• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about physics - the official Dissidia Final Fantasy thread

Wow! Great OP. I was a little on the fence, but now I'm really excited about it (the extras are INSANE). I really really really *really* hope it comes out day one on PSN, otherwise it's going to be an agonizing wait.

Trevelyan

Banned
Awesome thread. Really hyped for this game. I'm prepared to sink countless hours into this. Squall(or maybe Cecil/Kefka) shall conquer all.

Any word on if this will be up on the PSStore? I will straight up not buy the game if I don't know for sure that I can play it on my PSPgo.

Captain N

Blu_LED said:
Any word on if this will be up on the PSStore? I will straight up not buy the game if I don't know for sure that I can play it on my PSPgo.

This seems like one of the games that will be there on October 1st.

Unicorn

robut said:
Can you play the villians in story mode?
After you beat it with all the "Heroes" there's a sort of side thing for the villains.

It's been a while since I played through the japanese version, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Drame

I can't wait to play Dissidia again. I had loads of fun with my import copy, and I shall have fun with this too.

My wallet isn't that happy though. Hard copy 32€ and a DD copy for PSP Go, geez but it's Dissidia baby!

The Dissidia is also being bundled with a white PSP here in europe, or so it seems.

Drame said:
I can't wait to play Dissidia again. I had loads of fun with my import copy, and I shall have fun with this too.

My wallet isn't that happy though. Hard copy 32€ and a DD copy for PSP Go, geez but it's Dissidia baby!

The Dissidia is also being bundled with a white PSP here in europe, or so it seems.

Really? has this been confirmed or speculated by SCEE? If you link the source I can update it later as of now I have errands.

Great thread! :) Having imported this when it came out in Japan, I can confirm that the game is all kinds of awesome. May very well pick up the US or UK release later in the year, just to have everything translated.

Drame

Urban Scholar said:
Really? has this been confirmed or speculated by SCEE? If you link the source I can update it later as of now I have errands.

Well, Play has a quite official looking bundle up for a pre-order.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Great thread! :) Having imported this when it came out in Japan, I can confirm that the game is all kinds of awesome. May very well pick up the US or UK release later in the year, just to have everything translated.

I whole heartily agree, Dissidia is one of the best PSP games. You'll have loads of fun even if you're not that big of a Final Fantasy fan, but if you are, this might be one of your favourite games ever!

Absolutely loved the demo, really looking forward to this one! I know it's premature, but I'm hoping for a sequel with some Sora, Lightning, Vivi and Balthier action. :D

VNZ

Not that I'm a FF-nut by any means, but the amount of nostalgia present in that roster is pretty staggering...

JustAnotherOtaku said:

Drame said:
I whole heartily agree, Dissidia is one of the best PSP games. You'll have loads of fun even if you're not that big of a Final Fantasy fan, but if you are, this might be one of your favourite games ever!

Aww yeah <3 :D

Drame said:
Well, Play has a quite official looking bundle up for a pre-order.

Thanks! I updated the OP, glad our Euro friends are also getting a sweet bundle.

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm not sure if I can handle this much awesome in one game.

I'd say it rivals Super Smash Bros. level of OCD collecting and you'll consistently ask your self how is this on a single UMD? You can handle it solider and that's an order!

Monocle

Excellent thread. Even though I won't be picking up Dissidia immediately, it's high on my list of anticipated games. I must have spent a good ten hours playing the demo. I still have it on my SD card.

Lucis

forget about anything and everthing
remember cloud's air cancel combo (you can combo forever, and I mean FOREVER) with it if you hit it correctly, even follow up with an 9999 hp hit. Actually I wonder if they fixed that in this version.

and Jecht mid tier? Can't agree to that...

Kagari said:
Nice thread. Will be double dipping on this one.

Oh I knew you would ;)

Kirashi said:
forget about anything and everthing
remember cloud's air cancel combo (you can combo forever, and I mean FOREVER) with it if you hit it correctly, even follow up with an 9999 hp hit. Actually I wonder if they fixed that in this version.

and Jecht mid tier? Can't agree to that...

Yeah he's considered mid tier by general consensus. I believe it due to him not being very versatile. The tier list description can be found here. In fact I updated the OP with the tier list source.

As for that I'm pretty sure they fixed because they said they took the time correct any bugs and such reported from the Japanese fan base.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Urban Scholar said:
So anybody have any ideas of whom they'll main already or are you just going to play with everyone to find that right fighter?
I'm pretty sure Terras my main. She was a beast in the demo!

Drame

Urban Scholar said:
So anybody have any ideas of whom they'll main already or are you just going to play with everyone to find that right fighter?

I'll continue playing with Tidus, he's my favourite from the bunch.

Although, I might play more with Zidane this time, but I'll start with Tidus as I did with the Japanese version.

rataven

Cloud :)

At least initially. He seems a bit overpowered with basic moves, so I'm looking forward to trying out Zidane and Tidus. Also liked Onion Knight based on the demo.

Drame said:
I'll continue playing with Tidus, he's my favourite from the bunch.

Although, I might play more with Zidane this time, but I'll start with Tidus as I did with the Japanese version.

Man I had a blast playing with him. Its almost ridiculous how versatile he is once you unlock more air moves and such. He's definitely going to be in my top 3 for the heroes.

rataven said:
Cloud :)

At least initially. He seems a bit overpowered with basic moves, so I'm looking forward to trying out Zidane and Tidus. Also liked Onion Knight based on the demo.

I wouldn't worry about it. Cloud's play style is all about using that power, go for it. Zidane is another fun fighter to lay the smack down with.

Fimbulvetr said:
Onion Knight, he had me at "Burn it up!".:D

Well, well Onion Knight you say? Great minds think alike. He's my favorite since playing the import.

Kazenone

Urban Scholar said:

Bartz, since he's the best FF lead!

Kazenone said:
Bartz, since he's the best FF lead!

He is a good character to play with. Also please don't forget

Urban Scholar said:
Not that this should be mentioned but...please:

*No Nomura's art bashing. Belts, zippers and all manner of buckles jokes aren't welcomed.

*Taking the time to troll the game's concept and those interested will also be a no, no.

*Filling up the thread with "said FF game being better than said FF" has no place here. With that said, characters in DFF can be argued though within context of the game.

If you've played the import like myself you'll notice I decidedly left certain details out. These should be experience with no spoiling for others. So please spoiler tag story related matters and other things.

Awesome thread and seeing the tier list... oohh Bartz is mid tier. But then again IIRC all, if not most, of his moves are from the other heroes. ;o

Kazenone

Urban Scholar said:
He is a good character to play with. Also please don't forget

I can't wait to try him. I like the idea of a mimic character.

Got my Pre-order for the Collector's Edition in a few weeks ago, only a few more days to wait!

SonicX_Zero said:
Awesome thread and seeing the tier list... oohh Bartz is mid tier. But then again IIRC all, if not most, of his moves are from the other heroes. ;o

Meh doesn't matter, mimic or otherwise wrecking you're face doesn't change the fact your face is getting wrecked. Bartz brings a good dynamic to a fight.

Urban Scholar said:
Well, well Onion Knight you say? Great minds think alike. He's my favorite since playing the import.

Thanks, to tell you the truth I'm very partial to speedy characters(Sonic player in Brawl). And since Onion Knight has the fastest natural speed(no Tidus' EX mode does not count) it was an obvious choice for me.

Fimbulvetr said:
Thanks, to tell you the truth I'm very partial to speedy characters(Sonic player in Brawl). And since Onion Knight has the fastest natural speed(no Tidus' EX mode does not count) it was an obvious choice for me.

Wow its like you're reading my mind and yes Tidus EX mode is broken :lol

Urban Scholar said:
Meh doesn't matter, mimic or otherwise wrecking you're face doesn't change the fact your face is getting wrecked. Bartz brings a good dynamic to a fight.
Good point.lol I actually enjoyed beating the other heroes with Bartz using their own moves.:lol :lol

While I hated the demo at E3 when I didn't know what the heck was going on, learning more about how the gameplay worked and giving it another crack made it a completely different experience.

I've recently borrowed my friend's PSP so that I can pick this up. It says PSP 2001 on the barcode at the bottom, so I think that means it's a 2000-series, correct? Anyways, he installed custom firmware a while ago, but hasn't used it in a long time. From what I understand, I'll have to update the firmware to the latest version so that I can play (what will be) my shiny new UMD, correct? Anyone more knowledgeable than myself care to help me get this PSP ready without bricking it?

Top Bottom