• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

casiopao

Rooting for Juve so Napoli gets 2nd #awkward

Well, i do like Napoli much more vs Roma lol.^^ Roma, Roma'ing had been boring.T_T

I don't even think that Roma had it takes to stand on Europe seeing their mentality.

While Napoli if they don't meet RM early, i can still see them surviving in UCL there.^^

Imagine 2 team from Italy where one is Juventus with Powerful defence and Napoli with reverse Tiki Taka lol.^^(Sarri favorite phrase for his tactics.)

Jarnet87

Mou joked about bringing Nicky Butt to Crystal Palace and playing with kids in the last game. I would have rather we did that for these last 3 games because our performance is a joke, zero effort out there.

Kyoufu

Man Utd are so bad. This season in general has been really poor for the premier league. Clearly the missing ingredient has been Newcastle United.

Audioboxer

6th place it will be for United. I wonder whether United fans are happy with their season if they win the Europa League.

Decided to do work, glad I ditched the game. Knew it would be chucked.

Mou has 1 more transfer window to offload all the junk players and those just there to pick up salaries. We need multiple signings and multiple exits. I'll be annoyed if the summer is just chasing "big name shadows". Right now the squad players aren't good enough either. Martial also has 1 more season if Mou doesn't sell him. Terrible season for him. Lingard getting a new contract was a joke. He turns up 1 out of 10 games. I bet it was just because he's an English player and to keep Pogba happy.

Given the dice he's now rolled winning the EL and getting Champions League, successful season. Failing to win and no, the season is yet another bogey. It's that tight. Put it this way, if the players turn up for the final like they have in the league Ajax will be laughing.

TeddyBoy

Man Utd are so bad. This season in general has been really poor for the premier league. Clearly the missing ingredient has been Newcastle United.

giphy.gif

And their manager ;)

Syder

'Really poor' is massive hyperbole.

Following Leicester, this year was always going to be a step-down but pound-for-pound, week-in, week-out it's still the most entertaining league.

casiopao

Following Leicester, this year was always going to be a step-down but pound-for-pound, week-in, week-out it's still the most entertaining league.

If you are only counting for points i would agree. But the quality of play....i am not really sure though.^^ I mean Serie A also had tons of entertaining match every week. Hell, this week alone we already had quite a number of fun match.^^

Viola 3-2 Lazio
Atlanta 1-1 Milan
Neroverdi 2-1 Inter
Napoli 5-0 Torino

All is super entertaining match.^^

Now lets hope that Bianconeri can celebrate scudetto today.^^

Kyoufu

I don't think it's hyperbole tbh. Man Utd went 25 games unbeaten and actually regressed in league position since the start of their run. West Brom are 8th and had only won once since February. It's been dire for clubs not named Chelsea or Tottenham IMO.

Liverpool have been the most disappointing team for me. They started with dynamite football but then dropped off with a poor start to the year, and yet they're still 3rd. Looking forward to seeing where Klopp can take them when they're more consistent.

DBT85

6th place it will be for United. I wonder whether United fans are happy with their season if they win the Europa League.

Having watched nearly every game, seen how we've battered some teams and not been able to finish chances, not looked like getting beat all that often, having one of the best defensive records (not defences mind) in the top 5 European leagues, looked at the numbers and seen that a couple of goals in those games we drew and we'd be much better off, yeah I'll take 6th and 2 trophies and CL quali. It's better than 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and fuck all.

6th and no Europa would suck since had we not been fishing to get to the final we might have made 4th, but that's the predicament you find yourself in for doing well. It's on Jose to pick the right signings in the summer and arrange the right departures and I'm already looking forward to next season with everyone being back in some kind of European competition again and so having more games to play.

C_zflToXcAIvR3-.jpg:large

Let's hope we can do better against so called lesser sides in the future.

I saw a stat from someone, may have been Opta? That said against the Top 6 you were as good as us (Chelsea, and that table shows you were better this season) and against the rest of the division you were as good as West Brom, kind of a big contrast

T-Rex.

Banned
Next season should be exciting. Klopp's been talking all week about moving Coutinho into midfield next season, so we could potentially see a Hendo/Can, Lallana, Coutinho midfield with Mane, Firmino + another winger up top.

I saw a stat from someone, may have been Opta? That said against the Top 6 you were as good as us (Chelsea, and that table shows you were better this season) and against the rest of the division you were as good as West Brom, kind of a big contrast

I believe it! Sadly it's been like chalk and cheese in that sense.

Next season should be exciting. Klopp's been talking all week about moving Coutinho into midfield next season, so we could potentially see a Hendo/Can, Lallana, Coutinho midfield with Mane, Firmino + another winger up top.

Good to hear, he's pretty ineffective on the wing.

Syder

If you are only counting for points i would agree. But the quality of play....i am not really sure though.^^ I mean Serie A also had tons of entertaining match every week. Hell, this week alone we already had quite a number of fun match.^^
I'm not talking about quality. Just pure entertainment.

Top Bottom