• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announcer John Bradshaw Layfield met with bullying accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengetsu

He was always too good for WWE. I almost thought WWE matured for a few with having a big name like him. He made the product sound good and now it's back to the same crap.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I hope this eats JBL up, just knowing Mauro called one of the biggest fights in history, while he continues to call RAW.

Please have the fight on Friday and have Mauro look at the camera and say "we fight on Friday nights, Maggie" then do a super close up of him grinning ala that dude from Tim and Eric.

RBH

Mauro Ranallo is heading to NXT:

CWPmSG5.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVp4v6IgOoc/

Jezbollah

Thats both brilliant and perfect. NXT gets even better, and Mauro stays the fuck away from JBL.

It's been a fantastic month for Mr Ranallo.

Fox318

Didn't see that coming. HHH must really like him.
He is a broadcaster for the number 2 MMA promotion in America and in Japan, he also does Boxing including the highest grossing cards in history.

Probably doesn't look great to partners that he your carny circus promotion runs him out of town because he doesn't pretend to be Stan Hansen like JBL.

Triple H must have really went up to bat for Mauro. Well I'm glad it worked out for Mauro. He's definitely a wonderful addition now that Corey Graves left the NXT commentary and I personally can't stand Todd Phillips. Nigel is cool though.

janoDX

From what I know HHH and Cole believe in Mauro. This is both trying to get him back, and on NXT he will get more freedom.

Fantastic news. Welcome back Mauro.

It’s terrible news if you were hoping to see him commentate on a good wrestling product.

He would have been perfect for njpwworld considering their international efforts, which is probably why Wwe have signed him to a show that’s supposed to be for developing commentators.

It’s really transparent why wwe has done this, just like the reasons they rehired JR after pretending he retired. It’s not “good guy hhh” it’s “scared of competition McMahon”.

Chopper

It’s terrible news if you were hoping to see him commentate on a good wrestling product.

He would have been perfect for njpwworld considering their international efforts, which is probably why Wwe have signed him to a show that’s supposed to be for developing commentators.

It’s really transparent why wwe has done this, just like the reasons they rehired JR after pretending he retired. It’s not “good guy hhh” it’s “scared of competition McMahon”.
NXT is a great wrestling product. He'll be earning more money in WWE than anywhere else, his profile will be higher in WWE than anywhere else, and if he can be kept away from JBL, if that is what is necessary, then it's a good career move.

It's also great news for me personally, who loves his work and wants to see him on WWE TV.

Lets assume this is true. What's would you do? Just let your competition have the best talent you can't or wont put on TV?

If I was Vince McMahon I’d have him on Raw. But the issue is if I was Vince McMahon I’d have terrible taste in commentators and want bland robots like Tom Philips.

NXT is a great wrestling product. He'll be earning more money in WWE than anywhere else, his profile will be higher in WWE than anywhere else, and if he can be kept away from JBL, if that is what is necessary, then it's a good career move.

It's also great news for me personally, who loves his work and wants to see him on WWE TV.

Weekly NXT is complete shit. It has been for years. Takeovers are usually good, that’s 5 or so good shows a year. New Japan have had 5 good shows in the last 2 months.

The idea there’s a wrestling fan who watches NXT but not new Japan or Progress or any of the places people come from to learn how to have less entertaining matches in NXT is wild to me.

Sanjuro

The downside to this is I don't think we'll actually know what happened for much longer now. Despite all the shitty things tied to JBL, the link to Mauro still was weak.

The Good - It was a massive misunderstanding.
The Bad - They buried the hatchet.
The Ugly - JBL is going to cut his brake lines.

Chopper

Weekly NXT is complete shit. It has been for years. Takeovers are usually good, that’s 5 or so good shows a year. New Japan have had 5 good shows in the last 2 months.

The idea there’s a wrestling fan who watches NXT but not new Japan or Progress or any of the places people come from to learn how to have less entertaining matches in NXT is wild to me.
Assuming you're referring to me, you've made some wild assumptions there. And I disagree with your first sentence. Otherwise, good chat.

Assuming you're referring to me, you've made some wild assumptions there. And I disagree with your first sentence. Otherwise, good chat.

You really think the average quality of NXT over the last year or so has been good? There was a period when Zayn and Owens were hot that it was must see, that was a long time ago.

If you approach it as “it’s developmental so I have low standards” than I guess anything is enjoyable. It can’t compete with actial good promotions. It can barely even compete with TNA.

Chopper

You really think the average quality of NXT over the last year or so has been good? There was a period when Zayn and Owens were hot that it was must see, that was a long time ago.

If you approach it as “it’s developmental so I have low standards” than I guess anything is enjoyable. It can’t compete with actial good promotions. It can barely even compete with TNA.
Oh, it certainly dipped after Zayn left. But I would argue that over the last few months, it's picked up significantly. The upper-card is stacked. To say that it is "complete shit" is, quite frankly, inaccurate.

Oh, it certainly dipped after Zayn left. But I would argue that over the last few months, it's picked up significantly. The upper-card is stacked. To say that it is "complete shit" is, quite frankly, inaccurate.

I’m not talking about the roster as such. I’m talking about the TV show. Raw has a “stacked roster” and it sucks. NXT has some good wrestlers poached from indies, but it is filled with bad developmental matches and not much else. Occasionally they have a good main event, but they don’t have the personalities they used to have and the whole thing feels very bland right now.

I’m sure takeover will be great. Mauro will make it better. But of all the places in the world for a top class commentator we’re putting him on a developmental show so he can call Velvetrine Dream?

Acorn

Good, dude is a piece of shit. I just wish he was getting his ass fired to actually pay for the shit he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom