• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixel art is mostly shit cause it can be a cheap way around not having a budget. But some games man...

VzX2dEc.gif

PKLK2hN.jpg

Not to forget Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

noal

Banned
Cheers

I'm on their TV but my parents aren't, and they'd be the account-holders.

Might be easier to cancel my sub, get them on the full package, and get Multiroom. Not sure what'd happen to the dish if I did that though

Sky have never bothered with the dishes or the boxes. Sometimes if installing they will use your old one or replace it. When I moved house I just ripped it down myself.

Salvadora

Other clubs do it. Not sure why we never seem to be able to pull it off. The kid seems good enough to at least be backup on our team.
Do they?

I'm trying to think of a large team from England buying a completely unknown South American for that kind of money and coming up blank.

Oscar, for example, was very highly rated (and already involved with the national set-up iirc).

omgkitty

Do they?

I'm trying to think of a large team from England buying a completely unknown South American for that kind of money and coming up blank.

Oscar, for example, was very highly rated (and already involved with the national set-up iirc).

But I feel like if we spent that much they'd have to give us a work permit. Obviously we wouldn't be fucking around.

LTWheels

Been getting back into Titanfall. Haven't played it for months, but been quite fun jumping into a few games between World Cup matches.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Giff me online stream FIFA!!

World Cup hates people without a TV subscription.

tumblr_mrzcstOB3U1so5x99o1_250.gif

edit: nvm fixed

Salvadora

But I feel like if we spent that much they'd have to give us a work permit. Obviously we wouldn't be fucking around.
I believe the circumstances a work permit is given is if he's had a set number of appearances in the national team or, he has 'exceptional talent.'

I'm not sure how they determine the later, but I can't imagine they are very lenient as there seem to be very few examples of it happening.

I believe the circumstances in a work permit is given is if he's had a set number of appearances in the national team or, he has 'exceptional talent.'

I'm not sure how they determine the later, but I can't imagine they are very lenient as there seem to be very few examples of it happening.

Yeah, our work permit guys don't piss about with this stuff. If the player you're after doesn't check the necessary boxes, he's not getting a permit, no matter how promising he is. We spent ages getting Mark Gonzalez and Sebastian Leto as we struggled to get them permits.

I believe the circumstances a work permit is given is if he's had a set number of appearances in the national team or, he has 'exceptional talent.'

According to where omgkitty got that tweet, the kid is going to apply for dual citizenship in Italy, so a work permit wouldn't come into it.

The Jorge Mendes thing makes this pretty interesting though, lol.

That national team appearances rule is a bit bullshit, as over 30% of the people given work permit doesn't have that. Also the FA has a "football expert panel" that more or less controls that crap.

Wilbur

Banned
Costa looks good under Simeone, in a direct counter attacking side. He will look good under Mourinho, in a direct counter attacking side. So will Fabregas. Spain are only set up to make midgets look good

Salvadora

That national team appearances rule is a bit bullshit, as over 30% of the people given work permit doesn't have that. Also the FA has a "football expert panel" that more or less controls that crap.
In all likelihood, it's mostly political.

I believe Wenger had to make an appearance for Ryo's hearing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Didn't look like he tripped at all.

Looked like he saw an opportunity and took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom