• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

"The chant falsely suggests Morata does not like Jewish people using derogatory language."

I bet they haven't even asked him. He might actually hate them.

Empty

"The chant falsely suggests Morata does not like Jewish people using derogatory language."

I bet they haven't even asked him. He might actually hate them.

nah he only hates them when their language isn't polite or respectful. this is very important for alvaro morata.

Do you think it's racist when Spurs fans are chanting yid army, despite having no real connection to the Jewish people at all anymore?

Of course it is and that is something Tottenham have tried to tackle but it certainly doesn't make it ok for others to reference them in that manner because they do it. But it is nothing compared to the infamous racism that comes from the hardliner Chelsea fans. Jut read up on the headhunters and no other top flight team even comes close with their fans connections to white supremacist groups in the manner they do.

So Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool have now had their early season crises. United kind of had one, sort of.

This mean's it's City's year. Year of the Pep. Before he triumphantly returns to Barca.

Audioboxer

Chelsea condemns anti-Semitic song about Morata by own fans

Fuck off with shit you idiots

kdQnPfl.gif

Empty

So it looks like some La Liga games are going to be played outside of Spain. That should be interesting.

spanish teams in european competition have needed nerfing for a while. making them travel to and from asia a few times a season is a decent start.

EmiPrime

Germany’s stand on ‘despicable’ fans puts silent England to shame

Löw had just seen his team win 2-1 against the Czech Republic in Prague, maintaining an immaculate record in their World Cup qualifying group, but when he arrived for his press conference, face like thunder, the questions about his team’s performance had to wait. “I am neither upset nor sad,” he began. “I am full of rage, that explains my feelings better. I am really, really angry about this – that some so-called fans have used the stage of an international football match, and the stage of football, to bring shame on our country with their embarrassing behaviour and appearance. We don’t want these anarchists. We are not their national team and they are not our fans. Their behaviour was the lowest of the low and utterly despicable.”

It isn’t usual to hear a manager speak this way but, then again, these weren’t usual circumstances. A section of Germany’s support had disrupted a minute’s silence, abused one of their own players, Timo Werner, and followed up the traditional chants of “Sieg” (victory) towards the end of the game with an echoed “Heil”. It was an abomination and, at the final whistle, something happened that the people who follow die Mannschaft tell me they have never seen before. Germany’s players refused to go to the away end. They didn’t wave, there was no clapping, zero appreciation. It was a choreographed protest, a public disavowal and a clear, defiant message that they didn’t want any association.

For that, the players deserve our applause and Mats Hummels, in particular, as the captain who directed his team-mates off the pitch and made it absolutely clear it was a time to make a stand. “The chants were a catastrophe,” Hummels said later. “They started during the minute’s silence, which shows you the kind of people we’re dealing with. Timo Werner was insulted and ridiculed. Then the fans started shouting that shit. We distance ourselves completely from it and want nothing to do with it. And that’s why we didn’t go [to them].”

Bravo.

Klopp's reasoning was that Lovren played more international games than Klavan. Take into consideration Lovren played like 20 mins of an abandoned game as well.

Well a tired Lovren would have played better than Klavan played today. And poor Matip making mistakes because he had to cover for Klavan crappy mistakes. And I like Salah but seriously dude needs to start putting away these chances. We should have been up 3-0 before they scored the first goal.

lewy criticizes bayern spending. Dig it. Stop bullshitting and spend money. No reason for Bayern not to sign Sanchez in January so he can play in CL instead of him going to City. Spread the wallet and get on it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn Ederson got kicked in the face? :eek:

Top Bottom