• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about physics - the official Dissidia Final Fantasy thread

Estival

RocketDarkness said:
Of course! The future is for one to take by brute force!
:D
:lol I must be a bit out of it right now to have not caught that. Don't mind me. Glad to see it's still in then! :D
In the related videos though, it shows some of her battle intros and of the two I saw, they don't seem to rhyme :( But if it's there in the cutscenes, I guess I can't complain.

Monocle

RocketDarkness said:
"Quantity limited. No rain checks." I'd say give them a call and find out if they're offering it tomorrow, and if so, go as soon as possible. If you can't make it in a reasonable time frame (within the first day), I'd just stick to Amazon.

It's listed on page 16-17 of the weekly ad, if you go to their website.
I appreciate the information. My closest Target will have some copies available tomorrow, so it looks like you saved me some money and time. Right on!

neoism

View order
Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: August 25, 2009

* 1 of: Dissidia Final Fantasy
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
:)

Monocle said:
Well GAF, I watched GameTrailers' review video and decided I need Dissidia this week. I poked around and uncovered a $5 off code, which makes me feel a little less down on myself for breaking my policy against impulse buys.

The code is "SAVE5DIS" without the quotes. It expires today, August 24th. If you want in on the deal, pre-order Dissidia through Amazon and enter the code on the checkout page. The order qualifies for free shipping, so as long as you don't mind waiting for about five days for your game, it's a great deal.
:(

Amazon screwed me again. Preordered this months ago, and now my shipping estimate is August 31st. Same thing happened to me when I preordered Devil Summoner 2. I guess I'll just have to cancel this order and take advantage of the Target promotion. It's like Amazon just doesn't want my money.

Hey guys just popping in real quick. Keep bumping the thread with the hype and what not. I'm in the middle of fall term studies and what not. No laptop for awhile either. Anywho getting my copy later around 9 p.m est time. Oh if anyone has luck with ad-hoc post it here and I'll update later Peace dudes.

depward

Went to Target this morning, thought I could go by the "it'll be in-store by 8am on Tuesday" stamp they had in their ad - negative. Awesome.

anddo0

Got my copy from GS. It took an extra half hour because the stupid GS guy left the pre-order bonus in the basement.

RedBoot

Got mine from Amazon. I can't play it until later as I have work to do, but I can at least say release date delivery worked (for me, anyway). At least I can listen to the music for now.

I'm really liking this game so far. This game has a lot of customization. Almost too much customization. Battles are fun. Fights seem simple like smash bros, but really comes done to player skill and mindgames. It seems like everymove can be too easily dodged. So one fault can spell doom. Game seems easy to get into but difficult to master.

thaikick

Neo Member
This game is great. It's great because it's new. Fighting games have stagnated so badly where now you darn well better like juggling dudes and hyper balanced fighters because that's all you'll be getting. There's no heart; everything's proud to be a copy of what was once a genre that tried.

The only other game that tried and succeeded in the last five years was the Garouden: Breakblow series. It's refreshing to experience this game not knowing already exactly what to expect.

The game is great because it's technically sound and a blast to play but it's even better because it takes something that's canonized and has the guts to try something new. One of the top five best fighting games I've played.

Love the game so far. Finished The Prologue, Cloud and Tidus Story. Doing Firion right now. The Star difficulty means what? I didn't touch the 3+ star ones just because i thought they might be hard but oh god at how some level 20+ enemies come out of nowhere when I want to get my treasure Chest :lol.

Still learning how to do combos and strategically attack my opponents. <3

Everyone should buy the game most definitely!

Ehh, what the hell, I picked it up at Target with the $10 gift card. Will play later, give MHF Unite the first major time out since it released.

Trevelyan

Banned
This game is just flat out fun. Period. There's so much stuff to unlock, and the battles are immensely entertaining. Possibly the best PSP game I've played.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Motherfucker nailed Kefka (spoilers for Zidane's Destiny Odyssey): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7lvNkyPZs&fmt=18

I have to pick this up NOW. :(

Bonus Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJM-VbPAH48&fmt=18
:lol

In general I don't really care if the voice acting is bad, good, decent or otherwise but I was a tad bit interested in how Kefka's VA would turn out but Wittenberg has just the right touch.

*prays for a cutscene meeting between Sephiroth and Kefka*

rataven

This game is pure, perfect fun.
Fimbulvetr said:
How come even Cloud's victory taunts are depressing?

"I won't sleep tonight...."

The hell?
Dude's had to fight Sephiroth how many times now? SE love to keep their poster boy miserable. :lol

Got mine a couple hours ago. Pretty damn fun, this. Of course I started with the Cloud scenario.

So the Gamestop preorder really was just really nice looking box sleeves. I guess it makes for good autograph fodder. (
Apparently Cosmos' voice actress is Veronica Taylor?! Really?!!
)

Synless

This install is killing me, there is no reason an install should take this long especially one that's barely over 500Mb's.

Just got my copy from Amazon! Finally! Just gotta Data Install the game...and charge the battery for my PSP since I forgot to do that...

Game is absolutely amazing. Everything I wanted it to be and more, super deep and super Final Fantasy filled. This entire game, from menu sounds, to tutorials, from loading screens to character poses and personalities absolutely SCREAM Final Fantasy wet dream.

Fantastic.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Game is absolutely amazing. Everything I wanted it to be and more, super deep and super Final Fantasy filled. This entire game, from menu sounds, to tutorials, from loading screens to character poses and personalities absolutely SCREAM Final Fantasy wet dream.

Fantastic.

Glad to hear it Chilly! I only get the FF1,FF8-FF10 nods myself. The level of stuff is crazy, as excepted of a strong running series. ;)

Synless

Finally done with the data install, before I start is there anything I should know about in terms of playing from some of the guys who had the JP version?

Synless said:
Finally done with the data install, before I start is there anything I should know about in terms of playing from some of the guys who had the JP version?

If you've played any Power Stone and or any Smash Bros. game? If you answer is yes then you have more to ease into the game mechanics then you may think. How long was the data install? I remember with the JP game it was a lengthy time.

Urban Scholar said:
If you've played any Power Stone and or any Smash Bros. game? If you answer is yes then you have more to ease into the game mechanics then you may think. How long was the data install? I remember with the JP game it was a lengthy time.
Took about an hour to finish on my end, full install.

I can't believe how much stuff is in this games that I had no idea about when I played the Japanese version. It's pretty complex. I love seeing the old FF characters pop up to give tutorials. The dialogue does a pretty good job of capturing their style too. The entire game is steeped in nostalgia for a long-time FF fan like myself.

It's strange hearing characters liek Squall and Zidane talk, I'm not mad about the script of the voice acing so far, there's too many...unnatural....pauses. Cloud sounds extra gruff too. The English version feels a lot harder than I remember it.

Synless

Urban Scholar said:
I have a solid history with Smash Bros. so I should be alright then. I'd say it took about 45-50 minutes for the install to finish.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
It's strange hearing characters liek Squall and Zidane talk, I'm not mad about the script of the voice acing so far, there's too many...unnatural....pauses. Cloud sounds extra gruff too. The English version feels a lot harder than I remember it.

:lol that's Steve Burton for you, its one of the reasons I enjoy his acting/voice acting

Tamanon

Banned
I know I'm missing a ton of nuances in the battle system. After cruising through Cloud's level, Sephiroth just whooped my ass soundly.

A sign of a good game is after getting royally owned you still are having fun.

This is a good game.

seriously tho I must resist the urge to go raaaar and rush in and get owned. Tidus got owned by everyone myself incuded. Does he Suck? Because he is the only person I've beat consistantly. I've played with everyon and so far I've won with Squall, OK, Bartzm and Terra....everyone else got their shit handed too them. Johny youn....er Fririon stood no chance against WOL. Will hit story mode soon but goddam this game is tough.

Knux-Future said:
A sign of a good game is after getting royally owned you still are having fun.

This is a good game.

seriously tho I must resist the urge to go raaaar and rush in and get owned. Tidus got owned by everyone myself incuded. Does he Suck? Because he is the only person I've beat consistantly. I've played with everyon and so far I've won with Squall, OK, Bartzm and Terra....everyone else got their shit handed too them. Johny youn....er Fririon stood no chance against WOL. Will hit story mode soon but goddam this game is tough.

Actually he's on the top tier list(post #16). I'm not kidding in saying that if you used him efficiently you would be whopping arse left and right. Then the same could be said about anyone. Tidus is in my top 3 of fighters in game.

jlchoi

Neo Member
Got an e-mail this afternoon that Amazon shipped out my order.

Looks like great timing since I just got a PSP yesterday.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The fights (specially the super attacks) look so awesome, like playing Advent Children in really low resolution or something ..

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

wait a sec, this IS advent children >_>

14.jpg

Urban Scholar said:
Actually he's on the top tier list(post #16). I'm not kidding in saying that if you used him efficiently you would be whopping arse left and right. Then the same could be said about anyone. Tidus is in my top 3 of fighters in game.

he must have felt sorry for me then....cuz everyone else just beat me like I owed them money

Synless said:
This install is killing me, there is no reason an install should take this long especially one that's barely over 500Mb's.
I started installing as soon as I got home (over an hour ago), I cleaned up my entire kitchen with 3 days worth of dishes and it's still going. Anyways I'm really excited. If you buy at Best Buy it comes pre-packaged with the calender.

rataven

mistuhcahlos said:
Anyways I'm really excited. If you buy at Best Buy it comes pre-packaged with the calender.
The calendar's pretty nice. Better quality than I expected. Mmmmm July.

Finished the install so my Dissidia-athon starts now. Loved the victory music at the end of the install :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I got into media blackout pretty early and I'm surprised at how feature packed this is. Played for a while and I'm still trying to grasp all the concepts and what A does to B and whatever. I'm already feeling it though, besides still not being 100% sure of everything (I'm usually very OCD about understanding every little number and aspect that's going on in the screen with games).

Was going to start with Tidus but I'm playing Cloud's story first due to difficulty stars sequence sake. Fights were very easy so far but there was an optional Fake Terra of sorts with 1 HP and lots of bravery that dodged like crazy that was fun as hell.

And I lol'd so hard when I watched this earlier today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJM-VbPAH48&fmt=22
(Kefka battle intro spoilers)

Enjoying it. Only major complaint so far would be the amount of load times (even when installed) but I was kind of expecting it.

I thought I'd initially go by chapter difficulty when deciding what Destiny to choose...but going by game (FFI then FFII etc) just seemed the right thing to do. :D

Top Bottom