• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

Braag

52ayraa.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this.

Anyone find it better playing with out indicators when fighting. Seems easier to counter based on stance an animation.

I think i need to get in the habit of doing this because as a Nobushi I am always get caught in a chain of attacks where the opponent alternates stances between each strike.

I see the indicator push in the direction but am always too late, etc etc.

So what does it mean for rankings and records when someone leaves before the match officially ends in a duel?

Because I've just had this happen twice in a row. Is it essentially counting as bot kills?

Eric WK

So what does it mean for rankings and records when someone leaves before the match officially ends in a duel?

Because I've just had this happen twice in a row. Is it essentially counting as bot kills?

Records already take into account matches vs. AI.

For the purposes of contracts, if you enter a PvP match and an enemy gets replaced by a bot it still counts as a PvP kill and a PvP match.

This game is horrendous in 4v4, which is basically most of the game. Yuck. Buyer's remorse after two hours.

So glad I rented it. I thought it looked like a lot of fun. It's just a mess. Gameplay, menus, server issues, the time it takes to get into a match despite the lack of any skill/gear matching. I'm sure the people who enjoy the one on one modes are having a better time.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm at an 87% win rate in Dominion.

Game is fun but damn I keep wrecking people.

Only gets funky with the servers when people start rage quitting. They need to implement a punishment system for leavers.

Marvel

could never
The disconnections during matches are getting infuriating. Cant level up like this.
I had this problem for a while, seems to have really cleared up now. Can play all modes and rarely drop.

Only advice I can give (may not even work) powerdown and unplug all of your internet gear. Leave it off for a couple hours. It was probably just a coincidence but you never know, fixed things for me.

Records already take into account matches vs. AI.

For the purposes of contracts, if you enter a PvP match and an enemy gets replaced by a bot it still counts as a PvP kill and a PvP match.

ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Hmm wasn't expecting that. Nice. So what's the point of quitting right after the final kill? Just rage? Or does it save their record somehow even though you get the PVP win?

Dubz

My game started crashing on Ps4. This plus a lot of disconnects has me really soured on the experience. The game is great when it works so hopefully they sort it out.

EDIT: what mp mode nets the most points the fastest?

Marvel

could never
Awesome looking kensei blade there! I just got rep 2, would have been 4 by now had I not messed around with everyone for trophies.

Alric

I just found out on the first post if you quote it you can see other peoples Uplay accounts. People should start adding theirs. There is only 3 of us on there so far.

Frozone

So the bots in this game are fucking SAVAGE!

They're harder to beat than at least 80% of the humans I play against.

Also, am I the only one still making Kensei? I love that guy right now, he's a really well balanced mix.

Yep. I don't even need to go MP. The Bots are ridiculous. I set up a 99 round match and I just can't beat that Knight with the mace and shield.

The RPG systems were a mistake. Dominion is my favourite mode but the RPG systems are a huge problem as people equip legendary and epic gear. It's off putting for new players, character experimentation and also offers a number of ridiculous builds that devalue the gameplay mechanics.

I don't want to fight someone who can throw me twice the distance, I don't want to fight someone who can come up behind me and deal half of my health, I don't want to worry about playing new characters because they don't have gear.

I definitely see value in progression systems for promoting long term player engagement, but I don't personally think the current RPG system are the right approach.

I just always be ready to parry left or right, now that I know about that attack I can do it just fine now. The tricky parry I find is when they feint it and change sides... now that sucks.

Is it better to be stationary? I think I made things harder for myself by trying to out spin them as an Orochi lol.

deoee

The RPG systems were a mistake. Dominion is my favourite mode but the RPG systems are a huge problem as people equip legendary and epic gear. It's off putting for new players, character experimentation and also offers a number of ridiculous builds that devalue the gameplay mechanics.

I don't want to fight someone who can throw me twice the distance, I don't want to fight someone who can come up behind me and deal half of my health, I don't want to worry about playing new characters because they don't have gear.

I definitely see value in progression systems for promoting long term player engagement, but I don't personally think the current RPG system are the right approach.

Agree, I would love for the gear to only be cosmetic OR offer the amounts of stat differences from the lower lvl gear.

Mugaaz

Everyone will have maxed gear in 2 weeks, dont see the problem.

Razzorn34

Is it better to be stationary? I think I made things harder for myself by trying to out spin them as an Orochi lol.

If they rely on it often, just be ready to parry it. Step up to them and just wait it out. Use lights to fill the gap. It's a telegraphed move, you should be able to parry it on reaction and punish accordingly. Those assassin sidesteps are good moves when used in the right situations, but easily punished.

Bizazedo

Revenge is silly. I started playing poorly at the end due to laughing so hard, but I must have been involved in the deaths of 9 people due to Revenge / knowing I couldn't be interrupted during Revenge and managing to accidentally Parry people attacking from the side.

Not even gear 108 yet, just low 80's, and the difference is apparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtlikDGzdY

Still, I've been grouped with non-Rep 1 people and we wiped entire groups of Rep 2+ people, so gear isn't *everything*, but still...

Zyrox

Lol just fought someone who made their emblem look like the AI emblem. Totally fooled me. I was like "Dammit why is this bot so good". Only noticed that that wasn't a bot in the final round.

Still, I've been grouped with non-Rep 1 people and we wiped entire groups of Rep 2+ people, so gear isn't *everything*, but still...

Yep. I can lose to anyone who can hit me twice, since I have max gear with 0 defense, traded with full atk and stam instead. Being good is mostly just knowing how to play.

arimanius

Ok I don't know what tier I'm at but everyone falls for the sidestep and light attack from Kenshei. I'm in trouble when they figure it out lol

wrongway

Gear having stats is proving to be an remarkably poor decision. The idea is well-meaning I guess -- plenty of people love progression mechanics. But this system has no place in a game that puts so much emphasis on mechanical skill-based PVP. It's completely unwelcome.

Everyone will have maxed gear in 2 weeks, dont see the problem.

*Everyone who plays 10 hours a day. Those of us who don't play video games like they're a job will be hard pressed to have a single geared character in two weeks. I'm level 12, prestige zero right now, for reference, which is already making dominion a no-fly zone for me.

PepperedHam

What's a bummer is the gear issue extends to all 4v4 modes not just Dominion. Like... Why?!

I love this game a lot, absolutely hooked on it but I've mostly been leveling up through the 1v1 and 2v2 modes because they're 100% based on skill. While it's true that you can definitely take down a higher geared player with skill it doesn't make the issue any less frustrating. The sight of the match up screen alone can be demoralizing for players to see. It's like PvPing in vanilla WoW wearing dungeon blues while up against someone in Grand Marshal stuff.

wrongway

Lol orochi players. Dude's on the winning side of a 3v1, I poke him once, and he rolls away and runs back across the map to heal. Same guy later runs up and stabs me from behind when I'm fighting his buddy. I push his buddy off a ledge, hit the orochi, and he rolls out and runs away. Finally I catch the guy alone, I parry two of his attacks and he alt-f4's.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If they rely on it often, just be ready to parry it. Step up to them and just wait it out. Use lights to fill the gap. It's a telegraphed move, you should be able to parry it on reaction and punish accordingly. Those assassin sidesteps are good moves when used in the right situations, but easily punished.

K I'll give it a shot thanks!

Arttemis

I really think the gear system is pretty questionable. I like visual customization, but altering stats is dangerous territory for a game already riddled with microtransactions.

I wonder what the chances are that they make a separate playlist for gear and without. I love dominion but the gear stuff is completely uninteresting to me. It's what eventually put me off from Destiny and it'll keep me from messing with dominion in this. I don't find the grind fun at all.

Top Bottom