• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foreign leaders told to praise Trump on election win

At this point, I'm more embarrassed on foreign leaders for rolling with it. I think I'm at about rock bottom for embarrassment towards us.

"You mean all I have to do to get favorable trade terms with the US is exchange insincere pleasantries for 45 minutes? I do more to get laid on a Friday night."

jmood88

It's pretty telling that the people who swore that Obama was dumb and only got anywhere in school because of affirmative action think that Trump is a genius.

The frustrating thing is we shouldn't even have to wait for a conclusion from the Russia investigations. This guy sounds like a 25th Amendment case.

He's unable to fully discharge the powers of the presidency. He's not up to the task. If you don't have an attention span longer than a couple minutes, you're not up to the task of being president. If you can't remember the basic geopolitical details of major countries, you're not up to the task of being president.

But he's only the POTUS not President of the World. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank God.

"Suck the cock of our adult-sized infant"

"You mean all I have to do to get favorable trade terms with the US is exchange insincere pleasantries for 45 minutes? I do more to get laid on a Friday night."

You say this but it really means nothing in terms of the administration we're dealing with. Trump can say one thing and do another. Trump could be flattered one day and the next Fox News or Bannon tell him that the country he was just friends with is now our enemy and he should hate them and he'll respond accordingly. Hell, if he just listens to whoever complements him, what's to stop him short circuiting when two different forgien leaders want conflicting favors? This is not a certain or sustainable way to secure deals.

Do Better

What is it about this guy that makes people think he's a good leader? Because he says he is? Is everyone in on the gag and just using him?

PSY・S;237387471 said:
a6eab617eadd3e3d89b038129b5f5fdb_ivanka-trump-gazing-at-justin-trudeau-photo-sparks-memes-ivanka-memes-trudeau_620-348.jpeg

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Foreign leaders have pay some lip service to get favorable deals and 30 minutes press conference that makes them look like the smartest person on earth.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
PSY・S;237387471 said:

For some reason I just thought of that Mr. Robot scene where a particular character's wife was giving him tips on how to seduce women for 'political' gain.

Get him hard so the tiny amount of attention span he has is consumed by a rush of blood to his humongous, bulging ego.

Then just get him to agree to everything you want.

It's a bold strategy. I'm sure Ivanka can give them some tips.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
4-8 years from now when the US' political reputation is irreparably damaged and its economy is a shadow of its former self, big Orange will still be reminiscing about the "Beautiful Chocolate Cake with Two Scoops of Ice Cream" he was given during one of his foreign visits.

Brannon

Jesus fuck, just give him two scoops of ice cream while you're at it.

If I have to have this image burned in my head every time somebody online asks me of my nationality, then dangnabbit, you are too!

Also...
He's not easily influenced. He's borderline pliable. And foreign leaders are taking advantage of it.

I'd replace that word with "coachable". It's a quality most desired by MLM companies.

It is not a good quality to have.

muu

You say this but it really means nothing in terms of the administration we're dealing with. Trump can say one thing and do another. Trump could be flattered one day and the next Fox News or Bannon tell him that the country he was just friends with is now our enemy and he should hate them and he'll respond accordingly. Hell, if he just listens to whoever complements him, what's to stop him short circuiting when two different forgien leaders want conflicting favors? This is not a certain or sustainable way to secure deals.

Having POTUS even come and visit is itself an achievement for some of these countries. Also, if you already spent 45mins buttering him up why not spend another 15 mins getting some autographs on sheets of paper? With how incompetent his staff supposedly are it's certainly not out of the equation to take further steps while you got his attention.

jayu26

Why should any foreign dignitary needlessly feed orange turd's ego? What are they to gain from it? I don't want my Prime Minister (currently Trudeau) or any representative from the government to antagonize Trump but I don't want them praising him for things he doesn't deserve praise. That is unless Trump capitulates during negotiations because of false praising.

4Tran

Why should any foreign dignitary needlessly feed orange turd's ego? What are they to gain from it? I don't want my Prime Minister (currently Trudeau) or any representative from the government to antagonize Trump but I don't want them praising him for things he doesn't deserve praise. That is unless Trump capitulates during negotiations because of false praising.
Trump gives away tons of stuff when he gets praised.

Surfinn

"President Trump.. Your inauguration crowd was possibly the largest human gathering in recorded history. So much bigger than Obama's"

pablito

- Compliment Joffrey on his crowning, and compare him favorably to former King Robert

- Don't expect him to know your country's history or hot-button issues.

- Make a short presentation tailored to his attention span, and don't try to bring up a long list of issues

Changed a few words and it works.

Bluenoser

Surprised they didn't just get him a coloring book with 1000 crayons, let him sit at the big boy desk, and give him 2 scoops of ice cream.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Why should any foreign dignitary needlessly feed orange turd's ego?

National interest.

Address him like you'd normally address the president of the United States and you risk an international crisis. Stroke his ego and make him look like the greatest host in the world and he'll reward you with highly classified intelligence.

CTLance

Man, that NYT article.

Can you guys wait a bit longer before you get rid of him? I think I'd like for Mutti to thoroughly indoctrinate and exploit him for a while longer. Err. I mean, he still needs to hammer out some deals with our most beloved Chancellor Angela Merkel. Ahem.

Newsflash: New York sold to Europe for the price of a head pat, to be renamed to NeuWörk. German flying saucers are expected to swap it with England Trumpland within the next 24 hours. Please do not panic, and don't forget to wave to your new overlords.

At this point, I'm more embarrassed on foreign leaders for rolling with it. I think I'm at about rock bottom for embarrassment towards us.

If you were a foreign leader, wouldn't it be rational to butter the president of the USA up? Especially Trump who has proved to be a pushover in international relations.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Man, that NYT article.

Can you guys wait a bit longer before you get rid of him? I think I'd like for Mutti to thoroughly indoctrinate and exploit him for a while longer. Err. I mean, he still needs to hammer out some deals with our most beloved Chancellor Angela Merkel. Ahem.

Newsflash: New York sold to Europe for the price of a head pat, to be renamed to NeuWörk. German flying saucers are expected to swap it with England Trumpland within the next 24 hours. Please do not panic, and don't forget to wave to your new overlords.

LOL
I wonder if Native Americans still have that necklace - perhaps they could get Trump to agree to undo the deal :D

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Kind of wish they wouldnt follow this, so he can see how out of his league he really is and he doesn't know shit

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Amazing, a child president. I don't even live in the US and I've often thought: 'man, even I would be a better president than him.' If you're reading this, you would be a better president than him.

This guy will forever be a stain on the country's history.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

As a counter example, do you really think the Israeli government couldn't get a couple "favors" out of the current administration that they wouldn't have been able to get otherwise if it weren't for the leak?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ahaha, that's our president!

Ahahahaha!

screams internally fuckinggetimpeachedalreadypleaseandstopbeingamericasidioticrepresentative

Malreyn

I was listening to NPR and one of the commenters on a segment pointed out that so far every world leader he's talked tough on before an actual meeting, came back out with an "Ah, he's not so bad" or "I'm not gonna do what I said I was gonna do" from Trump, which signaled to other world leaders that Trump is a push over......"just read the 'Art of the Deal', tell Trump what he likes to hear and they'll get their way with him." was the jist of it.

Edit: also has to do with Trump only seeming to remember whoever gets the last comment in with him.

Surfinn

National interest.

Address him like you'd normally address the president of the United States and you risk an international crisis. Stroke his ego and make him look like the greatest host in the world and he'll reward you with highly classified intelligence.
Yup, or just be Russian, if you want the classified info. Hell, he'll even give you a private meeting in the oval office with your photographer of choice.

But he you're not.. Just stroke his ego and hope you don't make him mad.

National interest.

Looking how UK didn't get a single thing out of Trump I don't think that's true.

Top Bottom