• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

arimanius

I've been having the most fun with conquerer tbh.. In dominion I tend to babysit control points. I do pretty well fending off attackers or at least surviving long enough to prolong the loss or wait for help to come.

Conquerer with heal on block is a monster for controlling points.

Mugaaz

Man, there is nothing more satisfying than getting matched up vs someone who is much better than you, cheesing a win, then having them spew their glorious salt.

Burt

Just ordered. My copy will be here in a few hours.

Any tips?

hold-onto-your-butts.gif

Do the advanced practice to figure out the timings for parrying, how to external block, counter guardbreak, etc.

Find 2 or 3 classes to focus on, rather than unlocking all of them.

Try to save boxes and steel for boxes until you hit prestige 1 with a class so that you're rolling in a better gear pool.

And remember

Inskipp

Almost Rep 3 with Kensei. Is there a gear tier above purple, or is it safe to spend my salvage on upping purple gear?

Inskipp

When you hit Rep 3 you want to spend all your ressources on gear, because then maxlvl (18?) gear drops :)
Do you get those drops from scavenger crates or from post-game drops? I was under the assumption that Rep 3 nets you purple gear from scavenger crates.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Digging into the Conqueror. Really enjoying the heavy charge up, baiting enemies into attacking then parrying & smashing them with the charged up attack.

Except when they decide to run away and I waste all my stamina. Is there a way to cancel out of the charge attack anyone knows of?

Digging into the Conqueror. Really enjoying the heavy charge up, baiting enemies into attacking then parrying & smashing them with the charged up attack.

Except when they decide to run away and I waste all my stamina. Is there a way to cancel out of the charge attack anyone knows of?

Should be Circle(PS4) or B(Xbone).

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Should be Circle(PS4) or B(Xbone).
Cool, thanks. I'll give it a go.

While I'm here: anyone in the UK on PS4 unable to access any other languages than English and Russian? I bought my copy from Amazon, and remember the open beta letting me switch to usual EFIGS languages but the full game only has English/Russian and nothing else.

It's not a huge deal, but I kinda want German VA for Reasons and I'm a bit miffed it doesn't let me.

Marvel

could never
Lol, people just running off in Elimination/Brawl to gank only to still lose. Rarely do my opponents just start it via the 1v1.

Awful.

Rep 3 with Kenzie! :O Have any tips? Trying him today and it's pretty frustrating.

Play from mid range, and feint heavy attacks into light attacks. Sometimes whiff the first 2 swings of your combo from range to bait your opponent in, then let the third side heavy swing rip for an uninterruptible attack.

To be decent with Kensei you gotta be able to condition your opponent and get in their head.

ARGH! A Dominion match abruptly ended with an error right as I got level 4 renown for the "get 350 renown in a single match" quest, so I didn't get it! Thankfully it just took a couple more games to finish that quest.

Played about 10 hours since launch, Conqueror is my favorite class so far, I just love knocking people down with a shield bash, winding up the flail and blocking attacks. Me and my brother team up to do 2v2 duels and those get pretty intense sometimes.

My big Berserker guide will be up today! Text only for now, but I'm planning to do recordings and webms to display tech soon.

I look forward to it! Berserker is a class I'd like to learn, only I think I need to map dodge to a shoulder button--my thumb isn't fast enough to hit A while I'm switching stances during the infinite combo.

What else are you going to spend Steel on exactly?

Right now I spend steel on upgrading weapons and scavenger packs. I've got a boatload of steel, so I'm not exactly spending it willy-nilly. When I lose my champion status, I'd probably use it to get back the champion status--I say maybe, because right now I think it's not really worth getting.

What stats are you guys focusing on?

Defence and throw distance. I play warlord so his throw is huge already.

I fight people away from ledges so they are less worried about the guard break, if I catch them I run them off the edge. The throw range is so rediculous people don't expect it.

Mugaaz

Defence and throw distance. I play warlord so is throw us rediculous already.

I fight people away from ledges so they are less worried about the guard break, if I catch them I run them off the edge. The throw range is so rediculous people don't expect it.

Isn't throw range the range of your grab, not how far you push?

Dunno what they were thinking with splitting daily orders and contract orders by PvP and PvAI. Nobody wants to play Players vs. AI beyond their first couple matches. That's fucking dumb.

Had a 3v1 Elimination in our favor against a nobushi, we were giving him the courtesy of fighting us one at a time (which he probably would have won tbh), but he immediately ran to a bridge to try and cheese us with knockoffs (which one guy fell for) so my friend decided to do the one thing cheesier and called the warden's mortar thing killing him instantly. That nobushi left some tears in the chat boi.

1v1 and 2v2 are ton of fun but all the 4v4 modes are a total mess. Not because the game modes themselves are bad, I enjoy them, but the connection issues are unacceptable. Every now and then I'll have a good game but most of the time it lags like crazy or constantly stops to synchronize. Is it possible to have p2p for the 1v1 and 2v2 modes but have dedicated servers for 4v4? Did any game in the past have both types of networking systems in one?

This game doesn't have p2p in the standard sense of how you would think it is implemented.

There isn't a host that all other players connect and communicate to for synchronisation. You are basically broadcasting everything you do to every single player, and they do the same thing, but nobody is waiting for answers back; all player information just runs through a synchronised simulation, this means that all connections are basically 1 on 1 connections.
So if you are "lagging", it's not because of a laggy host (because the host doesn't exist), but because of your connection to the player, or vice versa.

Personally, I've had zero laggy games since the first technical test; the "synchronising" state only pops up if someone drops that happened to be the "session host" (this player doesn't host the game, they host the invite and handshake information).

Dunno what they were thinking with splitting daily orders and contract orders by PvP and PvAI. Nobody wants to play Players vs. AI beyond their first couple matches. That's fucking dumb.

I dont assign the vs. AI even after I complete the vs. Player orders. Hopefully they see people ignoring them and get rid of them

Welp. I was terrible online. Lost every duel. So many characters on screen that it's times hard to see which way to block.

Spend time with Bot LvL2 and once you have that down go to Bot LvL3. Once you can "hold your own" against the LvL3 Bot online will be a piece of cake until you reach the higher MMR.

Marvel

could never
Welp. I was terrible online. Lost every duel. So many characters on screen that it's times hard to see which way to block.
You'll get used to knowing which sides to block, I went into this game blind not having played the beta's got my ass kicked for a few days brutally. But it gets easier.

Try 2v2's and 1v1's. As others said, other modes are chaos.

Stat!

Played this game for a while. Played it in the beta. Not sure how this game could be considered balanced whatsoever. Unblockable attacks not landing, guards not landing, guard breaking is well, completely broken. Most matches are who could throw other person off edge.

Trying to have fun and my win percentage in duels is pretty decent but man, its tough having "fun" when most of my losses and wins feel kinda cheap as opposed to any skill.

Top Bottom