• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

World Soccer Magazine
"My wife, Cristina, often complains about my tactics. She keeps on telling me that I should stick with the players who won the last match."

Bayern should have hired Pep's missus instead.

Fuck that

That's what I was thinking. You need someone who's guaranteed to fit right in and play well from the off, and Hamsik doesn't strike me as that player. Even if he's not very good, Carvalho's supposed attributes would see him improve your CM instantly for example.

Then again, I thought Wanyama would be a powerhouse this season :p

Kermi alerted me to this:

"In 2012, Bubba Watson won Masters the day City lost to Arsenal before winning last 6 games to win title. They have 6 games left again. Omen."

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonMEN/status/455625371804008448

Tim Schaefer ‏@TimmyPants 3m
@dancrehan I chucked the GoPro on last night in the Pig. It was pretty mental in there. When I can stomach it, I'll send you the best bits!

GoPRO in the pig hahahahahha.

Salvadora

@Arsenal-gaf, would you rather have bought Higuain than Ozil in hindsight?
Using hindsight, perhaps.

But it shouldn't be an either or decision. Arsenal lacked both creativity in midfield and quality up front. While having Giroud as our only option has hamstrung us, injuries have just as much if not more.

I've not seen enough of Higuain at Napoli to give a definitive answer.

Wilbur

Banned
omg, that James Richardson impression at the start of Football Weekly...

deadmanny.png

Listening to it now :looool

Tim Schaefer ‏@TimmyPants 3m
@dancrehan I chucked the GoPro on last night in the Pig. It was pretty mental in there. When I can stomach it, I'll send you the best bits!

GoPRO in the pig hahahahahha

jesus fucking christ

Kermdog went mad yesterday. Called Viva petty and then picked on him for being religious

the mind boggles

wot happens in the pig

stays in the pig

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hasn't Iaquinta left now?

Yes. But the data he left behind is still here, and it's priceless.

At least 46 different types of experiments were conducted on Mr.Iaquinta for the explicit purpose of gaining medical and scientific information, with the larger goal of benefiting our squad.

Our next Iaquinta/Guinea pig is obviously no other than Simone Pepe (RIP).

jesus fucking christ

Kermdog went mad yesterday. Called Viva petty and then picked on him for being religious

the mind boggles

wot happens in the pig

stays in the pig

I can easily see the go pro clip of them celebrating the 2-2 scoring, being in the middle of some montage of people sky diving and skiing down mountains.

People who flaunt their atheism are the worst.

The bits of the radio shows and podcasts where Ricky Gervais goes on about it are unlistenable. Nobody's fucking impressed by it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

jesus fucking christ

the mind boggles

wot happens in the pig

stays in the pig

my favourite Kermit moment:

I don't find Asians attractive

dates an Asian girl

Clegg

jesus fucking christ

the mind boggles

wot happens in the pig

stays in the pig
You've already lost the argument when you start off by laughing at someone's faith and then trying make yourself seem superior.

The bits of the radio shows and podcasts where Ricky Gervais goes on about it are unlistenable. Nobody's fucking impressed by it.

That goes for anything really. That Ricky Gervais is particularly annoying no matter what he's discussing, does not help.

Wilbur

Banned
I can easily see the go pro clip of them celebrating the 2-2 scoring, being in the middle of some montage of people sky diving and skiing down mountains.

:looooooooooooool

Mm, it is really annoying. I like when they're talking about it and it's contrasted with Karl being impressed that they fit so many elephants on the ark and whatnot, but - as much as I agree with Gervais on the subject - it does come across overly antagonistic

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry to keep posting articles, but I'm listening to Football Weekly now. I love Barney Ronay. I wanted to know who he supports. I Googled. I found this.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/may/22/barcelona-cesc-fabregas-barney-ronay

Why are Barcelona so annoying?

Mainly it's to do with that sense of swooning self-love; not so much the idea but the manner in which they paint themselves as "més que un club". The fact is all football clubs are "more than a club". Yeovil Town are more than a club. Get over it.

Even more annoying, but related, is Barcelona's unshakeable conviction that they are intrinsically good. We are the ewoks here, they shriek. We are the Dukes of Hazard. Never mind that as a regional powerhouse they have such economic might they can even self‑righteously abjure shirt sponsorship (the Bono-style Unicef endorsement is also annoying. You keep thinking: just get Carlsberg on the phone and buy a proper centre-forward). No other football club anywhere insists with such needy, weepy fervour that you love it. This is cloying and I refuse to swoon.

Above all I dislike their non‑contact tippy-tappy style of play, often deemed, like Barcelona themselves, to be intrinsically "good". I have a theory the popularity of this style owes a lot to the fact that it looks good on TV: a televisual style, suited to the armchair rhythms of possession-foul-replay-pundit-blather. It is so obviously and demonstrably high end. Oh look – a backheel! A dinky one-two! This is good football even if you don't really know that much about football, accessibly high spec like a £40 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

now I love him even more

Wilbur

Banned
I remember roaring when Arteta scored that goal. fuk lyf

Apparently Stephen Gerrard will be the greatest player in Premier League history if Liverpool win the league.

Yeah, that was the article I posted that Giggs quote from lol. He's already one of the best, but he isn't even the best player at Liverpool this year innit.

Yeah.

I'm an atheist but at least I have the decency to respect other people's beliefs. Arguing with each other over this is pointless and stupid, to each his own.

yarp

danwarb

Apparently Stephen Gerrard will be the greatest player in Premier League history if Liverpool win the title.

Liverpool's history, I'd say so, but I've only been able to pay close attention for the last few decades. Quality + time + many incredible moments.

Yeah.

I'm an atheist but at least I have the decency to respect other people's beliefs. Arguing with each other over this is pointless and stupid, to each his own.

Pretty much.

The Muslim guys at work are pretty strange when it comes to discussing it though. I talk to the guys born in England about Islam as I'm genuinely interested in it, and they're more than happy to talk about it. But if we're overheard by someone who's come over from Pakistan or India, they look at me like I'm trying to snide my way into their inner circle so I can destroy them from within, or looking for things to take the piss out of.

This one guy even once interrupted to ask what religion I was, and then started sneering when I said I'm an atheist and said 'how can you believe in evolution?'

I stopped asking questions about it at work now, and only ask about it from one of my friends from work when he gives me a lift home and Islam-related stuff comes up :p

Wilbur

Banned
Referees for the weekend:

Mark Clattenburg has been appointed referee for Everton v Man Utd on Sunday 20 April #EVEMUN

Jon Moss has been appointed referee for Hull v Arsenal on Sunday 20 April #HULARS

Mike Dean has been appointed referee for Chelsea v Sunderland on Saturday 19 April #CHESUN

Chris Foy has been appointed referee for Newcastle v Swansea on Saturday 19 April #NEWSWA

Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Cardiff v Stoke on Saturday 19 April #CARSTK

Lee Mason has been appointed referee for Aston Villa v Southampton on Saturday 19 April #AVLSOU

Phil Dowd has been appointed referee for Man City v West Brom on Monday 21 April #MCIWBA

Martin Atkinson has been appointed referee for West Ham v Crystal Palace on Saturday 19 April #WHUCRY

Lee Probert has been appointed referee for Spurs v Fulham on Saturday 19 April #TOTFUL

Andre Marriner has been appointed referee for Norwich v Liverpool on Sunday 20 April #NORLIV

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty much.

The Muslim guys at work are pretty strange when it comes to discussing it though. I talk to the guys born in England about Islam as I'm genuinely interested in it, and they're more than happy to talk about it. But if we're overheard by someone who's come over from Pakistan or India, they look at me like I'm trying to snide my way into their inner circle so I can destroy them from within, or looking for things to take the piss out of.

This one guy even once interrupted to ask what religion I was, and then started sneering when I said I'm an atheist and said 'how can you believe in evolution?'

I stopped asking questions about it at work now, and only ask about it from one of my friends from work when he gives me a lift home and Islam-related stuff comes up :p

oh for fucks sake hitch

you just walk around asking everyone questions

loooooooooooooooooooooool

Andre Marriner has been appointed referee for Norwich v Liverpool on Sunday 20 April #NORLIV

Can we play Henderson and just have him wear Allen's shirt in that case? :p

It's a shame it's got to the point, rightly, where we're interested in which referee will be taking charge of our games as there's such a discrepancy in their abilities.

Referees for the weekend:

Mark Clattenburg has been appointed referee for Everton v Man Utd on Sunday 20 April #EVEMUN

Jon Moss has been appointed referee for Hull v Arsenal on Sunday 20 April #HULARS

Mike Dean has been appointed referee for Chelsea v Sunderland on Saturday 19 April #CHESUN

Chris Foy has been appointed referee for Newcastle v Swansea on Saturday 19 April #NEWSWA

Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Cardiff v Stoke on Saturday 19 April #CARSTK

Lee Mason has been appointed referee for Aston Villa v Southampton on Saturday 19 April #AVLSOU

Phil Dowd has been appointed referee for Man City v West Brom on Monday 21 April #MCIWBA

Martin Atkinson has been appointed referee for West Ham v Crystal Palace on Saturday 19 April #WHUCRY

Lee Probert has been appointed referee for Spurs v Fulham on Saturday 19 April #TOTFUL

We got Twattenburg, shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty much.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

dude, don't talk about religion with your colleagues! [Code of Conduct]

What a cunt.

he tattooed her name (in more than one place) and HER FACE on his arm

he's so pathetic
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
How can they keep giving Clattenburg so many important games when he bottles the big decisions?

I think the entire system we have right now is fucking embarrassing. Referees fuck up and they either get away with it, or go referee in the Championship for a week, while managers get fined for drawing attention to it. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Never mind the Skrtel handball yesterday (which none of us noticed in real time), but the Suarez decision was just perplexing. I don't understand what his reasoning was for the decision he came to. It's either a foul for Liverpool or a second yellow for Suarez. Foul for City and no card was incomprehensible.

Not just him though, there isn't one brilliant ref in the league. I think Chris Foy's probably the best by default, which is fucking sad. Webb's lost it.

I think the entire system we have right now is fucking embarrassing. Referees fuck up and they either get away with it, or go referee in the Championship for a week, while managers get fined for drawing attention to it. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Never mind the Skrtel handball yesterday (which none of us noticed in real time), but the Suarez decision was just perplexing. I don't understand what his reasoning was for the decision he came to. It's either a foul for Liverpool or a second yellow for Suarez. Foul for City and no card was incomprehensible.

Not just him though, there isn't one brilliant ref in the league. I think Chris Foy's probably the best by default, which is fucking sad. Webb's lost it.

Dowd is the best imo, attention-seeking bellend that he is.

People can go on about him letting Chelsea get in his ear after the Flores foul, but it was an obvious second booking, and he told Terry to fuck off while he thought about it which is always welcome

Wilbur

Banned
Dowd is the best imo, attention-seeking bellend that he is.

People can go on about him letting Chelsea get in his ear after the Flores foul, but it was an obvious second booking, and he told Terry to fuck off which is always welcome

Dowd is decent as well to be honest, but he does love the attention.

Probert's the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom