• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about physics - the official Dissidia Final Fantasy thread

Is the setup of the second stage from the demo in the final game? The one with the EX core right in front of you? I was amazed at how broken it was, every fight on that level took me about 10 seconds to finish because of that.

B.K.

I just watched a video of Kefka and Terra because I wanted to see how Dave Wittenburg is as Kefka. Does he remind anyone else of Mark Hamill's Joker voice? :lol

I think I'm gonna main Kefka. When I played the import, I liked Tidus though.

Edit: Has there been a confirmed download version for PSP Go? Not necessarily buying one, but I want to see how serious Sony is about DD.

Darkone said:
Can it be played Online VS other people or only PSP to PSP with a friend?

Ad Hoc locally, no infrastructure. Now it can be played online via the PS3. I have more details in the OP on this. I won't be able to confirm until I get more feedback from Gaf.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Urban you are the man! I was just bitching the other day in Kagari's FXIII Thread about where the hell this thread was :D

Ha-ha thanks for the kind words friend! I would have liked to have it up days sooner but stuff came up. : )

Kuraudo

Banned
Beat the JP version a few months ago and I've no immediate desire to replay it anytime soon, but I'm a sucker for pretty boxes and useless extras so I've got the UK LE preordered.

Solideliquid said:
So, I've heard the story isn't something to write home about?

The story is abysmal, but the cut scenes are pretty entertaining regardless.

I can't wait to try this game out, looks like a lot of fun.

Oh, since I'm gonna be out buying this on Tuesday, can anyone recommend me some PSP games? The only games I have are Tekken 5 and Monster Hunter. I played Crisis Core and God of War and I'm all set with those. I guess I'm looking for any good action and rpg games and would appreciate the help.

I just got the call from Gamestop. Or at least they tried to get the call through. "Ashley from Gamestop" sounded like she was a DJ Steve Porter remix video. I think she was pronouncing 'Dissidia' right for whatever that's worth.

It's shipping tomorrow to be in stores on Tuesday right?

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
I just got the call from Gamestop. Or at least they tried to get the call through. "Ashley from Gamestop" sounded like she was a DJ Steve Porter remix video. I think she was pronouncing 'Dissidia' right for whatever that's worth.

It's shipping tomorrow to be in stores on Tuesday right?

If your local GS is opening midnight for Batman AA you can pick your game at midnight on Monday. Yeah Ashley called me too, I try talking dirty to her but alas it never works. :lol

Urban Scholar said:
If your local GS is opening midnight for Batman AA you can pick your game at midnight on Monday. Yeah Ashley called me too, I try talking dirty to her but alas it never works. :lol
Oooo, delightful twist. Shame it's about an hour total to walk to the mall and back, and I might get jumped at the park on the way or something. I might settle for stopping by the mall during morning run.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Oooo, delightful twist. Shame it's about an hour total to walk to the mall and back, and I might get jumped at the park on the way or something. I might settle for stopping by the mall during morning run.

Shoot, sounds like my neighborhood at night. With fall term starting that day, I'm just going to pick it up after classes that day....and then best buy to see if I can score a calendar

TheChillyAcademic said:
So are we gonna do what we did in the JP Official Thread? Each of us pick a character that is "us" to battle with? :p

Um... I don't know. Onion Knight is my favorite but I don't exactly fall into the category of pre-adolescent power house. I think I just wrote something condensing about myself right there :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
2jed5l0.png

That wasn't in the Japanese version...

fernoca

I've been out of the loop, so..
Is Ad-Hoc Party officially out in the US?

Or do I have to do the whole japanese download trick?

fernoca said:
I've been out of the loop, so..
Is Ad-Hoc Party officially out in the US?

Or do I have to do the whole japanese download trick?

Yep japanese ad hoc for now. They trade marked it for the US but who knows when they'll release it.

Pixe said:

Yep not surprising in the least. When most fighters and RPGs get updates for western releases a re tuned release for Japan is in the cards.

So Gamestop called me and told me they're having a midnight party for this, I'm calling them later to see if they actually are. While I wouldn't go from 10-12, I have off tomorrow and would like to pick up my Dissidia bundle tonight @ midnight :D

Urban Scholar said:

:lol :lol Keep trying, you'll get her eventually.

Ahhh, that explains why they're selling Dissidia tonight @ midnight, they have Batman to sell :p

I got my AA off Amazon, oh well.

demosthenes said:
:lol :lol Keep trying, you'll get her eventually.

Ahhh, that explains why they're selling Dissidia tonight @ midnight, they have Batman to sell :p

I got my AA off Amazon, oh well.

Considering Batman AA is like $20 less off amazon makes sense to me. After the acquisition of Eidios these releases are going to rake in some big bucks for S-E.

i must be lucky. I got a text message from Gamestop to tell me to pick up my game Tuesday Morning. Don't care about picking it up at midnight if there is one for AA here. I can wait ;P

rataven

neoism said:
Has anybody's order on amazon shipped, I'm using day of release, and they haven't done anything yet!??
Same here. Haven't received my "order shipped" email yet. Come on Amazon, don't let me down!

Wasn't that crazy about the demo, but putting all of these characters against each other in the full game should be entertaining. Cecil, Bartz, Zidane, Terra, Squall have my favor going in. Too bad my usually preferred "strong secondaries" can't become mains here, like Steiner and Auron.

If I bite early, the Target $10 gc deal helps bring the asking price to an acceptable level.

Defensor said:
Universal Tuning? Sounds like something Namco would use with their Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune racing series. I wonder what the new content will be.

Pretty sure its exactly what were getting with the western release but for Japan.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
So anybody have any ideas of whom they'll main already or are you just going to play with everyone to find that right fighter?
Kefka.

The minute we knew he was in there was no other.

He's my new Captain Olimar.

*hugs*

Man, I went to Gamestop earlier today cause I thought this game came out already. I can't wait to get this tomorrow, I've been playing the demo like crazy since it came out. Cecil FTW!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Spoilers for the secret characters follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMGMYfMRsYs&fmt=18

I was considering why the hell did they change Gabranth's voice actor from FFXII when I decided to check it up for myself. It seems that they got Keith Ferguson, aka Basch, to voice the Judge in here. It's kind of a fuck up from the Japanese release, which had Akio Ohtsuka playing Gabranth in both Dissidia and FFXII, but it does make a lot more sense now, what with the Quickenings and the whole you know what.

Shantotto's VA reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII. I want a Dissidia: Dragon Quest. :(

Regulus Tera said:
Spoilers for the secret characters follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMGMYfMRsYs&fmt=18

I was considering why the hell did they change Gabranth's voice actor from FFXII when I decided to check it up for myself. It seems that they got Keith Ferguson, aka Basch, to voice the Judge in here. It's kind of a fuck up from the Japanese release, which had Akio Ohtsuka playing Gabranth in both Dissidia and FFXII, but it does make a lot more sense now, what with the Quickenings and the whole you know what.

Shantotto's VA reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII. I want a Dissidia: Dragon Quest. :(
I love the way
Cosmos looks at Shantotto, as if thinking to herself, "Wait, did our two warriors get swapped or something" after Shantotto says such a delightfully evil line.

Regulus Tera said:

Hmm food for thought. I don't know about that last one though....

Dr. Chaos said:
Kefka.

The minute we knew he was in there was no other.

He's my new Captain Olimar.

*hugs*

You son of a BITCH!!!!

:D

I was gonna use him!! Well if he's taken...I'll end up using Ultimecia.

Edit: Wait, I thought you said Kuja.

HA, I'm home free, Kuja for me!

Monocle

Well GAF, I watched GameTrailers' review video and decided I need Dissidia this week. I poked around and uncovered a $5 off code, which makes me feel a little less down on myself for breaking my policy against impulse buys.

The code is "SAVE5DIS" without the quotes. It expires today, August 24th. If you want in on the deal, pre-order Dissidia through Amazon and enter the code on the checkout page. The order qualifies for free shipping, so as long as you don't mind waiting for about five days for your game, it's a great deal.

Monocle said:
Well GAF, I watched GameTrailers' review video and decided I need Dissidia this week. I poked around and uncovered a $5 off code, which makes me feel a little less down on myself for breaking my policy against impulse buys.

The code is "SAVE5DIS" without the quotes. It expires today, August 24th. If you want in on the deal, pre-order Dissidia through Amazon and enter the code on the checkout page. The order qualifies for free shipping, so as long as you don't mind waiting for about five days for your game, it's a great deal.
Buy in-store at Target and get a $10 gift card. Even better, to me.

Monocle said:
Oh, good deal. I might have to cancel my order. Any idea how long it'll be going on for?
"Quantity limited. No rain checks." I'd say give them a call and find out if they're offering it tomorrow, and if so, go as soon as possible. If you can't make it in a reasonable time frame (within the first day), I'd just stick to Amazon.

It's listed on page 16-17 of the weekly ad, if you go to their website.

Top Bottom