• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foreign leaders told to praise Trump on election win

4Tran

I'd rather see a foreign leader do the complete opposite just to make Trump look like the most incompetent man in the room.
I don't think that any outside assistance is required.

At this point, I'm more embarrassed on foreign leaders for rolling with it. I think I'm at about rock bottom for embarrassment towards us.
Why wouldn't they roll along with it? Flattery costs nothing and it's pretty commonly employed in diplomacy. Besides, it seems pretty easy to get a good from Trump so manipulating him has tons of upsides.

Wag

The Israeli meeting is going to be especially interesting since he gave up one of their covert agents...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Don't forget to give him a lollipop too. Make sure all your documents have very colorful letters and lots of pictures.

And once he's happy, go "Give us 5 billion dollars a year. Obama turned us down when we asked him, and we heard you're cooler than Obama."

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've given a lot of shit to Obama. I'll continue to do so.

But how the everloving fuck do you go from him to... this.

Smellycat

"Pleased to meet you, President. Shame about you losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, even Barack Obama won both the electoral vote and popular vote in his elections. Now here's a long list of issues that I would like your input on."

What is the context in this gif?

We went from one of the most well-liked, well-informed, charismatic Presidents in decades to... this. Thanks, racists.

Perhaps the foreign leaders should send Trump over to sit at the kids' table while the adults talk.

Racism? But her emails! And economic anxiety!

Don't forget to provide appropriate entertainment

0002708471048_500X500.jpg

Beartruck

Also:

-Tell him his father loved him and would be proud of him.

Dude would probably jizz on the spot if they said that.

E-phonk

Banned
Well, he said Brussels is like living in a hellhole last year, so I don't know if he can insult us any further.

I'm sure he's an expert on hellholes though.

Amalthea

Banned
I'd tell him: "Congratulation to your tremendous win of the popular vote, Mr. President,... oh wait, I forgot you just won by through the electoral vote unlike your precedessor!

G0523

I kinda just want to see what happens if one of the foreign leaders doesn't follow these rules. I know it'll end in threats and tears from Trump but I just want to watch it happen.

Why wouldn't they roll along with it? Flattery costs nothing and it's pretty commonly employed in diplomacy. Besides, it seems pretty easy to get a good from Trump so manipulating him has tons of upsides.

Flattery, yes.

This is pandering to a child.

4Tran

No foreign leader should embarrass themselves like this.
This kind of thing is normal for diplomacy, so there's nothing particularly embarrassing about it. And apparently you can get Trump to change his mind about major policy positions after talking to him in person for 10 minutes, so it's a godsend for leaders meeting him.

The way I see it, Trump is an insecure man who craves the approval of people he considers influential. A foreign leader counts as such so any compliments he gets from such people will be seen as a validation of what he's done. And when Trump gets what he wants in this sense, he'll be willing to be extremely accommodating in other areas. National leaders should be lining up to get face-to-face time with this guy because they stand to get the most outrageous concessions from the US.

Flattery, yes.

This is pandering to a child.
It sucks for Americans, but if my country gets amazing trade agreements or other diplomatic concessions out of it, how would I lose out?

_Ryo_

Cats literally Literally, not figuratively, have a higher IQ, attention span , and skill than the current President of the United States. I love cats but this is just unforgivable.

Top Bottom