• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the first time ever Xbox 360 tops PS3/Wii in Yearly global sales (14.9/14.1/10.3)

That's not true, there are people who bring their opinions on the winning console, they'll talk about how much they enjoy it and glad it's winning, which is cool. This discussion is actually relevant to the thread and different from a complete topic change.

As for the rest of the post, if they're are people that read so much into these posts try do dismiss legitimate opinions as damage control or being salty, which I have already seen many times in the thread, than that just tells me they just don't like seeing those kind of opinions, most likely because they don't agree with them.

it's more because they're sick of seeing people try to change the subject away from the sales figures in the OP. go back through as many sales threads as you can care to read, for as long back as you want to go, and you'll hopefully see what i mean.

again, that means you're getting slapped in the face for stuff you maybe didn't do, but that's why i'm trying to explain the reaction. it doesn't make anyone angry that Sony make lots of great exclusive games, i don't think. is it your fault a procession of dicks already came through here chanting the same things and making everyone sick of hearing about it?

no, of course not. but does 'people don't want to hear the PS3 has great exclusives' really sound more plausible to you than 'people don't want to keep hearing the same off topic shit in sales thread after sales thread'?

it's more because they're sick of seeing people try to change the subject away from the sales figures in the OP. go back through as many sales threads as you can care to read, for as long back as you want to go, and you'll hopefully see what i mean.

again, that means you're getting slapped in the face for stuff you maybe didn't do, but that's why i'm trying to explain the reaction. it doesn't make anyone angry that Sony make lots of great exclusive games, i don't think. is it your fault a procession of dicks already came through here chanting the same things and making everyone sick of hearing about it?

no, of course not. but does 'people don't want to hear the PS3 has great exclusives' really sound more plausible to you than 'people don't want to keep hearing the same off topic shit in sales thread after sales thread'?

Like Derrick said, what would these people like the thread to be, 5 pages of pats on the back, talking about how great they are? To be honest I don't care much what some people want the thread to be about and if they're cool or not with how the thread turned out.

And this is less about what the Ps3 is doing and about wanting MS to do better software wise.

Well either they work or have died and Microsoft has replaced them.
It would be interesting to note the number of people whose 360 died right after the 3 year warranty died and never ended up getting a second console. I'd wager that number is probably really small.

Overall though, Microsoft has probably had to make around 20-25 million extra 360 as replacements. That's what cost them those billions in writing off the RROD issue.

Highly doubt that. RRoD was at its prime in 2007/2008. There were 30-40 millions 360's out there at that time. Not only that, but Microsoft didn't always fully replace the faulty consoles, refubrishment was enough.

damn that's nice

Major nelson tweeted this

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/xbox-3...witter&utm_campaign=Feed:+geekwire+(GeekWire)

9dkWO.jpg

microsoft yall

szaromir

Banned
If your not happy, discuss your feelings if you feel like it, it is a forum after all.
For what purpose? If Sony don't publish games I'm interested in, I'll go looking for them elsewhere, it's not like there's dearth of video game content on the market. I don't need to demand from Sony to suit my taste if they don't like my money.

Like Derrick said, what would these people like the thread to be, 5 pages of pats on the back, talking about how great they are? To be honest I don't care much what some people want the thread to be about and if they're cool or not with how the thread turned out.

And this is less about what the Ps3 is doing and about wanting MS to do better software wise.

a discussion of sales perhaps? perhaps debating what drove sales. perhaps debating why MS outperformed their competitors and what their competitors could do to rectify things, rather than saying something like 'i don't like them so they don't deserve it' or 'if you think about it, they didn't really win because of x, y, z'.

people saying 'good for MS, i like my 360,' aren't adding anything to the conversation, but they aren't detracting from it either. if Sony sell best this year, and you come into a 2012 yearly sales thread and say 'good for Sony' no one will jump up your butt for that reason.

Highly doubt that. RRoD was at its prime in 2007/2008. There were 30-40 millions 360's out there at that time. Not only that, but Microsoft didn't always fully replace the faulty consoles, refubrishment was enough.

furthermore, it doesn't even matter. RRoD didn't stop the 360's growth, and it didn't stunt software sales.

it doesn't matter if half the 360 sales are people rebuying them cause their old one broke. the brand clearly wasn't permanently damaged by it (since it has done it's biggest years POST RRoD) and the attach rates are still better than the PS3 and the Wii.

so it's completely pointless to go on about it, because sales are up and the 360 has the best attach rate. you can't say a resale doesn't count, because anyone who rebought the system, thought it was worth rebuying, and thought it was good to keep buying software for the system at a higher rate than your average PS3 or Wii owner. there's nothing articifical about that at all.

For what purpose? If Sony don't publish games I'm interested in, I'll go looking for them elsewhere, it's not like there's dearth of video game content on the market. I don't need to demand from Sony to suit my taste if they don't like my money.
Okay, like I said if you feel like it talk about it, but you don't and that's fine, but don't be surprised if others do though.
a discussion of sales perhaps? perhaps debating what drove sales. perhaps debating why MS outperformed their competitors and what their competitors could do to rectify things, rather than saying something like 'i don't like them so they don't deserve it' or 'if you think about it, they didn't really win because of x, y, z'.

people saying 'good for MS, i like my 360,' aren't adding anything to the conversation, but they aren't detracting from it either. if Sony sell best this year, and you come into a 2012 yearly sales thread and say 'good for Sony' no one will jump up your butt for that reason.
Well, they can still talk about that, multiple conversations go on in one thread all the time.

tranciful

there is room for opinion in sales threads, but it's funny how it's usually never people cheering on the winning console that bring them into the thread. there's a bit of a history of that happening at gaf, whichever system fans we're talking about.

it's sort of like bringing discussion of other regions sales in threads that are focussed on a different region. whatever the intention, and however genuine you may be, people will think you are damage controlling the sales news, because they've seen it done so many times in the past.

when you post something like 'yeah well, i don't care cause Sony has better exclusives!' it makes it sound like you do care about sales, even if you don't. it makes it seem like you are upset about the sales, even if you aren't.

when some other group is getting beaten up financially, it'll be people who like that group posting those kind of statements in a thread like this. just wait until 'you prefered team' is winning and you'll get your day of fun looking rational and not having people second guess everything you type.

and you'll see that i'm not a Microsoft fanboy, because i'll be laughing at the fanboys in any thread.

as ever it's harder to spot the fanboys of the 'team' that's winning in sales, because facts coincidentally line up with their preferred version of reality. you have to wait for the facts to contradict it before they're easy to spot.

So you're really that oblivious to your own posting habits, huh

EGM1966

Great final quarter for MS, although the victory was more one of timing looking at that chart - i.e. MS pulled of a big holiday quarter when the Wii is fading fast. Past Wii peaks all look above the 360 in that chart.

Still, MS can't be blamed for Wii fading the earliest leaving them to pick up the top spot during holiday season.

Well, they can still talk about that, multiple conversations go on in one thread all the time.
hmmn? you asked what i'd rather we talk about. whatever man. obviously the best place for your opinion that Microsoft isn't catering their system to you is a thread about global sales in 2012.

it's never come up in a thread where it was vaguely on topic, i'm sure.

So you're really that oblivious to your own posting habits, huh

accusations are great aren't they? you don't even have to back them up or anything. was it your horse i kicked?

fernoca

If it has relation to the topic at hand, of course.
But on a "2011 sales thread" to talk about :"I didn't played the 360 a lot", "It doesn't have game that targeted to me", "the other has better exclusives", are just cheap shots usually coming from one side; to then hide behind the whole "oh anyone that quotes me is a blind fanboy, which proves my point".

hmmn? you asked what i'd rather we talk about. whatever man. obviously the best place for your opinion that Microsoft isn't catering their system to you is a thread about global sales in 2012.

it's never come up in a thread where it was vaguely on topic, i'm sure.
There's that catering comment again, Making it seem like I need them to have specific qualities only for me to be happy, a few more core games a year isn't that unreasonable I don't think, in fact I know that.

Anyway you and a couple others don't like it and prefer those comments were never in this thread, I understand, you'll have to deal with it though.
If it has relation to the topic at hand, of course.
But on a "2011 sales thread" to talk about :"I didn't played the 360 a lot", "It doesn't have game that targeted to me", "the other has better exclusives", are just cheap shots usually coming from one side; to then hide behind the whole "oh anyone that quotes me is a blind fanboy, which proves my point".
All I can tell you is those are the opinions that came out in a debate started from a couple comments, it's not like I came into the thread, saying those random things.

There's that catering comment again, Making it seem like I need them to have specific qualities only for me to be happy, a few more core games a year isn't that unreasonable I don't think, in fact I know that.

Anyway you and a couple others don't like it and prefer those comments were never in this thread, I understand, you'll have to deal with it though.
i can deal just fine. i was just trying to explain to you why people were attacking you, because i wasn't convinced that you'd come in here to start shit, and i thought you were genuinely confused as to why people were reacting to you the way they were.

but, whatever.

you do want microsoft to cater more to your tastes. i didn't say anything about catering exclusively to you. Microsoft wanted the 360 to appeal to a wider audience. with the core gamers already on board, they turned their first and second party studios to make more casual titles to try and bring in new audiences to their system.

this seems to have worked. if you are a core gamer with an Xbox 360, i struggle to see how you would be unhappy with the slate of core games coming out this year.

i can deal just fine. i was just trying to explain to you why people were attacking you, because i wasn't convinced that you'd come in here to start shit, and i thought you were genuinely confused as to why people were reacting to you the way they were.

but, whatever.

you do want microsoft to cater more to your tastes. i didn't say anything about catering exclusively to you. Microsoft wanted the 360 to appeal to a wider audience. with the core gamers already on board, they turned their first and second party studios to make more casual titles to try and bring in new audiences to their system.

this seems to have worked. if you are a core gamer with an Xbox 360, i struggle to see how you would be unhappy with the slate of core games coming out this year.

I knew why there were a couple people making comments dismissing my posts, and I've said why I thought so before, I'm surprised you thought I was genuinely confused. The reason I'm unhappy is because the Xbox isn't bringing much you can't get anywhere else this year and it's been like this for a couple years and got much worse when Kinect came out, it's mostly multiplats that I can get on other systems. The Witcher 2 is the first game I'm really excited to play and that's for 2 months, and then Halo 4 several months after that.

I get they want to catch a wider audience, but they are not doing a good job at all of catering to both.

jono51

Banned
Out of interest, does anyone know how much it costs MS to build 360's nowadays? I imagine they make a very healthy marginal at their current price. Could probably give a very nice price cut if they plan on launching a successor sometime next year and gather up (even more) brand momentum going into next gen.

szaromir

Banned
The reason I'm unhappy is because the Xbox isn't bringing much you can't get anywhere else this year and it's been like this for a couple years and got much worse when Kinect came out, it's mostly multiplats that I can get on other systems.
But that's not objectively true, which is the biggest problem people have with your posts.

The reason I'm unhappy is because the Xbox isn't bringing much you can't get anywhere else this year and it's been like this for a couple years and got much worse when Kinect came out, it's mostly multiplats that I can get on other systems.

I can agree with this sentiment. I used to primarily play on my 360 and Wii, but both had (relatively) terrible years last year as far as exclusive content goes, and I barely played either as a result. My playtime last year probably looked something close to 3DS>PSP>PC>Android Phone>PS3>Wii>360, but that's nowhere close to my order of preference.

I didn't touch my Wii last year.

I wouldn't have either, if not for Skyward Sword.

EagleEyes

But that's not objectively true, which is the biggest problem people have with your posts.
This this this. I just dont think he gets it. It may not cater to his tastes but obviously the sales say otherwise. I've pointed out exclusive games that aren't kinect so people could see that there are plenty of reasons to own a 360 this year.

This this this. I just dont think he gets it. It may not cater to his tastes but obviously the sales say otherwise. I've pointed out exclusive games that aren't kinect so people could see that there are plenty of reasons to own a 360 this year.
The sales show it's popular no doubt, but I don't see how it shows otherwise to the 360 not catering to my tastes.

I knew why there were a couple people making comments dismissing my posts, and I've said why I thought so before, I'm surprised you thought I was genuinely confused. The reason I'm unhappy is because the Xbox isn't bringing much you can't get anywhere else this year and it's been like this for a couple years and got much worse when Kinect came out, it's mostly multiplats that I can get on other systems. The Witcher 2 is the first game I'm really excited to play and that's for 2 months, and then Halo 4 several months after that.

I get they want to catch a wider audience, but they are not doing a good job at all of catering to both.

they aren't doing a good job of catering to you, but that doesn't mean they are doing a bad job of catering to core gamers and casual gamers though.

that's why what you're saying isn't really relevant to the sales thread. if you were a good representation of the core gamer, the sales figures wouldn't be what they are.

your opinion isn't invalid, but it's insignificant to the discussion of yearly sales. i don't say that to belittle it, but we know what the sales figures are, and this thread is for a discussion of that. i don't find the iPhone remotely appealing and i love my Windows 7 phone. that's a valid opinion, but when it comes to sales of smartphones, my opinion clearly doesn't matter.

that's why i don't crash iPhone threads with all the reasons i think iPhones suck, because clearly, other people feel differently and have different wants and needs. the iPhone doesn't cater to me... but that doesn't have anything to do with it's global sales.

clearly i don't represent the average smartphone buyer. clearly you don't represent the average core gamer.

you go from saying it doesn't cater to core gamer's tastes, to saying it doesn't cater to your tastes. these are evidentally not the same thing.

Basch

I can agree with this sentiment. I used to primarily play on my 360 and Wii, but both had (relatively) terrible years last year as far as exclusive content goes, and I barely played either as a result. My playtime last year probably looked something close to 3DS>PSP>PC>Android Phone>PS3>Wii>360, but that's nowhere close to my order of preference.

My playtime went:

PS3 > 3DS > PSP > 360 ... I didn't touch my Wii last year.

Don't normally comment in these type of threads but soooo this.

Always glad to see someone slam the ps2. It's held as some kind of videogame messiah here but I think it's library, though massive, is awful. And the system's features are pretty much nothing. All three consoles this gen, even the wii, easily destroy it.

Basch

Always glad to see someone slam the ps2. It's held as some kind of videogame messiah here but I think it's library, though massive, is awful. And the system's features are pretty much nothing. All three consoles this gen, even the wii, easily destroy it.

So I take it you didn't play any of these, because I certainly wouldn't call them awful. No, it's definitely the opposite. The PS2 truly was the messiah of gaming, followed by either the SNES (if you include all the games that never made it overseas) or PSOne, then maybe the Sega Genesis:

Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
God of War II
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Dragon Quest VIII
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Jak 3
Jak X
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Sly Cooper the Thievius Raccoonous
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Xenosaga: Episode I
Xenosaga: Episode II
Xenosaga: Episode III
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Suikoden III
Suikoden V
Okami
God Hand
.hack/... GU
Tales of the Abyss
Twisted Metal: Black
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Katamri Damacy
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame III
Onimusha: Warlords
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2

... and that's all just off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing tons. This generation, while not bad, has nothing on the monster that is PS2.

MS certainly did something right. Had a PS1, PS2 during their respective generations and Xbox wasn't even on my radar(especially so because I'm in Europe). Now the 360 is my go to console. I still have a PS 3 but yeah, it's primarily my blu ray player.

2012+ 1st Party ListWarz

Xbox 360
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (NA/EU)
Charlie Murder (NA)
Deadlight (NA/EU)
Diabolical Pitch (JP/NA/EU)
Dungeon Fighter Online (NA/EU)
Dust: An Elysian Tale (NA/EU)
Fable: The Journey (JP/NA/EU)
FEZ (NA/EU)
Fire Pro Wrestling (JP/NA)
Halo 4 (JP/NA/EU)
Happy Action Theater (NA/EU)
Haunt (JP/NA/EU)
Iron Brigade: Rise of the Martian Bear (NA/EU)
Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure (JP/NA/EU)
Kinect Star Wars (JP/NA/EU)
Minecraft (NA/EU)
Project Draco (JP/NA/EU)
RYSE (JP/NA/EU)
Skulls of the Shogun (NA)
Sine Mora (JP/NA/EU)
Trials Evolution (NA)

PlayStation 3
DanceStar Party (NA)
DUST 514 (NA/EU)
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition (JP/NA/EU)
Jak & Daxter HD Collection (JP/NA/EU)
Journey (NA/EU)
MLB 12: The Show (NA)
Move Fitness (NA)
Move Mind Benders (NA)
Papo & Yo (NA)
PlayStation Title Fight (NA)
Ruin (NA/EU)
Sing & Draw (JP/NA)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (NA/EU)
Sorcery (JP/NA/EU)
Starhawk (JP/NA/EU)
The Last Guardian (JP/NA/EU)
The Last of Us (NA/EU)
Tokyo Jungle (JP)
Tower (JP/NA)
Twisted Metal (NA/EU)

Wii
Kiki Trick (JP)
Mario Party 9 (JP/NA/EU)
New Fatal Frame (JP)
Pandora's Tower (EU)
Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond (NA/EU)
Rhythm Heaven Fever (NA/EU)
The Last Story (EU)
Xenoblade Chronicles (NA)

Wii U
LEGO City Stories (NA)
New Super Mario Bros. Mii (NA)
Pikmin 3 (NA)
Super Smash Bros. (NA)

szaromir

Banned
I wholeheartedly agree.

Basch

2012+ 1st Party ListWarz

Xbox 360
Halo 4 (JP/NA/EU)
RYSE (JP/NA/EU)

PlayStation 3
DUST 514 (NA/EU)
Journey (NA/EU)
Sorcery (JP/NA/EU)
Starhawk (JP/NA/EU)
The Last of Us (NA/EU)
Twisted Metal (NA/EU)

Wii
New Fatal Frame (JP)
Pandora's Tower (EU)
The Last Story (EU)

Wii U
Pikmin 3 (NA)

The games I'm interested in for each system.

Also you're missing the portables, which in my honest opinion is more exciting this year than the consoles.

Takao

Banned
Sony and Nintendo rarely bring games that suit my tastes, should I troll their publishing strategy wherever possible? Just think about it.

If you own their hardware I don't see why not. You're entitled to criticize them if you feel they aren't doing a good job supporting something you own.

Though I do have to question how Sony "rarely" brings games that would interest you given they have games in pretty much every single big genre.

PS3 vs 360 is the new Genesis vs SNES.

The PS2 truly was the messiah of gaming

Again, if you loved Japanese games.

If you own their hardware I don't see why not. You're entitled to criticize them if you feel they aren't doing a good job supporting something you own.

Though I do have to question how Sony "rarely" brings games that would interest you given they have games in pretty much every single big genre.

Releasing 10 games a year is not the same as releasing 10 interesting games a year. If I owned a PS3 Resistance wouldn't even be on my radar because there are dozens of FPS better than Sony's first party offerings.

2012+ 1st Party ListWarz

Xbox 360
Charlie Murder (NA)
Deadlight (NA/EU)
Diabolical Pitch (JP/NA/EU)
Dungeon Fighter Online (NA/EU)
Dust: An Elysian Tale (NA/EU)
Fable: The Journey (JP/NA/EU)
FEZ (NA/EU)
Fire Pro Wrestling (JP/NA)
Halo 4 (JP/NA/EU)
Happy Action Theater (NA/EU)
Haunt (JP/NA/EU)
Iron Brigade: Rise of the Martian Bear (NA/EU)
Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure (JP/NA/EU)
Kinect Star Wars (JP/NA/EU)
Minecraft (NA/EU)
Project Draco (JP/NA/EU)
RYSE (JP/NA/EU)
Skulls of the Shogun (NA)
Sine Mora (JP/NA/EU)
Trials Evolution (NA)

PlayStation 3
DanceStar Party (NA)
DUST 514 (NA/EU)
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition (JP/NA/EU)
Journey (NA/EU)
MLB 12: The Show (NA)
Move Fitness (NA)
Move Mind Benders (NA)
Papo & Yo (NA)
Ruin (NA/EU)
Sing & Draw (JP/NA)
Sorcery (JP/NA/EU)
Starhawk (JP/NA/EU)
The Last of Us (NA/EU)

Tokyo Jungle (JP)
Tower (JP/NA)
Twisted Metal (NA/EU)

Wii
Kiki Trick (JP)
Mario Party 9 (JP/NA/EU)
New Fatal Frame (JP)
Pandora's Tower (EU)
Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond (NA/EU)
Rhythm Heaven Fever (NA/EU)
The Last Story (EU)

Wii U
LEGO City Stories (NA)
Pikmin 3 (NA)
Super Smash Bros. (NA)
I was looking for something like this. The bolded are what I'm definitely playing.

But then how will you let the world know that a company that's obviously catering to millions of gamers of all different types and making loads of money in the process should abandon their successful strategy, turn their attention to your specific needs and become more like this other company that's not as successful in covering all the bases, but is far more prone to bleeding money?

goldenpp72

I guess microsoft needs to start doing half hearted HD ports of all their classic IP, since they count in list wars.

Blinx 1/2 HD confirmed

Derrick01

Banned
I guess microsoft needs to start doing half hearted HD ports of all their classic IP, since they count in list wars.

They already did that last year with the halo remake. Half hearted was a good way to describe it too.

and yeah that counted in the list of exclusives too. I certainly saw it enough times.

Dragon

Banned
Again, if you loved Japanese games.

So you're equating games like the Atelier series with games like Shadow of the Colossus? Generalizing is really dumb even among games from a particular country or region. The PS2 had many good western games. Sure an opinion was stated earlier in the thread that the original Xbox had a more diverse library. It's patently false but it's an opinion.

Edit: Not to mention something like Final Fantasy XII which many Western games LOVED.

Releasing 10 games a year is not the same as releasing 10 interesting games a year. If I owned a PS3 Resistance wouldn't even be on my radar because there are dozens of FPS better than Sony's first party offerings.

Resistance has been a solid title in its three instances. I'd compare it well to something like Fable, and I'm doing this despite the fact that I love the Resistance series far more. Fable has tons and tons of flaws, including broken game systems and plot (lol). But at the end of the day they are both fun games. Don't be interested all you want, your personal opinion matters jack shit when comparing game libraries. It's a title that can be compared favorably to lots of other titles out there.

goldenpp72

While i'd not exactly call halo anniversary equal to a new title, it certainly had infinitely more effort put into it than these cheap upscale ports, and keep in mind I own the collections that matter on the ps3 sans god of war (as I hate those), I certainly don't look at them like new releases though. They take old ps2 games and upscale them and jack up the framerate, oh and trophies.

Maybe it's just me, i'll take a graphics overhaul over a generic bump the resolution and framerate and call it a day effort, at least with that method you get something seemingly different visually instead of just cleaner. Things like REmake or conker on xbox are much cooler than anything sony is outputting with these things. I don't mind that they exist for the ones who never got to play them or enthusiast, but it's a pretty cheap way to pad your list considering what they are.

I'm not really trying to defend Microsofts 1st party right now though, they've had a pretty touch and go amount of quality the last couple years, but they seem to pull out enough heavy hitters combined with excellent third party support coupled with xbox live to make it worthwhile to own the thing for most. I think people judging the next xbox based on the way things are this moment are a bit foolish though, it's like saying I won't buy a wii U because nintendo decided to drop wii support in good bulk 2 years before the new system hit, Wii U to have no games?

Another thing worth noting is taste, something people seem to forget exist when having list wars about a console being truly shit. The ps3 has a really diverse lineup of games that looks impressive on paper, but for people like myself who play a wide array of titles on all systems it's still hard to list a ton of exclusives I love for it compared to ones I have on 360, the ps3 just doesn't hit it out of the park for everyone. Infamous is a good series as is ratchet, but resistance is about as generic and dull as any FPS series I can recall, I put it up there with turok on the 360/ps3, truly bland. Twisted metal is a nice revival and the last story will be awesome if it ever releases, but even the most darling series on ps3 like uncharted or god of war, I only see limited value in them. Uncharted is like a great 8.0 series to me that relies too much on drake going WHOA OH to no real danger while solving lamer than resident evil 1 puzzles and doing shooting that while fun enough is not nearly as fun as top tier shooters like RE4 or gears of war. Graphics and story direction aside of course as those are ace, and god of war is well, trash compared to the likes of ninja gaiden or bayonetta. Again personal opinion. People champion Littlebigplanet, I think as games they are vastly inferior to other 2d platformers like klonoa or mario on the wii.

People see these opinions as trolling, but I could see why people would hate viva pinata, halo, gears, kinect sports and crackdown too, but I love them all and have at least played all the games I choose to like or shit on. These days, third parties are what seem to be hitting it out of the park for me aside the odd halo, gears or infamous, and those are often best played on the 360, especially since the controller is much more comfortable, and with third party output being pretty incredible to this point, I don't really see how someone can hate the 360 or ps3, but could see one or the other being redundant. Either way we're going on year 7 of that consoles life and there is still plenty to play on it.

Top Bottom