• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Gotta say, I'm sad to see Matri go. Scored some great goals for us over the years, always gave it all, never complained. Alas, he doesn't fit Conte's idea of a striker. Grazie di tutto, Alessandro! <3

GorillaJu

Seems ass-backward to me that Liverpool are prioritizing Ilori over Sakho. A 20 year old who isn't even getting games for Sporting CP, vs. a 23 year old who has years of experience and used to captain his team.

I can only hope that the scouting team and Rodgers see something in Ilori that I don't.

FootballFan

With the supercopa win vs Atletico(thanks to Neymar), Xavi became the most successful Spanish footballer of all time. His 25th major cup in his GOAT career.

#Respect

#Legend

subtles

Seems ass-backward to me that Liverpool are prioritizing Ilori over Sakho. A 20 year old who isn't even getting games for Sporting CP, vs. a 23 year old who has years of experience and used to captain his team.

I can only hope that the scouting team and Rodgers see something in Ilori that I don't.

Pace. I'm assuming they believe his pace will allow us to play a proper high line with proper pressing.

FootballFan

The combined awesomeness of Matri + Kaka + Astori + Honda will crush you like the bugs you are.

Even if they do(which they won't), we'll still make it out of the group and probably face them again, where remuntada magic will happen.

Have fun vs Madrid, watch out for that Illarramendi guy, at the price he cost he will surely be a huge threat to you guys or any other team.

Talent isn't going to become better while we have no reason to make it better. The Premier League makes fucking oodles of money, if a rule came in that forced teams to have a minimum amount of British players, more money would be spent on those British players being good enough to fill the teams up.

There are certainly some good changes going on at the youth level. I'm not sure if Fergie got his wish regarding the amount of time the coaches have with the youth though.

Also, this season The FA has made the following changes:
1. New 5v5 format for U7s and U8s
2. New 9v9 format for U11s and U12s
3. Very short seasons

The players will get to have more time on the ball with this new format so they can increase their technical skill. The shortened seasons place less emphasis on winning at all costs as well.

Still you are right about a forced amount of British players and its effect. It will force them to invest more on the youth.

FootballFan

Whatever. It's all about La Decima this season anyway. 10th Coppa Italia, here we comeee!

FrjVVXQ.jpg

My controlling desire is to get Giggs off the fucking teamsheet.

My hands fucking shake when he's picked.

I am with you. Giggs getting more play time than Kagawa is sad.

I read somewhere Everton rejected our latest combined bid for Baines and Fellani. Not sure why we are bidding so low though.

omgkitty

Arsenal target Real trio: The Gunners want to spend £70 million on Benzema, Ozil and Di Maria in a bid to rescue what the Daily Mail terms a "botched transfer window". The paper reports that Arsenal have opened talks with the Spanish club over the three players and have "received encouragement", meaning that all three could arrive at the Emirates by the transfer deadline on Monday.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-arsenal-blow-70m-real-014520255.html

Don't get my hopes up you fuckers!

omgkitty

70 millions barely enough for Di María and Ozil. Let alone plus Benzema.

We are talking about a team that needs to recoup 100m so obviously they wouldn't go for "market value." The hard fact is I don't think any of them want to join us. Money definitely not an issue here.

Timurid

Sakho is quick as well, mind.

Though Ilori is allegedly proper rapid. Beat Ronaldo's sprinting record and all that...

Sakho has all the abilities to be a great defender in the Premier league. He is fast, strong, and a can head balls pretty well. His only downside is his piss poor attitude and his decision making needs to be work on. If somehow Brenden gets him to change his attitude and improve his decision making then you'll have a good defender, but until then good luck.

Koko

Banned
We are talking about a team that needs to recoup 100m so obviously they wouldn't go for "market value." The hard fact is I don't think any of them want to join us. Money definitely not an issue here.

We are talking about a team Florentino who doesn't give a shit about a money and would certainly not let his lost son (Benz) go for nothing.

Facism

You seem to have a thing for gyms, Facism. That's how I imagine you look like by now.

c0abc-pain-and-gain-movie.jpg

Should be renamed to "PED and Gain"

I mostly do cardio. Only weights if i haven't got the energy for an hour of HIIT across the treadmill, bike, rower and x-trainer.

hiroshawn

Banned
Should be renamed to "PED and Gain"

I mostly do cardio. Only weights if i haven't got the energy for an hour of HIIT across the treadmill, bike, rower and x-trainer.

You can do cardio outside for free? Why pay to go to a gym? If you spend $800 and by a road bike. not only will it be great cardio, it will also take you places.

Facism

You can do cardio outside for free? Why pay to go to a gym? If you spend $800 and by a road bike. not only will it be great cardio, it will also take you places.

Prefer a gym. The weather is shit here 9 out of 12 months. The drivers are also shit here, so i wouldn't risk my fine, ivanovic ass on the roads :p My gym membership nets me classes, pool, sauna, stuff i use.

The only outdoor cardio i enjoy is team sport like football. I play 3 times a week.

GorillaJu

What is your opinion on girls who queef after sex? I generally feel like some forgiveness on that front is the least you can give after you pump their vag full of air.

Am I wrong?

hiroshawn

Banned
Prefer a gym. The weather is shit here 9 out of 12 months. The drivers are also shit here, so i wouldn't risk my fine, ivanovic ass on the roads :p My gym membership nets me classes, pool, sauna, stuff i use.

The only outdoor cardio i enjoy is team sport like football. I play 3 times a week.

fair enough. I love my road bike though, but i live almost in the country.

GorillaJu

You're never wrong. I gotta find myself a bi girlfriend too.

She doesn't have to be bi, just willing to mess around a bit.

I think most sexuality is on a continuous scale and that nobody is completely straight or completely gay in a finite sense. Girls are given a lot more forgiveness for straying off the path. I'd never experiment because then I'd be "gay" for life.

&#8364;30m for Herrera isn't lowballing at all, in fact if that is genuine bid I'm quite surprised we've even gone that high.

If we pay &#8364;36m for him that makes him our record signing at £30.1m.

He is a good player from what i've seen of him but I don't think he's a £30m player. I won't complain, wonderful style of play and the type of player we need but I personally find it hard to believe us offering that kind of money or even the £26m we're reported to have bid.

Perhaps we could have avoided paying the current inflated market prices if we'd developed (and held onto) young midfield talent of our own but it just hasn't happened over the past several years. This summer or next, we're going to have to spend big to bring in the right midfielder(s). Don't see the point in quibbling over a couple of million.

bjaelke

GorillaJu

So we bid 36 mil for the pair?

Why are we wasting time?

You're getting closer. I think 40m – 14 for Baines and 26 for Fellaini is probably where they should be valued at.

Herrera for 30m isn't terrible. Sometimes you just have to pay up for the player you want, like City did with Fernandinho.

You're getting closer. I think 40m – 14 for Baines and 26 for Fellaini is probably where they should be valued at.

Herrera for 30m isn't terrible. Sometimes you just have to pay up for the player you want, like City did with Fernandinho.

Yeah I think we will end up getting both of them in the end.

I can't say I know a great deal about Herrera, but I do agree that sometimes you do just have to pay up.

Now is not the time to be quibbling over a couple of mil we don't have that luxury.

Suen

Has Shinji been released from Moyes prison yet? Come to Arse Shinji-bro. You will play all the time, and be loved and appreciated by us.

#ShinjiArse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom