• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

tim.mbp

giphy.gif

azyless

Marseille is so awful. Tactically and defensively terrible. Happy for Rennes and Gourcuff though, and looking forward to another egomaniac insta post from Evra.
ddd.gif

There's was no contact for one

If there was it would've been a red

Who gives a flying fuck if there was no contact. The point was that it was "reckless" and could have "endangered" the player's life. That's exactly what the rules state.

And for your information there was contact.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who gives a flying fuck if there was no contact. The point was that it was "reckless" and could have "endangered" the player's life. That's exactly what the rules state.

And for your information there was contact.
Barely any contact at all. It was never going to be a red, Manes was because he kicked a player in the face, regardless of intent. It's actually bewildering how Liverpool fans can't grasp that.

Barely any contact at all. It was never going to be a red, Manes was because he kicked a player in the face, regardless of intent. It's actually bewildering how Liverpool fans can't grasp that.

No you can't grasp the rules. Learn to read. Contact or no contact doesn't change the fact it was a reckless challenge either way. And it isn't only Liverpool fans questioning why he wasn't sent off.

Lashley

No you can't grasp the rules. Learn to read. Contact or no contact doesn't change the fact it was a reckless challenge either way.
I can read fine, sadly this means I've had to read Liverpool fans whining on all day today and yesterday about it.

When have we ever seen a high foot like that with no contact ever be anything but a yellow?

I can read fine, sadly this means I've had to read Liverpool fans whining on all day today and yesterday about it.

When have we ever seen a high foot like that with no contact ever be anything but a yellow?

No obviously you can't read. And if you didn't want to read my post, you could have easily ignored it and moved along and not reply to it.

So Matt Ritchie did the exact same thing Mane did but yet he only got a yellow ...alrighty then.

TELEMMGLPICT000140015342_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqBeqIOnDgc-xOWlrPLUWfGlv4COVd6ClGEPuK81TFVRw.jpeg

He was very lucky not to get a red. Ref probably saw it as dangerous play rather than serious foul play because the pace of play was completely different. Because people don't seem to know the rules of footy here you go:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

"A player [...] can be sent off and shown the red card if he: 1. Is guilty of serious foul play. [...]"

Serious foul play is defined by: "A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against and opponent when challenging for a ball when its in play.
- Using excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is danger of injuring his opponent

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

In every single definition of a 50:50 head height challenge that was classed as serious foul play. Mané fucked up his timing at full pace, was late to the challenge and got a deserved red. Imagine if that was Stones doing that to Mané when going for a header at the same speed.

He was very lucky not to get a red. Ref probably saw it as dangerous play rather than serious foul play because the pace of play was completely different. Because people don't seem to know the rules of footy here you go:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

"A player [...] can be sent off and shown the red card if he: 1. Is guilty of serious foul play. [...]"

Serious foul play is defined by: "A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against and opponent when challenging for a ball when its in play.
- Using excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is danger of injuring his opponent

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

In every single definition of a 50:50 head height challenge that was classed as serious foul play. Mané fucked up his timing at full pace, was late to the challenge and got a deserved red. Imagine if that was Stones doing that to Mané when going for a header at the same speed.

Except Mane didn't go in for a challenge. He went for the ball and Ederson was the one who came off his line and charged towards him. Red card or not, my point isn't if he deserved a red card or not. My point is Matt Ritchie basically did the same thing except he was aware of the player was around him. By the looks of it Mane wasn't even aware Ederson was off his line.

Except Mane didn't go in for a challenge. He went for the ball and Ederson was the one who came off his line and charged towards Mane.

What the fuck are you on. Its a 50:50 challenge. Mane has no right for the ball both players are playing the ball, both are challenging for the ball. Ederson got there first.

Liverpool fans in not dealing well with criticism shocker.

I imagine there is loads of "Ederson head butted Manes foot, why didn't he get sent off?????" fanfic going around on twitter and certain forums.

What the fuck are you on. Its a 50:50 challenge. Mane has no right for the ball both players are playing the ball, both are challenging for the ball. Ederson got there first.

What the fuck are you on about? I never fucking said Mane had the right for the ball. Learn to fucking read.

Lashley

How about you watch the video again, that doesn't look like 50/50 to me. You're the delusional one.

Dude how about you stfu, no one said it was a conspiracy.

How about you shut up, how about that?

Mane deserved the red, it won't change. Ritchie's wasn't a red, that won't change.

Who the fuck cares, move on.

How about you shut up, how about that?

Mane deserved the red, it won't change. Ritchie's wasn't a red, that won't change.

Who the fuck cares, move on.

How about you fucking stfu and ignore my post and move on then. You don't like what I say fucking ignore it then. Easy as that.

How about you watch the video again, that doesn't look like 50/50 to me. You're the delusional one.

Dude how about you stfu, no one said it was a conspiracy.

Are you trolling or just stupid?

A 50-50 challenge is a tackle when two players both go for the ball at the same time.

What else in this world could that have possible been? Please enlighten us with your wisdom.

uyA0b2E.gif

Anyyyway, lets get hyped for the CL next week!
I need to wash the taste of that city match out of my mouth

Spurs v. Dortmund and Leipzig v. Monaco should be tasty. Barca v. Juve as well fucking hell.

A troll then. Thought so. you have failed to give a single response besides childish copy talk, certainly haven't clarified what that was if it wasn't a 50:50.

Copy talk? Also how about you watch the video properly? Also my original post had nothing to with whether he deserved a red card or not and had to do why Ritchie didn't get a red card himself when eh did the exact same thing and in his case he 1. he was aware of the player around him and he didn't even look like he was going for the ball.

Empty

maybe liverpool fans should spend less time moaning about red cards for kicking a player in a head and more time wondering why their team completely capitulated after going a man down and lacked any ability to react to the match situation, as losing a player to a red (whether merited or not) is something that will happen a few times every season to every side.

Copy talk? Also how about you watch the video properly? Also my original post had nothing to with whether he deserved a red card or not and had to do why Ritchie didn't get a red card himself when eh did the exact same thing and in his case he 1. he was aware of the player around him and he didn't even look like he was going for the ball.

Yeah overhit long ball comes overhead towards Mane, Ederson is outside the box on the first bounce running towards the ball, Mané is chasing after the ball at full pace, he hasn't had contact and isn't in control. Ederson gets to the ball before Mané clearing it with his head, Mane jumps to try get the ball with his leg outstretched but is too late and studs go into Edersons face. So tell me how is that not a 50:50?

On the bounce it clearly shows that Mané is aware of Ederson flying out. Otherwise why would he go for such a high risk form of control that usually causes the ball to be over hit or causes his run to falter. But that doesn't have anything to do with it not being a challenge or him being sent off.

maybe liverpool fans should spend less time moaning about red cards for kicking a player in a head and more time wondering why their team completely capitulated after going a man down and lacked any ability to react to the match situation, as losing a player to a red (whether merited or not) is something that will happen a few times every season to every side.

To an attacking player no less. An influential defender, a la Koscielny, I can kind of understand. But when an attacking player gets sent off and the defence still capitulates, well then there is clearly an issue.

NHale

This thread isn't going to be alive a lot longer, is it? People really forget this is still NeoGAF and you are still obliged to follow the rules of the forum?

Because the kind of insults and shameful words being used to attack other users since yesterday, are just asking for trouble if a mod happens to enter this thread...

To an attacking player no less. An influential defender, a la Koscielny, I can kind of understand. But when an attacking player gets sent off and the defence still capitulates, well then there is clearly an issue.

I should watch some analysis more but did Liverpool try to make up for the dismissal by pushing forward more? Sane’s goal at the end tells me the midfielders were tired to cover. Klopps style of press from everywhere (there’s a german word for this) must be extremely hard to do with a man down.

Or it was the curse of the Ox ;)

casiopao

Haha. If this blatant red is already ruining Pool fans, i wonder what will rustle their jimmies if they got kicked out of UCL lol.

Just ignore them lol. And discuss on what u think of upcoming Juventus vs Barca lol. Are ur guys team ready for us? I am afraid of getting battered lol.

With this, Juventus, Napoli and Inter had all 3 wins. Feel that this year is going to be damn close race here.

I should watch some analysis more but did Liverpool try to make up for the dismissal by pushing forward more? Sane’s goal at the end tells me the midfielders were tired to cover. Klopps style of press from everywhere (there’s a german word for this) must be extremely hard to do with a man down.

Or it was the curse of the Ox ;)

I have to say, I hated Klopp's tactics after we were a man down. The 3 at the back with only henderson and can/milner in the midfield to cover was a bad idea against city who have such a good midfield.

Just ignore them lol. And discuss on what u think of upcoming Juventus vs Barca lol. Are ur guys team ready for us? I am afraid of getting battered lol.

I just feel that juve are going to batter barca. Still not convinced by them devensively or even in the midfield to be honest

Top Bottom