• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Klopps in game management is so poor at times. Losing an AM is no excuse for losing 4-0. Embarrassing.

We set ourselves up to attack with Firmino-Salah-Mane, with Mane sent off and already down to 10, we were fucked.

I'm only really annoyed we conceded a second before half time, that really killed the game. Otherwise we could have played for draw if we'd have got a lucky goal.

GHG

Yeah that doesn't really answer my query though.

Players get sent off without making contact. If you jump in with two feet, studs up, but don't make contact, it's a red card. Why? Endangering an opponent. As per the rules state.

You all agreed that Bellerin endangered the opponent, so why is he not sent off too.

The bolded is intent. It's important to be able to make the distinction.

MikeBison

What would have endangered him more? Kicking him in the head, or not kicking him in the head?

Take your time.

Ok so are you telling me that the rules aren't correct? Everyone agreed that both are cases of endangering a player.

So you that's not the rule then? You have to reach a level on endangerment not defined by the rules?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not yet, but it's just the beginning of the season and things gotten already pretty rough.

What if Arsenal starts playing well now that Ox left?

I'll be elated. I can see it happening too, he was dire.

Walcott needs rid of too.

With all of this talk of dangerously high boots: I'm always curious when bicycle kicks in crowded penalty boxes are given a pass. It seems like half the time I see them they get whistled for a foul, and the other half end in wondergoals that the ref doesn't dare wave off. Seems like it would always be 'dangerous'. *shrug*

Because its only considered a high boot when its a 50:50. A bicycle kick is done when clear in space, if they boot a person in the head its usually a card.

slider

'The Great Purge'

We dont talk about it. 🤐

There was an earlier purge too. Some of the diehards started their own forum. I can't remember their names now though.

I posted there for a while but there weren't enough "so, I've just had a shit and..." threads there.

Arsenal Bournemouth... It's gonna be a tight one. Reckon Welbeck to score the only goal and it leaves everyone feeling confused. The definition of bittersweet.

Yeah that doesn't really answer my query though.

Players get sent off without making contact. If you jump in with two feet, studs up, but don't make contact, it's a red card. Why? Endangering an opponent. As per the rules state.

You all agreed that Bellerin endangered the opponent, so why is he not sent off too.

Because refs have room for interpretation, that's why rules in England are enforced differently than in Spain or Italy.

Certain actions are contingent on consequence, not all refs will discipline high boots because it's high boots.

Salah continued and scored a goal, the consequence of Bellerin's action was far less than Mané. Completely different situations.

I have been begging for Walcott to finally get his transfer to Liverpool years, but now that I have zero confidence in our ability or intentions to adequately replace him...

King_Moc

Banned
Ok so are you telling me that the rules aren't correct? Everyone agreed that both are cases of endangering a player.

So you that's not the rule then? You have to reach a level on endangerment not defined by the rules?

A high boot new a player isn't a red card, it's a yellow (and an indirect free). Kicking someone in the face is.

And not everything is fully defined in the rules. A lot of it is left up to the ref to decide.

MikeBison

A high boot new a player isn't a red card, it's a yellow (and an indirect free). Kicking someone in the face is.

And not everything is fully defined in the rules. A lot of it is left up to the ref to decide.

But the ref's decide differently every single week. Usually differently within the same game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I was around in the first purge but I barely posted tbh, it was right at the start of me joining

Zasa

Mamma Mia Sané, really hope we get to see him on the right more this season. His Schalke days cutting in on his left foot >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom