• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

I had it yesterday with Watch Dogs (thankfully I meant to cancel so saved myself £42!) I think its a card issue, perhaps contact Amazon via chat?

A change of card would probably fix it though, have you replaced your card since you ordered it?

Hey that's the exact same order I'm having issues with! Could it be something to do with Watch Dogs itself then? WATCH DOGS IS REAL INNIT

Seriously though, can't be a coincidence that me and you are having this issue with the order. I made payments and cash withdrawals perfectly fine earlier today and I haven't had a problem with my water filter (oh im so boring) order either.

PSG could do with a winger

Someone who works hard for the team, hits his man every time with crosses, has a deadly shot and can lead the team with skill and bravery

That man is Ashley Young

£30 million

Mac_Lane

You have to understand that the Qatari owners have unlimited cash at their disposal, and that buying Luiz in that fashion is a nice way to tell UEFA to fuck off, basically.

It's pretty clear that Mourinho doesn't want Luis and didn't want Mata. Arsenal were desperate to keep Fabregas.

Remember the ChelseaGAF outrage at the start of last season where there were reports of Chelsea offering us Luiz or Mata in exchange for Rooney? MADNESS!! LIES!!!

Funny to look back on.

Barzul

Our players leave because we don't play them and/or don't want them. Your players leave because they want more money or trophies.
Luiz is a big player and he will definitely win trophies with PSG. Same with Mata at United

I don't think your making a very strong point. Mata and Luiz were surplus to requirement. In most of our cases the players weren't, although that's changing.

Luiz is a big player and he will definitely win trophies with PSG. Same with Mata at United

That literally has nothing to do with what I said... Neither have demanded transfers for a lack of trophies or money, Mata wasn't being played as he didn't want him and was shipped off when he made it clear he didn't want to fight for his place and Luiz is being sold because he's too unreliable and doesn't fit into the team when Jose has Terry/Cahill in central defence and is clearly looking for a proper partner for Matic in CM.

Im sure they will win trophies, but that isn't why they left.

Remember the ChelseaGAF outrage at the start of last season where there were reports of Chelsea offering us Luiz or Mata in exchange for Rooney? MADNESS!! LIES!!!

Funny to look back on.

This is a good point, but I don't think it was a particularly unreasonable response. Jose showed us how they weren't needed, I'm sad about David Luiz leaving but for the money, cha-ching

L1NETT

I think there should be a raffle and whoever wins gets the sell their club's worse player to PSG at extortionate prices

I think Chelsea might even be on Watchdog (is that still on?) because they just fucking robbed PSG

Nicky Campbell gonna be all over that shit

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PSG could do with a winger

Someone who works hard for the team, hits his man every time with crosses, has a deadly shot and can lead the team with skill and bravery

That man is Ashley Young

£30 million

The very notion of bargaining over Ashley Young would be hilarious, any offer and you can have him, just take him away.

He will never leave though, he will never leave

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
According to the Telegraph Chelsea are going to spend the Luiz money on one of Koke, Pogba or Paulinho.
one of these is not like the others

Fintan

It gives the perception that Chelsea's players can be bought at the right price. Watch them go for Hazard now.

The right price? We got a ridiculous amount of money out of them for Luiz based on reports and they'd probably have to offer, what, double that for Hazard?

It gives the perception that Chelsea's players can be bought at the right price. Watch them go for Hazard now.

It gives the perception that if we decide to back our manager long-term and let him build his team and decide who isn't needed that you're still going to have to pay top dollar to get them.

GQman2121

Banned
He has the same agent as Mourinho and did talk you guys up the other day. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. Zouma could stay out on loan for another year perhaps? Still can't believe you guys got him so cheap.

I think we're in the market solely for a leftback. With Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic and Kalas we're in good shape rotation wise. Ivanovic can spell whomever out on the right and Azpili has proven he can handle things on the left if he has to.

Zouma was a great deal. If he doesn't go back on loan I'm going to get his shirt. The yellow away which I really like.

I think we're in the market solely for a leftback. With Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic and Kalas we're in good shape rotation wise. Ivanovic can spell whomever out on the right and Azpili has proven he can handle things on the left if he has to.

Zouma was a great deal. If he doesn't go back on loan I'm going to get his shirt. The yellow away which I really like.

Kalas is going on loan, Zouma will replace Luiz.

Carbonox

Spoke with Amazon and they said my bank refused the charge. I'm trying to remember if I changed my card details at any point given I preordered the game the moment it went up on Amazon UK last year...

Either way I cancelled the order to be on the safe side. I'll get the game when it goes down in price a bit. A game isn't worth this hassle.

Meier

Prior to Luiz's move (figures from the Mail):

TOP 10: Premier League exports (£)
1. Gareth Bale (Spurs to Real Madrid) 86m
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (United to Real) - 80m
3. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal to Barca) - 35m
4. Luka Modric (Spurs to Real Madrid) - 30m
5. Xabi Alonso (Liverpool to Real Madrid) - 30m
6. David Beckham (Man United to Real) - 25m
7. Marc Overmars (Arsenal to Barcelona) 25m
8. Arjen Robben (Chelsea to Real Madrid) 25m
9. Nicolas Anelka (Arsenal to Real) - 22.3m