• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

BlLyZ6VCYAAyB_N.jpg:large

Honey Bunny

Oh God, anyone got the screenshot of that poor guy on GAF who started that meme? Something about him accidentally screenshotting his folder saying tranny surprise and sending it to his girlfriend... I read that historical GAF moments thread or whatever it was called, and there was a link to his old thread. The whole thing ended up on the front page of digg and such... With his face and everything from the MSN convo he had open with his girlfriend. :lol

Then people started searching for his username and found him searching around on everything from that to BBW forums for pussy. I think he still posts on here.

I thought you meant this guy (click his tag) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=1583

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dembele and Bentaleb will be playing for the U21s tonight against Manchester United.

Meier

FC Bayern bought Sebastian Rode from Frankfurt:

Welcome to Manchester United, Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Keep in mind this is Bayern we're talking about -- bought is a little misleading. You guys signed him on a free. No soup for you, Frankfurt.

Ushojax

Eriksen is really settling in well now, he's producing the goods almost every game. Compared to other similar players in the league his numbers stack up very well when you consider how many games he's missed.

n010.png

Hopefully in the summer he will be moved into Van Der Vaarts old position, his defending is abysmal on the wing and regularly costs us goals. He needs to be able to drift around without having to back-up Danny Rose.

Barzul

DaG ‏@Wrighty_8 1h
We should bring Kolo back for next season. Guaranteed to win the PL with him in the squad.

LOOOOOOL. This is an Arsenal fan and it had me rolling because it just might be true.

Wilbur

Banned
The word “pity” does not appear in Keane’s dictionary. It goes straight from “pitchfork” to “pizza”.

h e l p

Losing to Barcelona was wryly amusing the first time, positively uproarious the third. Birmingham City at Wembley was a comedic masterpiece that Larry David could not have scripted better. The sniggering generated after the defeat by Bradford City on penalties could have powered the National Grid for a week.

m e

With the possible exception of Tottenham, Arsenal lose more hilariously than anybody else: a mirth-obligating tableau of slapstick defending and choreographed chaos, legs akimbo, faces forlorn, Thomas Vermaelen arriving on the scene with perfect comic timing, asking: "Did I miss anything?"

t o

Thierry Henry was the complete footballer, but there is one important respect in which he cannot touch Yaya Sanogo: a hysterically inept footballer, a human newel post, a man whose legs appear to be constantly arguing with each other.

b r e a t h e

tri_willy

tr**ny is a banned word? Fuck man Gaf has changed. It used to be whenever you posted a screen shot of a website, you always had another tab open with tr**ny surprise or "tr**ny s*ndwi*h" as the title.

well i got done 2 weeks for it for referencing it on brazilian ronaldo

Salvadora

Wait, why would losing to Barcelona be so amusing?

We didn't do it in hilarious circumstances and they were the best team in the world. Birmingham, sure.

Wilbur

Banned
I've not understood the media uproar over Arsenal celebrating getting to the cup final.

It's like they can't understand the wider context.

I do think it's a bit odd that people are chastising Arsenal for celebrating beating a 'Championship side', as if that team haven't almost gone two years unbeaten in the competition.

But I do think the celebration just getting through, selfies and all - and this applies to Hull too - is a bit much. I think Arsenal should be taking it a bit more seriously; if they fuck up the final there's literally nowhere to turn. Hull will have an excuse. You won't.

Jack cw

Keep in mind this is Bayern we're talking about -- bought is a little misleading. You guys signed him on a free. No soup for you, Frankfurt.

I guess with transfers like this, there is always some kind of hand money involved. Talented youngsters and their managment do nothing for free ;)

Barzul

I do think it's a bit odd that people are chastising Arsenal for celebrating beating a 'Championship side', as if that team haven't almost gone two years unbeaten in the competition.

But I do think the celebration just getting through, selfies and all - and this applies to Hull too - is a bit much. I think Arsenal should be taking it a bit more seriously; if they fuck up the final there's literally nowhere to turn. Hull will have an excuse. You won't.

Good thing it's a month away and we'll have almost everyone fit.

Salvadora

It's just the same newspapers who call City "brave" for going out against Barcelona.

Selfies are a cultural phenomenal. I fail to see how that is "going over the top."

Won't have any of it.

3Sixty

Eriksen is really settling in well now, he's producing the goods almost every game. Compared to other similar players in the league his numbers stack up very well when you consider how many games he's missed.

n010.png

Hopefully in the summer he will be moved into Van Der Vaarts old position, his defending is abysmal on the wing and regularly costs us goals. He needs to be able to drift around without having to back-up Danny Rose.

Lallana so based.

So durable

L1NETT

I don't see why a team wouldn't be happy for reaching a final.

I think it's just the way they went apeshite after beating Wigan

Wigan

On penalties

Nowt wrong with being happy, but they went winning the lottery crazy.

Same way they all went nuts after finishing 4th

Small club mentality.

jesalr

n010.png

It's the exact problem we used to have on the occasion Redknapp shunted Rafa out wide, Corluka got absolutely bullied.

Salvadora

I think it's just the way they went apeshite after beating Wigan

Wigan

On penalties

Nowt wrong with being happy, but they went winning the lottery crazy.

Same way they all went nuts after finishing 4th

Small club mentality.
Wigan, the holders of the cup.

Wigan, who knocked out City.

Wigan, who we had to come from behind to beat on penalties.

Wigan.

Meier

I guess with transfers like this, there is always some kind of hand money involved. Talented youngsters and their managment do nothing for free ;)

He and his agent got paid.. your competition didn't though. If you sell him at some point, they'll get a few percent of the transfer fee thanks to training him while he was under 23 though.

Can someone with Photoshop ad "Cripes!" to this when he says it. I wish gifcam was a little better quality.. surely someone out there can recreate it with a bit better capture quality. :(

iSU7r96EbO1na.gif

Ushojax

It's the exact problem we used to have on the occasion Redknapp shunted Rafa out wide, Corluka got absolutely bullied.

Yeah, VDV on the wing only ever worked when Walker was playing and when Harry played Modric, Sandro and Parker as a 3. Then it worked very well, one of our best performances under Harry was using that system away at the Bridge in 11/12, we got a very good 0-0 that we should have won.

Our current manager doesn't even have the tactical nous of Harry, this shit should be obvious immediately. Eriksen + Rose away from home, is going to get shat on by any competent opposition. Playing Chadli as a CM is just dumb against all but the worst teams.

If we'd beaten Man Utd to fourth having been trailing for months and having to win like 9 of the last 10 games, I'd have felt like we'd won something as well tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom