• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula Fusion Launch trailer. June 1st release date on steam.

I have no major stutters at all on my 1070 but max settings 1080p cannot hold 60fps always.

may be data access related?

Have a i5 6600k overclocked, 16GB DDR4-3000 & installed to SSD.

i'd expect a 1070 to manage 1080p/60 on this considering how it looks, but the stutters could be a data access thing yeah - i'm HDD only with same CPU and RAM as you.

Bought this and Redout today. I lean Redout as the better feeling of the two but FF is still pretty good. Decent price at the moment also.

WipedOut

running a 1080ti on this with a Ryzen 1800x and hitting anywhere from 60 to 100 FPS at 1440p. Game is pretty fun and feels very much like wipeout. Nice that they got Designers Republic on board.

WipedOut

Looks more like Wipeout than Redout does. But man, what a bad time to launch.

Different platform, guy from the art team on wipeout 3, they have designers republic, really does have that wipeout feel. Only negative I have is that the ship models seem a little on the large side.

ViRGE

Neo Member
Just played a few minutes. It's pretty rough for coming out of Early Access. Most notable are the framerate issues in campaign--apparently the AI vehicles are causing massive framerate drops. I can't keep a steady 60fps on a GTX 1080, which seems pretty ridiculous to me. Sound cuts out during the stutters too. The devs already know about the issue and plan to fix it post-launch, but still unfortunate to see.
Unfortunately I have to concur with this.

As an original backer I've been keeping an eye on the development of the game. It's been making good progress, but it's not yet a complete game. It's half a game that's received a much-needed coat of polish, and unfortunately hasn't been as tested as well as it should be. To be clear it's playable (at least if your performance is good enough), but even if it's evaluated as a whole game - that is to say a small, $20 game - it's still rough around the edges for a 1.0 game.

Unfortunately it looks like the developers didn't have a choice here. The Kickstarter wasn't a massive success, and judging from some of their comments, it sounds like they need more revenue to sustain development. So the EA has been polished and made the release version. It's a real gamble here; the devs are now forced to sell the game for half-off ($20 instead of $40), and the game will be treated as and reviewed as a finished game.

I still have faith that this can be a good game, as the necessary groundwork is all there. But it needs to bake for another 6 months to a year to reach its full potential. And given the reasons for releasing it in this state, I worry a bit that the developers won't be able to finish it.

Unfortunately I have to concur with this.

As an original backer I've been keeping an eye on the development of the game. It's been making good progress, but it's not yet a complete game. It's half a game that's received a much-needed coat of polish, and unfortunately hasn't been as tested as well as it should be. To be clear it's playable (at least if your performance is good enough), but even if it's evaluated as a whole game - that is to say a small, $20 game - it's still rough around the edges for a 1.0 game.

Unfortunately it looks like the developers didn't have a choice here. The Kickstarter wasn't a massive success, and judging from some of their comments, it sounds like they need more revenue to sustain development. So the EA has been polished and made the release version. It's a real gamble here; the devs are now forced to sell the game for half-off ($20 instead of $40), and the game will be treated as and reviewed as a finished game.

I still have faith that this can be a good game, as the necessary groundwork is all there. But it needs to bake for another 6 months to a year to reach its full potential. And given the reasons for releasing it in this state, I worry a bit that the developers won't be able to finish it.

Reading this makes me feel bad. I've just asked for a refund on steam, first time ever.
In its current state, the game is nowhere near what I was hopping for.
Asside from performance issues, I think FF desperatly needs some tutorials. Also, the AI is strange: in about 10 races, I would systematicaly finish 8th no matter what.

Just played the demo. I bought this several months ago while it was still in Early Access and I had to refund it because it was hot garbage. However, I have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised with its current state.

Now, to be clear, it's still very obviously unpolished. The menus and overall UX is extremely amateurish, and with everything maxed out at 1080p I experience some minor framerate drops, which shouldn't be happening on an i7 6700k and a GTX 1070 with 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM and an SSD. However the gameplay itself, the weapons and ESPECIALLY the handling is so, so very vastly improved that I can't help but commend the devs on such an achievement. Not long ago, the game was simply disgusting to play. Now, it can trade blows with any of the WipEout Omega campaigns in terms of handling.

Price is still too steep for such little content, amateur UX and relatively shoddy performance (it is totally playable on my 1070 at least, though). But the improvement has been sudden and unbelievable, and if they can keep this up, I'll have to end up buying it.

Also, the AI is strange: in about 10 races, I would systematicaly finish 8th no matter what.
You need to remember to use your Boost charge whenever you reach a relatively straight portion of the track, and be aggressive when it comes to using your weapons and taking down ships in front of you, as well as using the defensive utilities when they get close. Oh, and make sure not to miss the boost pads.

I can win the demo race consistently, not sure if the full game is any harder.

Top Bottom