• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those who care: 12/16 SMACKDOWN SPOILERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown! Taping Results
Date Added: December 15, 2004
Story By: Amish Patel
Credit: Rajah.com News Reader
SmackDown! from Nasville, TN

Tazz and Cole come out, and the ring begins to get decorated for tonight’s show. Orlando comes in, the ring is set, and we are ready for tonight’s Smackdown!
The intro/pyro rolls and Orlando, in the middle of a ring decorated in red, white, and blue banners, ask us to welcome the WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield! The limo pulls up with JBL and Amy riding on top if it like a bull, with the Bashams dressed as Secret Service closely in tow. As the confetti and balloons rain, JBL makes his way to the ring. He then proceeds to tell us how tonight is the return of a heo, and tonight will be a moment that you will never forget! All great things come in 3’s, FDR, Regan, and JBL for examples. He also fought three of the best superstars at Armageddon, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, and The Undertaker, and he beat them all to retain the title once more. That his was the greatest title victory and he is the greatest champion of all time, despite having a GM more biast and corrupt and fans that refuse to chant his name. Thus starts a massive “You Suck!” chant. He then screams at the audience to chant his name! Chant my name!
All of a sudden, Kurt Angle’s music rolls and in walks Angle with Reigns and Jindrak in tow. They go right for the ring and Kurt goes nose to nose with JBL. Bradshaw tells him that he is interuppting his party, and that unless he is here to congratulate him, he better get out! Angle then asks what was that about JBL being the greatest champion, sorry, but no. I am! Do you remember Armageddon, 2000? Angle beat 5 men, The Rock, Stone Cold, Rikishi, Triple H, and The Undertaker in a 6-Man Hell in a Cell match for the Title. And besides, I invented the over the top championship celebration, BUCKO! (Yes, Angle called JBL Bucko, and he never lets it drop. It is a riot! Numerous Bucko chants during this segment)
Bradshaw states that wasn’t that four years ago? My, how the mighty have fallen! Angle then calls out John BUCKO Layfield and challenges him to a title match tonight, for the WWE Championship. JBL says that would be a great match, and it’s an excellent idea, but no. He is going to take time off for the holidays and it just isn’t going to happen!

In walks the Smackdown GM, Teddy Mac. Teddy tells JBL that you don’t control when you take time off, I do. You don’t make matches, I do. Let me ask the audience if they would like to see this match. JBL then states that the audience shouldn’t be asked but his pleas are not heard as Teddy as an informal poll. Needless to say, resounding cheers fill the arena. Tonight, says Teddy, it will be JBL Vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship. Ho, ho ho JBL, or should I say, Holla…Holla, Holla and with that Teddy leaves the ring, followed by everyone else during the break.

During the break a video package rolls for the new Diva video, South of the Border.

Akio/Kidman Vs. RVD/Rey Mysterio (Non-title match)
Back in the ring, Akio and Kidman have made their way to the ring to face RVD and Rey for a non title tag team match. Kidman and Rey start it off but soon it is Akio and Rey, and Akio is in the ropes set up for a 619. (It being Nashville, I was prepared for 615 chants, our area code, but yet I heard none, sadly.) Akio tries to retort but ends up kicking Kidman out of the ring. Soon it is RVD and Kidman in the ring, and RVD hits the Rolling Thunder, but to no avail. Postions change and Kidman ends up dragging RVD to the corner for the Moonsault, but he misses. RVD then drags Kidman to the center of the ring and connects with a five star for the 3 count.
Winners - RVD and Mysterio

Don’t forget, tonight we crown the next Tough Enough Champion and later on tonight JBL defends his title against Kurt Angle.

Another Blade commercial runs and we are shortly joined by Torrie Wilson in an Uncle Sam outfit. She says that she is proud to wear these colors, and then talks about the troops in Iraq and how great it was to go. She reminds us that next week is the Annual Christmans in Baghdad Smackdown! and then leaves the ring.

Right after that, Heidenreich comes from the audience, behind Cole and Tazz, and Cole flips out and heads to the entrance, looking nervous. Heidenreich grabs a chair and sits in the middle of the ring, and we are graced with more poetry by Heidenreich. The poem is anti-Taker and this gets a solid Taker chant going. Finally it ends and he leaves…but never soon enough.

Eddie and Booker T are shown in the back saying that even though they were fighting at the pay per view, they were on the same page, and get along great. Some random TNA comes in and they ogle it. The conversation leads into a tease fight between them until Booker cracks up and begins to laugh saying that he loves to push Eddie’s buttons, it’s so easy. Now, let’s go kick some ass!

There was some words spoken about the Cena match from the PPV but we never heard them, so I have no clue why the image was shown. Also, don’t forget that next week is the Best of RAW 2004! After that, the Royal Rumble commercial airs. Being and actor, this is the best commercial, and the funniest that I have ever seen!

We come back to Orlando at the GM’s door, but another girl is there saying that Mr. Long is meditating and cannot be interuppted. Orlando walks away angry and runs into Reigns. Luther is laughing at Orlando trying to get JBL out of the match and the two begin to get into swapping ways their champion is better than the other, until Orlando states that JBL provides healthcare. Luther get seriously interested but quickly throws it away and they get angry a little more before they depart.

Kenzo/Dupree vs. Booker T/Eddie
Eddie enters to the largest pop of the night. This was a pretty solid match but I got into the match and forgot to take notes. The heels never really dominanted and the crowd seemed very into the match. Booker gets the Book End on Kenzo and starts to feel it. He hits the spinarooni, as Hiroko sneaks in the ring behind Booker with a Kendo stick. She makes to hit him with it just before Booker turns around and scares her out of the ring. Eddie is the actual legal man and hits the frog splash, sealing the victory.
Winners - Booker T/Eddie

Orlando walks into JBL’s dressing room telling him the match is still going on. JBL gets angry when he thinks no one has confidence in him. Amy then tells him that it is ok, that he will be champion and get to go overseas next week. JBL gets nervous saying that it is a war zone, but Amy says the whoever the champion is has to go and represent WWE. Then Carlito shows up, with a proposition for JBL. They both have a problem, Teddy. Long is always on both their backs, so after your match tonight, let’s talk. Sounds like a plan, says JBL. Carlito takes a big bite out of his apple and the Cabinet gets nervous. Mr. Cool just smiles and walks away.

The WWE Slam of the week is Funaki beating Spike for the Cruiserweight Belt at Armageddon. Tazz and Cole get some screentime here I think, and then a ThemeAddict comercial airs. Some footage from the new Smackdown Vs. Raw game shows us what the JBL/Angle match could be like.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?! Time for to crown the next Tough Enough Champion. Al Snow is in the ring and invites Mike Mizanin and Daniel Puder to the ring where the trophy is. This took no time at all, and Al Snow crowns Puder as the next champion. He also asks him how would he like a chance to headline Wrestlemania? Puder has been entered into the 30 Man Royal Rumble in January. Both guys were very good sports about it all, but Mizanin says that this is where he wants to be now, and will find a way!

Angle is shown in the locker room as Reigns comes in. Angle begins to bash on all pro-sports for awhile and Reigns tells Angle not to worry, that he and Jindrak will be there to take on the cabinet. He then complains about his back to Jindrak and Angle asks him what he is talking about. It’s nothing says Luther…Well..Orlando gets health care from JBL….Angle gets furious, forget health care! I’ve got a match, next!

ECW commericial, and Teddy makes his way to Tazz and Cole to comment on the match. The older Iraq commercial is shown and we come back to two local 101st Airborne members and we are shown that the Air Force Commander is in attendance. Man, that explains the beef in security in the house. Some new Diva makes her way down to the ring in a Mrs. Santa outfit, passing out candy canes before we start our main event.
JBL Vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship

Kurt and crew make their way to the ring first. Then JBL comes out with the Cabinet, and as he begins to enter the ring, the Diva offers JBL a candy cane, and Amy gets furious. Could it be? Are we that lucky? YES! Catfight! This ends with each girl getting held back until Amy decides to rip the Diva’s top off, and the favor is returned. Finally Teddy Mac has had enough and throws everyone out but the two competitors. Finally our match gets under way as Angel is chewing on JBL’s hat. More Bucko chants fill the air, as well as numerous Let’s Go Angle chants! They go back and forth for awhile, ankle lock here and there, until after awhile Orlando Jordon comes running into the ring while Angle has JBL in an ankle lock, but he misses and flies out the ring. The Bashams show up followed by Jindrak and Reigns. While the ref is distracted, our course JBL is tapping. Orlando gets back in the ring and JBL gets DQ’ed. Angle wins, but no title. WELLLLLL!!!!!! Big Show’s msuic hits and he makes his way to the ring. A choke slam for Jindrak, as well as one for Reigns. A dual choke slam for the Bashams, and Show picks up Orlando and takes him out with a F-5. JBL has snuck his way up the ramp as Show signals from the ring that he is coming for the belt! I am pretty sure this is where the cameras end.
Winner - Angle by DQ

And here is the recap of the Casket Match:
Chimmel tells us that Long has ordered OJ and JBL to face Taker in a handicapped casket match, right now. JBL comes out, whines while they set up the casket, until Taker’s music hits. Taker makes his slow way into the ring, and JBL is there with his face in his hands. JBL and OJ want to run but they come back and peak in the casket, and in doing so decides to get back in the ring. Swings are swapped and eventually JBL quickly ends up in the casket, but no lid has been closed because OJ shows up just in time. Taker now has JBL in the casket acting a fool, and is beating OJ down into a corner. JBL gets out and together they team up on Taker in the corner. They try to get him in the casket but can’t! OJ ends up in the casket while Taker and JBL duke it out in the ring. JBL low blows Taker, as Taker falls out of the ring. They team up on Taker using the stairs, but a missed stair shot turns the tables. Taker is back in control and beats OJ into the top of the casket, and throws JBL’s face into the lid as well. JBL gets back up and regains control as they lead Taker near the ramp and begins to choke Taker with some cable. Taker lowblows JBL and tossed OJ into the casket, but too hard and OJ flies through, out the other side. JBL outmaneuvers Taker and grabs a steel chair but not in time as he gets a facefull of Taker’s boot. Taker tosses JBL, then OJ into the ring. He performs a little oldschool on JBL. Then OJ begins to wail on Taker some more as JBL opens the casket. This ends with OJ falling over JBL and into the casket. Taker gets a chokeslam in on JBL, and closes the lid on OJ. The crowd calls for a tombstone, and Taker gives one as requested to JBL and throws him inside with OJ. The casket is rolled out with both men inside and Taker makes his way to the back, sucking up the crowd response.
Winner - The Undertaker

The arena was almost completely full. It was awesome to see that many people in the there. The crowd got into everythign and rarely was silent. For the record, Tony Chimmel is one of the funniest people I’ve seen. The guy is a riot! Overall it wasn’t a bad final show of the year, but there was no Cena, as I assume he was off filming his movie still. There was no acknowledgement of Funaki other than the Slam of the Week. And only a few matches. Not many complaints really. This is my 6th show in Nashville, and the only one better I have been to was Judgment Day a few years back. Hope the show translates to tv well, because we all had a great time!

Sounds like a damned good show. I'll be sure to watch this week.

Whats with Big show F-5ing people? Sign of things to come? Someone possibly returning, could the rumors be true?

evil ways

Thumbs up at Carlito getting the main event spotlight rub from JBL. It will be interesting to see where they go with that.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Team Angle vs. The Cabinet should be fun to watch. Like DX vs. NOD

This actually sounds ALOT better than the Armageddon disaster of a PPV.

BTW, Anyone have a GIF of Cena punting Jesus in the face from the PPV?

The way I see things, JBL will keep adding members to his squad. Theres a good chance his title may not even be on the line.

Angle could keep adding members and have a stable vs stavle match.

I really dislike JBL for one reason, he can't deliver where it counts. IN... THE... RING!

His mic skills are impressive, but the in-ring is awful. Perhaps he'll get better.

I will say one thing though, both RAW and Smackdown have become really good lately.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
They should throw in Paul London! His ring attire already matches Kurt's. And whatever it takes to get the best cruiserweight in the company on the main show is ok by me.

Next question what wrestlers make up Bradshaw's cabinet?

Now that Survivor is over I think I'll start watching Smackdown again.

evil ways

Guzim said:

Well unless they change or rush things, WWE supposedly wants to build JBL as a long term heel champion so that when he loses the belt it means something. The plan was to somehow push Cena into Wrestlemania V.S. JBL, have JBL retain and keep their feud until SummerSlam.

Things change though, especially due to injuries. Cena was not supposed to return so soon and win the belt back from Carlito but he had to due to Carlito's injury.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, and Kurt Angle. They could throw Haas since he's been jobbing out of storylines. Haas could be a Randy Orton type of guy.

Bradshaw has Orlando Jordan, Bashams, and that chick Amy.

This looks like a ECW type of stable war.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
They should have Luther turn on Team Angle(for the health benefits of course) and then bring in Haas, London, and uhhh I dunno maybe bring up Chris Masters from OVW. He's a grappler type. Then they could have big 5 on 5 war and you get alot more of the real talent involved.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
He and Albright make a pretty good team as the Troubleshooters.....which means they'll get broken up and sent to diffrent shows. The WWE could have kick ass tag division if they'd just use some are already established in OVW........maybe they arent allowed too or something.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is "Team Angle" going by the "Honor Society" name, or do they still remain nameless?

Brian Fellows said:
They should have Luther turn on Team Angle(for the health benefits of course) and then bring in Haas, London, and uhhh I dunno maybe bring up Chris Masters from OVW. He's a grappler type. Then they could have big 5 on 5 war and you get alot more of the real talent involved.

IIRC Masters will have his first televised match for the WWE on this Sunday's Heat. EDIT: Never mind, it's a dark match.

I'd like to see Luther turn on Angle and join with JBL; I think he'd make a good edition to the "Cabinet," much more so than the Bashams. Maybe have Mark Jindrak go with him (or just get rid of him since he has nothing going for him), and have Angle turn face since there's too many heels now IMO. I don't like this more serious Angle; he needs to act more cocky and funny again, and he NEEDS to be doing something other than stupid Invitational matches against jobbers.

BTW, Shawn Michaels will be coming back to RAW in January.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I did hear that ROH wrestler Chad Collyer(trained by Malenko) has a great match with Val Venus on Heat this weekend. I'm gonna have to tune in for that.

Oh and if anyone in the Philly area wants to see some kick ass wrestling(including that guy in my avatar) on the 26th I have a ticket to ROH's Final Battle show I'm trying to sell. My boss fucked me over so I can no longer attend.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Brian Fellows said:
They should throw in Paul London! His ring attire already matches Kurt's. And whatever it takes to get the best cruiserweight in the company on the main show is ok by me.

I will never forgive the WWE for their misuse of Paul London. Seriously, the guy was one half of the tag team champions. Then, his partner, who is about a million times less talented than he is, botches a move London could hit in his sleep and injures a fellow worker. Then, the guy who injured the other is pushed and completely buries London on a PPV. And, where do they decide to have London's big revenge match? Well, Velocity of course...so the two or three people who watch that show see it. For whatever reason, they just seem completely unwilling to push London at all. Then gain, it might have something to do with the fact that he's not a complete roid monkey with bacne and hair in inappropriate places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom