• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foreign leaders told to praise Trump on election win

Kenstar

Did these Foreign leaders write that clickhole article as well?
X2WAT6V.jpg

Osukaa

utterly pathetic and disgusting.... fuck trump. I hope there are protests or someone throws a shoe at him or something

Trakdown

And whenever President Trump isn't in the room, everybody should be asking "Where's President Trump?"

Also, lol at comparing him positively to Obama by having them do something they didn't have to do when Obama was in office.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And why would any self respecting person adhere to any of this?
Because it's good for their interests. All they have to do is say a bunch of empty words, and then they'll have the fool eating out of their hands. It's actually the smart thing to do.

And whenever President Trump isn't in the room, everybody should be asking "Where's President Trump?"

Also, lol at comparing him positively to Obama by having them do something they didn't have to do when Obama was in office.
President Trump is so mind-bogglingly stupid that he thinks that if you can't see him, he can't see you. Therefore, the best defense against President Trump is to wrap a towel around your head.

HotHamBoy

Talk to him like he's 5 years old.

Thanks,

Your country's State Department

If the foreign leaders go with it, then it just proves Trump is the big dog in the yard.

To be clear, this isn't the U.S. advising foreign leaders on Trump, this is foreign leaders talking strategies with people who have met with Trump.

If he thinks he's the big dog he will give them whatever they want.

So he has a short attention span ? Well the problem is that the list of issues between USA and those countries is huge. there isn't just 1 thing to discuss , there are a lot of things to discuss .. So who is with trump to discuss those things ?

i-Lo

Trump really epitomizes the aspects for which other countries dislike Americans: Arrogant, ignorant and aggressive.

He WON in a democracy because so much of the country and electoral college saw him as a reflection of themselves.

7aged

They're gonna ticking all those boxes in Riyadh, they even have steak with ketchup.

They have his face plastered everywhere
image.jpg

Dear Foreign Allies,

Don't praise Trump. In fact please be as passive aggressive as possible when addressing Trump. Prove on a global stage that Trump is weak so that by association all Trump-like candidates across the world start looking weaker.

sincerely, The Resistance

He should also always be seen recycling.... TO THE EXTREME!

Majine

Banned
This manbaby is the most powerful man in the world and other leaders will be forced to praise him.

There truly is no god.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
- Compliment Trump on his election win, and compare him favorably to former President Obama.

- Don't expect him to know your country's history or hot-button issues.

- Make a short presentation tailored to his attention span, and don't try to bring up a long list of issues.

- If he seems distracted, jingle a set of plastic keys and that should capture his attention for a few moments.

jelly

He was suppose to sign something, Pence went to get him and Trump told him to bring it through to the room he went into like a good dog.

Nander

64YWIbd.gif

can someone tell me what's happening in this gif? What's the context?

Trump tried to bail out from a signing ceremony before journalists could ask him about Flynn. He was so eager to leave the room that forgot to sign the executive order, and Pence attempted to point that out.

Oh, man that feels like ages ago but it's actually only been two months. Two crazy months.

Cheerilee

64YWIbd.gif

Trump gathers reporters to publicize another one of his Executive Order signings, which are basically the only thing he can do as President, even though he controls all levels of government.

A reporter calls out a question about Mike Flynn, the disgraced agent of Turkey being investigated for treason for trying to undermine the active Obama presidency by discussing the impotence of Obama's sanctions against Russia, what with Comrade Trump imminently coming into office.

After Flynn's name is heard, Trump abruptly cancels the signing (which hadn't even begun yet) and begins meandering out of the room.

Vice President Mike Pence tried to reach up to put his hand on Trump's arm to stop him, before he realized the futility of it all, and let his hand drop back down to his side.

Two old men: "What the fuck is happening? Is this real life?" (The woman manages to retain her composure.)

VP Pence: "Umm... sir? The Executive Order? It's just sitting there on the desk."

Trump: "Fetch it for me."

Pence: "Fetch it for you. Yes, right. Of course." Pence hangs his head in shame and fetches the paper for his master.

Trump gathers reporters to publicize another one of his Executive Order signings, which are basically the only thing he can do as President, even though he controls all levels of government.

A reporter calls out a question about Mike Flynn, the disgraced agent of Turkey being investigated for treason for trying to undermine the active Obama presidency by discussing the impotence of Obama's sanctions against Russia, what with Comrade Trump imminently coming into office.

After Flynn's name is heard, Trump abruptly cancels the signing (which hadn't even begun yet) and begins meandering out of the room.

Vice President Mike Pence tried to reach up to put his hand on Trump's arm to stop him, before he realized the futility of it all, and let his hand drop back down to his side.

Two old men: "What the fuck is happening? Is this real life?" (The woman manages to retain her composure.)

VP Pence: "Umm... sir? The Executive Order? It's just sitting there on the desk."

Trump: "Fetch it for me."

Pence: "Fetch it for you. Yes, right. Of course." Pence hangs his head in shame and fetches the paper for his master.

ho god, i want to say this is amazing and incredibly funny, but it really sucks for people who live in the US! You can't get out of this... even if he's impeached, mike pence will replace him, and i don't know if it worse or not

cakely

64YWIbd.gif

The orange shitstain got triggered by a reporter's question and slunk away before accomplishing the point of the meeting: signing his EO.

Pence tried to point that out before president snowflake made it to his safe space, but it was to no avail.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This manbaby is the most powerful man in the world and other leaders will be forced to praise him.

There truly is no god.
It's not really forced. It's more like the leaders of the world are going "Hey, there's a sucker here who'll do ANYTHING you ask him to. All you need to do is tell him he's a good boy and he'll eat it up."

"Oh shit, let me get in on that!"

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
One thing: The "Guidelines" are the foreign's countries own ambassadorial staffs that suggest their leaders how to manipulate Trump, not USA personnel.

Somehow, i'm kind of bummed out we didn't get to see what would've happened when Berlusconi as prime minister visited trump or vice-versa.

HotHamBoy

From a Reuters article posted yesterday:

Conversations with some officials who have briefed Trump and others who are aware of how he absorbs information portray a president with a short attention span.

He likes single-page memos and visual aids like maps, charts, graphs and photos.

National Security Council officials have strategically included Trump's name in "as many paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned," according to one source, who relayed conversations he had with NSC officials.

Trump likes to look at a map of the country involved when he learns about a topic.

The Atlantic wrote in May 15:

Perhaps, as top intelligence officials have said of Russian interference in the election, the Kremlin is stunned at how successful the meeting turned out to be for them. But Lavrov and Kislyak had also carefully put themselves in a position to take advantage of good luck. As my colleague Julia Ioffe reported, and Politico’s Susan Glasser confirmed, the Russians had been pressing hard for an in-person meeting with Trump, “a man who is now known for starkly reversing his positions if exposed to in-person pleasantries.”

The article then goes on to outline several other major interactions with foreign leaders in which a brief visit with Trump was enough to get him to change his views. In reference to his meeting with President Xi Jinping:

The explanation was remarkable not only for Trump’s frank admission that he knew little about the background of the Korean Peninsula, but for his equally frank admission that the leader of a foreign country—and not just any foreign country, but a major American rival that Trump had repeatedly savaged rhetorically—could reverse his understanding of a key issue with just 10 minutes of persuasion.

Top Bottom