asked for reinforcements and said the 3/4 of the squad is shit....

Jarnet87

Please draw Dortmund. When we host them at OT the fans can roll down a picture of Klopp over Moyes on The Chosen One banner.

saw the entirety of MGS:GZ on Youtube.
60 minutes. 30€.

next time i see someone bitching about incomplete EA games or nickel-and-diming Ubisoft tactics i'll stab them if i found out they bought this piece of shit.

60 minutes.

30€.

cunts.

Splatt

Nope. Tassotti will be the caretaker until the end of the season then Inzaghi or Prandelli will be the coach.. Some say Seedorf will get sacked because he asked for reinforcements and said the 3/4 of the squad is shit....

So basically, whoever comes as a coach after Seedorf, Milan is fucked because Seedorf is right, 3/4 of the squad is shit.

rvy

Banned
60 minutes. 30€.

next time i see someone bitching about incomplete EA games or nickel-and-diming Ubisoft tactics i'll stab them if i found out they bought this piece of shit.

60 minutes.

30€.

cunts.

pls don't stab me

I honestly think Chelsea would have the best chance against Dortmund or United. I of course would rather play United but in the end we will draw Barca, we always do.

dc89

60 minutes. 30€.

60 minutes.

30€.

cunts.

Completed the story for the second time this morning.

L1NETT

nickel-and-diming Ubisoft tactics

On that,

Is the greatest irony in games history that definition of insanity speech of Vaas' in Far Cry 3 when he says "doing the same thing over and over again is insanity". Then you have to go to 30 identical watchtowers and skin 30 animals to kill more dudes...again and again

Or that game is meta on another level.

I dunno.

rvy

Banned
On that,

Is the greatest irony in games history that definition of insanity speech of Vaas' in Far Cry 3 when he says "doing the same thing over and over again is insanity". Then you have to go to 30 identical watchtowers and skin 30 animals to kill more dudes...again and again

Or that game is meta on another level.

I dunno.

No, it's simply shit.
Like any Ubisoft game that isn't designed by Ancel.

cremino

So basically, whoever comes as a coach after Seedorf, Milan is fucked because Seedorf is right, 3/4 of the squad is shit.

They don't want to spend money.... This wouldn't be such a problem if there weren't so many shitty players on high wages and keep in mind the squad is pretty bloated (it's composed by 40/50 players considering those on loan)

arkon

Can't believe United made it through.

Did that Olympiakos fan who was running his/her mouth pop in after the game?

Hellenic championship, my arse.

K1LLER7

"This is nothing for joy that manchester has given me . Esto no es nada para la alegría que me ha dado manchester."

BjIH7KUIEAADY2s.jpg

I honestly think Chelsea would have the best chance against Dortmund or United. I of course would rather play United but in the end we will draw Barca, we always do.

Man Utd is the last team I want us to draw. We have already played them enough times this year. I want us to get Dortmund, PSG or one of the Madrid teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom