• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announcer John Bradshaw Layfield met with bullying accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cockles get all warm when people post reddit pages as replies.
WHat I do know, is that I watch it pretty much weekly either live or dvrd and the ad base ranges from no different to better than your average NBA game on TNT or your MLB game on Fox.
Meltzer is great in some areas, in others he is a tool

The ad rates are lower though. The WWE is actually at or near the top of cable TV ratings every week but the same advertisers pay less money than they do for shows that get way lower ratings.

jmdajr

Dave answered that multiple demographic studies have repeatedly found that WWE fan demographics (or "demos") are low-income, and "very ethnic" which he immediately clarified specifically meaning "very, very, Mexican," and overall unlikely to spend money.

Dave contrasted WWE with other "sports entertainment" demos, noting "soccer has the good demos, hockey has the good demos," and concluding that advertisers apparently believe NASCAR has better demos to advertise to than WWE does, though he conceded WWE demos skew younger than NASCAR.

Not the first time I have seen these studies. Makes sense for the E to never even mention Trump.

But come on Dave. "Very, very Mexican."

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
People like JBL and Vince are sacks of shit and alway will be, I loved Mauro on commentary and felt he brought something different to the program. He brought back the energized good ol days of commentary that I liked about Jim Ross

WWE has so much other horrible business practices going on. It's been this way for years. None of this surprises me at all. Worse things have happened to others in this company.

So Mauro has left and is now saying it's nothing to do with JBL.

The fact he was granted a release instead of them sitting on him another few months to run out his contract probably means they signed a non disparage agreement.

Its kind of standard practice. Dude probably got paid up front for the remainder of his contract and then some to make things nice so I aint gonna fault him.

bill0527

Makes sense why they signed JR over Wrestlemania weekend.

The E knows all the shit that's going to happen a few weeks before we do.

They knew Mauro wasn't coming back. They knew why. They knew they were going to be down an announcer and had holes to fill so they bring back JR to do some limited fill-in dates while they look for a permanent Smackdown announcer over the next year. They also threw piles of money at Ronallo to get him to shut the fuck up and end his contract now instead of making him sit at home all summer.

It all makes perfect sense. My analysis is either 100% accurate or its another episode of Tales from my Ass. Take your pick.

Mahonay

Banned
Mauro signed a nondisclosure agreement and got paid. WWE are just going to nothing about this as I assumed. Glad I cancelled my Network sub and am not watching for the forseeable future.

Syder

#FUCKJBL

If AJ Styles and Nakamura weren't in WWE, I'd cancel my WWE subscription immediately, fuck this company.
Well, seeing as you don't need the Network to watch Nakamura anymore, why not cancel? Spend the money on a NJPW subscription or something...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Makes sense why they signed JR over Wrestlemania weekend.

The E knows all the shit that's going to happen a few weeks before we do.

They knew Mauro wasn't coming back. They knew why. They knew they were going to be down an announcer and had holes to fill so they bring back JR to do some limited fill-in dates while they look for a permanent Smackdown announcer over the next year. They also threw piles of money at Ronallo to get him to shut the fuck up and end his contract now instead of making him sit at home all summer.

It all makes perfect sense. My analysis is either 100% accurate or its another episode of Tales from my Ass. Take your pick.
Taker has been pushing for JR to cast his wrestle mania matches for years. Probably just got his wish for his last match.

bill0527

Taker has been pushing for JR to cast his wrestle mania matches for years. Probably just got his wish for his last match.

Thing is JR himself said on his podcast at Wrestlemania weekend that he's signed for at least 30 dates. His return for Undertakers last match wasn't just a one-off. They aren't bringing him back full time but he does have a significant amount of dates on his new contract.

So Mauro has left and is now saying it's nothing to do with JBL.

bd084aacba3cd2252be917c30426c456.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Good for Mauro. Seems like a great guy and no question excellent commentator.

Thing is, you can't exactly call UFC saints over their treatment of commentary talent either... letting Goldie go was inexplicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom