• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

According to some Liverpool fans Ederson ran into Mane's foot.

He shouldn't have got in the way of the majestic Mane.

mane deserved red and the way liverpool got oblitarated after the red card shows that liverpool is not that good. Godppo should come back to BVB,

mane deserved red and the way liverpool got oblitarated after the red card shows that liverpool is not that good. Godppo should come back to BVB,

The decision of Klopp to take off Salah was really strange. He was the person getting the ball into the final third the vast majority of the time. No idea what Klopp was thinking as it got rid of any attacking opportunity for them.

But even without Mané sent off I still think Liverpool would have lost, though probably wouldn't have been a clean sheet. The balls from Silva and KdB were destroying their mid and defence. Mané didn't really contribute much to preventing this and Liverpool were having to do a lot of work when going forward and everything that came in looked comfortable for the line and keeper.

The decision of Klopp to take off Salah was really strange. He was the person getting the ball into the final third the vast majority of the time. No idea what Klopp was thinking as it got rid of any attacking opportunity for them.

But even without Mané sent off I still think Liverpool would have lost, though probably wouldn't have been a clean sheet. The balls from Silva and KdB were destroying their mid and defence. Mané didn't really contribute much to preventing this and Liverpool were having to do a lot of work when going forward and everything that came in looked comfortable for the line and keeper.

i dont know before the red card liverpool did have some really good chances in particular from mane and salah... the game was close up until that point. but hey if you get a red card you gotta cut your losses or go all out.. liverpool did nothing of that.

Empty

Has Jose always been this sour or was I just looking through blue glasses when he was our coach.

personality-wise he's been awful since he came back to england, completely charmless. he was v entertaining in his first spell at chelsea and at inter.

his experience of the politics in madrid ruining him is a great shout.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
personality-wise he's been awful since he came back to england, completely charmless. he was v entertaining in his first spell at chelsea and at inter.

Another reason to hate La Liga

Luckily most Belgian top teams got knocked out of Europe already so there are some cool games on today.

All other fixtures in Europe look complete trash.

I'd actually say that his mood change came exactly in-line with his fathers ill health and eventual death.
When he came back to england he was a little more sour but not so bad at first, when he began to take so many trips back to see his father and family it clearly was taking it's tole on him.
In my opinion it was the main reason for chelsea's problems in the second half of the season when winning the title and especially the teams atmosphere following their title win, when mou is in one of his moods i can't imagine it's good for the team as a whole as his original personality is what helped his teams to success.

miserable

he was used to having his way when pulling shit in the clubs management plus the media dickriding him in Britain and Italy, then he got a wake-up call in Spain. boo-hoo

I'd make a joke about how dead it is, but after the fucking mess going on in the last OT that was happening this time yesterday, I'll take the quiet contentment.

And lol, yeah CP haven't scored yet.

Syder

I'd make a joke about how dead it is, but after the fucking mess going on in the last OT that was happening this time yesterday, I'll take the quiet contentment.

And lol, yeah CP haven't scored yet.
If the level of discourse is going to be that terrible every time something bad happens to Liverpool this season this thread isn't going to be long for this world.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If the level of discourse is going to be that terrible every time something bad happens to Liverpool this season this thread isn't going to be long for this world.

We need to cull the Liverpool fans

7M1gKme.gif

Palace will score next week against Saints

Are you a Saints fan? I've watched a few of their games this year and I'm struggling to understand what's happened to their goal scoring. Austin, Long, Gabiadinni, Redmond, Tadic isn't the best in the league but for the goals to dry up entirely is amazing really. League Cup final defeat hangover? New manager not getting the best out of them? Unlucky?

I don't get it.

Beefy

Are you a Saints fan? I've watched a few of their games this year and I'm struggling to understand what's happened to their goal scoring. Austin, Long, Gabiadinni, Redmond, Tadic isn't the best in the league but for the goals to dry up entirely is amazing really. League Cup final defeat hangover? New manager not getting the best out of them? Unlucky?

I don't get it.

Under Puel our link up play, specially with the midfield 3 ( we play 4-2-3-1) was totally gone, apart from the odd game here and there. We are still trying to change that under Pellegrino, but it isn't working atm. There isn't anything wrong with our strikers, they just don't get the ball enough. They end up getting like 2 or 3 chances max a game. Most of our chances come from outside the box.

It's why we lost yesterday. Hardly any attacking play and our defence couldn't take the pressure of having to make zero mistakes. That and Forster is shit.

Top Bottom