• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

cromofo

PSV 0 Osijek 1

Fantastic result! Bravo Osijek!

Croatian clubs doing very good in CL and EL qualifiers

Salzburg 1 Rijeka 1 yesterday

cromofo

RAWK locked Coutinho and Can threads among transfer rumours and forbid Coutinho discussion in the main thread. Not to mention demanding no less than 150-200m for him lmao.

Tells you all. Mods acting like ITKs and shit. North Korea.

RAWK Meltdown thread on RedCafe is always a nice read. But still, ArsenalFanTV is the best entertainment there is.

Yeah we won 1-0. Not an easy match by the way.

Craiova surprised me and if Donnarumma doesn't make that save early on it could've been a much different game. I'll take a W but the team needs to play better. I can't wait to have the whole squad together and see what they can do.

sammex

RAWK locked Coutinho and Can threads among transfer rumours and forbid Coutinho discussion in the main thread. Not to mention demanding no less than 150-200m for him lmao.

Tells you all. Mods acting like ITKs and shit. North Korea.

RAWK Meltdown thread on RedCafe is always a nice read. But still, ArsenalFanTV is the best entertainment there is.

Shouldn't you be watching the Ev struggle against the mighty Ruzomberok instead of browsing Liverpool forums?

Full house at Goodison. £15 a ticket. Not an empty seat to be seen. Fans must be excited to see Rooney back in blue...

DFxBDCwXsAA81Lr.jpg

Loris146

Craiova surprised me and if Donnarumma doesn't make that save early on it could've been a much different game. I'll take a W but the team needs to play better. I can't wait to have the whole squad together and see what they can do.

Yeah. Gigio has the potential to become the number 1 in the world. Anyway really difficult match. Can't wait to see Biglia , Bonucci , Suso , Hakan in the field at the same time. Hope we get a top tier striker too.

cromofo

Shouldn't you be watching the Ev struggle against the mighty Ruzomberok instead of browsing Liverpool forums?

Full house at Goodison. £15 a ticket. Not an empty seat to be seen. Fans must be excited to see Rooney back in blue...

I don't browse the Liverpool forum, I browse the RAWK meltdown thread. That's as close I'll get to the RS.

We've been pretty shit against Ruzemberok, but still won so idc.

The empty seats are because of construction work, all available seats were sold out.

Nice try tho.

CrayToes

Mans in here admitting he trawls through a Man Utd forum looking for posts about Liverpool while talking about delusion. Typical bitter.

cromofo

Mans in here admitting he trawls through a Man Utd forum looking for posts about Liverpool while talking about delusion. Typical bitter.

The same way I watch ArsenalFanTV.

Entertainment.

And it's not really trawling, I know how to use Google. It's a thread, you're on a forum, are you 70 years old?

sammex

I don't browse the Liverpool forum, I browse the RAWK meltdown thread. That's as close I'll get to the RS.

We've been pretty shit against Ruzemberok, but still won so idc.

The empty seats are because of construction work, all available seats were sold out.

Nice try tho.

You don't go Liverpool forums but you go on Man United ones? To read about Liverpool fans? Makes sense.

Didn't know about the construction. Still easy to sell out reduced capacity at £15 I suppose.

cromofo

You don't go Liverpool forums but you go on Man United ones? To read about Liverpool fans? Makes sense.

Didn't know about the construction. Still easy to sell out reduced capacity at £15 I suppose.

I visit a lot of forums recently to learn about transfer activities of other clubs, especially the ones whose players we're interested in, to get their take on them.

The RAWK meltdown thread on RedCafe is famous and exceeds the boundaries of just a ManUtd forum thread.

Purely for entertainment like ArsenalFanTV, or cringe videos.

I visit a lot of forums recently to learn about transfer activities of other clubs, especially the ones whose players we're interested in, to get their take on them.

The RAWK meltdown thread on RedCafe is famous and exceeds the boundaries of just a ManUtd forum thread.

Purely for entertainment like ArsenalFanTV, or cringe videos.

So basically you don't have a life, you just go to forums to troll. Talk about cringey.

Wow putting the gobshite in kopite there.

Nah just speaking the truth. I don't see why a person would waste their time going on forums of teams they don't support. I don't even post in the Liverpool official forums even though I am a paying member. I watch a lot of football matches but I don't go to those teams forums. I only really read Liverpool articles. This is the only forum I come to where its a mix of supporters. I mean if you hate a team so much why even bother visiting their forums or fan sites. Just doesn't make sense to me. There isn't enough time in the day.

cromofo

Nah just speaking the truth. I don't see why a person would waste their time going on forums of teams they don't support. I don't even post in the Liverpool official forums even though I am a paying member. I watch a lot of football matches but I don't go to those teams forums. I only really read Liverpool articles. This is the only forum I come to where its a mix of supporters. I mean if you hate a team so much why even bother visiting their forums or fan sites. Just doesn't make sense to me. There isn't enough time in the day.

Not really tho are you?

First you say I troll as if I actually post on other forums and now that I visit Liverpool's sites which I don't.

The actual amount I spend on other forums is close to 10 minutes of going for example to Sigurdsson's thread on the Swansea forum to read about him since we're most likely signing him. Isn't that what a fan would do? Do you watch a video comp of a new signing? Same thing.

As for Liverpool, I don't like the club nor their fans, there's nothing more than fan banter. Meanwhile your first response was getting personal with me. Says a lot.

edit: Why I'm even bothering...

Good night, I have a lot of no-lifing to do early morning.

emma-stone-awkward-face-gif.gif

Well I'm liking the intensity. Season's gonna be a bloodbath if tensions are this high already!

Popping over to other boards to quietly enjoy schadenfreude is one of the fun parts of the internet. Just got to not get too salty when it's your turn. Or get more obsessed with another team than your own.

dhlt25

so does anyone know if there's a service that will stream the premier league? I've looked at fox soccer 2 go and fubotv or whatever and doesn't look like they will have it. Even the sport package on PS Vue and slingbox etc. don't really list soccer. It's all NFL nonsense

Jarnet87

so does anyone know if there's a service that will stream the premier league? I've looked at fox soccer 2 go and fubotv or whatever and doesn't look like they will have it. Even the sport package on PS Vue and slingbox etc. don't really list soccer. It's all NFL nonsense

i want to say NBC Sports extra since they took over coverage of the prem let you watch all of the games on nbc sports extra so long as you logged in under a cable subscription, but it looks like they introduced some nonsense $50 package this coming season. It will have certain games only available to be streamed, and then some games will still only be on their TV channels. Basically you need cable and the service to catch all your teams games lol. I don't remember this being brought up when it was announced

edit: If in the US:

NBC has the premier league rights so as long as you have whatever cable package, you were able to stream matches on their website and mobile app. I think they're doing some fuckery soon where we're gonna have to pay more to get to watch matches.

dhlt25

edit: If in the US:

NBC has the premier league rights so as long as you have whatever cable package, you were able to stream matches on their website and mobile app. I think they're doing some fuckery soon where we're gonna have to pay more to get to watch matches.

damn ok. I was hoping i don't have to get cable to stream what with all the online TV thing and stuff. kinda junk non of these online tv service cater to soccer fan

tim.mbp

fubo has it (NBC & NBCSN) as part of their premier plan.

El Topo

Totally out of the loop. How excited are we for next season, fellow Bayern fans? I think I heard we signed James Rodriguez?

DBT85

The redcafe forum gets a ton of traffic from fans other than those of United. While it's primarily a united board there's loads there to just talk about all football.

The city and pool meltdown threads are funny, it is what it is. It's aftv in written form.

All just bants about a bunch of overpaid pretty boys running around a field trying to but the bag of air in the net. Just a game. No need to get personal. You cunts.

Whycantwebefriends.gif

Devil

Totally out of the loop. How excited are we for next season, fellow Bayern fans? I think I heard we signed James Rodriguez?

As exciting as a fifth consecutive Meisterschaft can be, lol. (Edit: sixth, I can't even count them anymore, haha)

I'm not a 100% convinced in our squad but we'll have to wait and see how some of them will do. Especially James, Tolisso, Kimmich as our main RB. I'm confused that we didn't buy a single true winger but sold one with Costa. James and Coman are our only solutions for inevitable Ribery and Robben injuries. But James qualities shine more in the centre.

I don't know what we got Gnabry, Süle and Rudy for.

Sanchez would have been perfect but too expensive and it will probably not happen.

Syder

Ashley Fletcher has completed a move to Championship side Middlesbrough for a fee of £6.5m

We've robbed them blind here. He's shown flashes of quality here and there, and I hope he does well in a lower league, but he's really not shown enough for a 21 year old.

Neymar is really happening isn't it?
Probably not.
Yeah, put a sock in it. We're all gonna slag off each other's teams - and our own - no need for everyone
Liverpool fans
to be so precious.
giphy.gif

This community has been purged so many times. It would be nice if it didn't happen again.

sammex

The redcafe forum gets a ton of traffic from fans other than those of United. While it's primarily a united board there's loads there to just talk about all football.

The city and pool meltdown threads are funny, it is what it is. It's aftv in written form.

All just bants about a bunch of overpaid pretty boys running around a field trying to but the bag of air in the net. Just a game. No need to get personal. You cunts.

Whycantwebefriends.gif

Yeah of course. I'm well aware of Red Cafe, I've been a member of Rawk for about 14 years, was just trying to give cromofo a little poke about chatting about us whilst his side are playing live, then it all went off the deep end :eek:

Man I love Sturridge. I'd love to see him be given a full season, I think he would be challenging for the Golden Boot.

He's perfect as a rotation player, would love Klopp to use him against more closed teams, and then our Mane Firmino Salah front three for the team destroying performances we're capable of against more open teams.

He's perfect as a rotation player, would love Klopp to use him against more closed teams, and then our Mane Firmino Salah front three for the team destroying performances we're capable of against more open teams.

Would love to see 2 strikers against smaller teams at Anfield and maybe in some games away. Worked really well towards the end of the most recent season.

CrayToes

Would love to see 2 strikers against smaller teams at Anfield and maybe in some games away. Worked really well towards the end of the most recent season.

Yeah, I think a 4-1-3-2 could work really well with Mane, Salah and Phil sat behind Sturridge and Bobby. A lot of work for Hendo in the deep role though.

TimmmV

Sturridge's little burst of form at the end of last season, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any speculation about him atm makes me think that Klopp has plans for him this season.

Hopefully the reports about him being at his fittest for years are true too, because he could work really well with Mane/Salah/Firminho/Coutinho.

DBT85

Man I love Sturridge. I'd love to see him be given a full season, I think he would be challenging for the Golden Boot.
He'd probably get a full season if he wasn't always injured.

Said it before, if he went a full season uninjured Pool would do really well as a result as he's got it in him to do great things, but then someone else would finally think he's not broken and come in for him.

Otherwise, he does well when he's not injured, but its not enough to really help you or interest other clubs.

For his sake I hope he has a good year.

TimmmV

Some Southampton ITK is apparently saying that VvD to Liverpool has been done

Still not sure if want. Hopefully Beefy is a better judge of a player than I am!

T-Rex.

Banned

Still not sure if want. Hopefully Beefy is a better judge of a player than I am!
Why? He's an absolute monster at dealing with aerial balls, the kind we routinely flap at and concede very silly goals from. I think he's exactly what we need tbh. Don't really care about the fee when you look at £50m for being quoted for Sigurdsson etc.

Beefy

Monk isn't ITK anymore

He has got a dick head as a agent now, so you will have to put up with that. Also been open with team mates for months about wanting to leave, so doesn't care about squad harmony.

On the field he is brilliant, but sometimes gets way too chilled and relaxed.

Top Bottom