• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

casiopao

I just feel that juve are going to batter barca. Still not convinced by them devensively or even in the midfield to be honest

Did not Barca just win 5-0? Juventus is actually had quite a pinch as there are tons of injuries hitting us right now.

Chiellini is down, Alex Sandro is under influenza, Mandzukic having a small knock, Khedira and Marchisio is also ruled out of the match due to Injury.

And this time, we are coming to Camp Nou so it is going to be scary for Juventus here.

Did not Barca just win 5-0? Juventus is actually had quite a pinch as there are tons of injuries hitting us right now.

Chiellini is down, Alex Sandro is under influenza, Mandzukic having a small knock, Khedira and Marchisio is also ruled out of the match due to Injury.

And this time, we are coming to Camp Nou so it is going to be scary for Juventus here.

They did win 5-0 but it was against espanyol who weren't playing well imo (Barca could have even won by more).

I didn't know so many key people were injured for juve though. That definitely sounds like it could be a problem.

Edit: I still think juve can win though. They still have good depth and I always thought that their organisation and tactics are pretty good. As I said, barca still haven't convinced me as yet. Maybe as the season progresses they'll get better but right now they aren't strong enough to winning.

Also want them to lose cause I hate them now

Expecting something like a 2-2 draw tbh.

casiopao

Expecting something like a 2-2 draw tbh.

I would love that score in Camp Noe for how many injuries we are having right now lol.

They did win 5-0 but it was against espanyol who weren't playing well imo (Barca could have even won by more).

I didn't know so many key people were injured for juve though. That definitely sounds like it could be a problem.

Edit: I still think juve can win though. They still have good depth and I always thought that their organisation and tactics are pretty good. As I said, barca still haven't convinced me as yet. Maybe as the season progresses they'll get better but right now they aren't strong enough to winning.

Also want them to lose cause I hate them now

Actually we do have the depth if u ask me.

We have Douglas Costa, Bernadeschi, Howedes, De Sciglio, Matuidi and Bentacur all ready as depth.... the problem is, Howedes and De Sciglio havent even played yet lol. Putting them head on vs Barcelona as the first match is going to be insane for Allegri.

I can see,

Buffon

Howedes/Barzagli-Rugani-Benatia-Alex Sandro/Asamoah

Pjanic-Matuidi-Dybala

Mandzukic/Bernadeschi-Douglas Costa

Higuain

Not our best line up so i can only hope for the best lol.

Juventus need more transfer next season too to add for our not so good depth.

Need Hernandez to pick up 2 points for me to win fantasy this week. Having to rely on West Ham to not be shit is like hoping Trump will read a book.

GHG

Gold Member
Guys we need to talk about high feet where the studs are showing.

Is it really a red card? Maybe it's only a red card if it's a Liverpool player? I don't know anymore.

yagal

Marseille is so awful. Tactically and defensively terrible. Happy for Rennes and Gourcuff though, and looking forward to another egomaniac insta post from Evra.
ddd.gif

OM players are old, slow and bad. Rudi Garcia was clueless, I'm starting to think that he is not up to the task. This shitshow is even more depressing when you look at how good PSG is doing.
Paris, Paris on t'encule

Jerry

So hyped for Champions league this season. Getting to see Dortmund and Real Madrid at Wembley will be great, cant wait for Wednesday.

Last time Spurs had a group we weren't expected to get out of we beat the reigning champions and finished top of the group.

People are writing us off but we have loads more experience and loads more depth off the bench this season. Could be special.

RocknRola

So hyped for Champions league this season. Getting to see Dortmund and Real Madrid at Wembley will be great, cant wait for Wednesday.

Last time Spurs had a group we weren't expected to get out of we beat the reigning champions and finished top of the group.

People are writing us off but we have loads more experience and loads more depth off the bench this season. Could be special.

Hope it goes well, though as per usual RM + Barça + Bayern will more likely than not make 3/4 of the semi-finalists.

They may not perform great in their leagues (mostly RM in this instance), but they're tailored for the CL. It's crazy.

pbsapeer

Banned
Don't usually have days off in the week but just happened to put BBC1 on and bloody Dion Dublin is presenting homes under the hammer. Whaaaaaat

Jerry

Hope it goes well, though as per usual RM + Barça + Bayern will more likely than not make 3/4 of the semi-finalists.

They may not perform great in their leagues (mostly RM in this instance), but they're tailored for the CL. It's crazy.

Yeah, I would be happy with quarter finals tbh and OK with just getting out the group this year. Either is an improvement.

NHale

Frank De Boer has apparently been sacked.

4 games. 4 fucking games. Jesus Christ.

So dumb. A manager sacked after a good performance away from home in the last game where players missed open goals and conceding a goal because of a dumb mistake from one player. Surely manager is to blame for all that.

Anyone that watched yesterday game can't blame that defeat on the manager.

Looks to be only gambling companies talking about it on Twitter so far. Maybe he hasn't yet been sacked?

Edit - SSN reporting now. Roy Hodgson favourite to take over. lol

Palace are idiots.

For hiring him? Perhaps.

For sacking him, if it becomes apparent that it's not working, no.

De Boer created a mess by insisting on a formation we didn't have players for, played too many players out of position, forced a revolution of playstyle instead of the evolution he himself promised, and in most things just undermined the confidence players, staff and board had for him.

I would blame Steve Parish for the hiring, but not the sacking. We looked better yesterday, but that seems to have a change based on pressure, rather then a willingness to adapt.

It of course looks ridiculous to sack someone after four games, but that included 2 home games that were completely shambolic, against weak opponents, with no signs of anything at all working.

back to playing hoofball to Benteke

Instead of what was shown earlier this season? Yes please.

la_briola

Rummenigge: ‘Lewandowski was also unhappy with the pre-season tour we had in Asia but he should remember that Real Madrid, the club he dreams of playing for, spent 24 days travelling with hot weather, that’s much more than what we did in the summer.’

FC Hollywood <3

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
For hiring him? Perhaps.

De Boer created a mess by insisting on a formation we didn't have players for, played too many players out of position, forced a revolution of playstyle instead of the evolution he himself promised, and in most things just undermined the confidence players, staff and board had for him.

I would blame Steve Parish for the hiring, but not the sacking. We looked better yesterday, but that seems to have a change based on pressure, rather then a willingness to adapt.

It of course looks ridiculous to sack someone after four games, but that included 2 home games that were completely shambolic, against weak opponents, with no signs of anything at all working.

Instead of what was shown earlier this season? Yes please.
Why hire him then? You knew his style

I'm sure Hodgson will be a good fit

Moobabe

For hiring him? Perhaps.

To the bolded - then why wasn't this stuff in place before he arrived? Why hire someone who they are familiar with his wants and style of play, then don't have anything in place to support that when he arrives?

Then his methods, tactics and training become a shock to the players?

Poor planning :/

Why hire him then? You knew his style

I'm sure Hodgson will be a good fit

What was his style then? At Ajax he played 4-3-3, and on Palace he insisted on 3-4-3 in all but his last game (where we played 4-2-3-1 and looked much better).

In all of his interviews where he talked about what he was going to achieve, he talked about changing through evolution, not revolution, and being flexible about formations. In all but his last game he was anything but flexible, and forced the formation change despite us not having a squad for it (shown by how many players that was played out of position, many with extremely poor result).

If he said the same thing to the boad as he said in public, and they saw what we saw, then he sold one version of himself in the interviews, and delivered another one.

When that happens, then a quick change again is pretty inevitable.

To the bolded - then why wasn't this stuff in place before he arrived? Why hire someone who they are familiar with his wants and style of play, then don't have anything in place to support that when he arrives?

Then his methods, tactics and training become a shock to the players?

Poor planning :/

The squad we had was not news to him, nor was anything else about the club. Steve Parish said that in the first interview, that De Boer had did that homework. As for the rest, see answer above.

Top Bottom