• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

HiiiLife

Shotgun is way to good early game. Every gun has a long TTK except that gun

Snipers also kind of blow

It's the aiming. Something about ADS in this game just feels off.

Kinda weird considering these are the dudes who made Gears (which feels repsonsive and satisfying).

Finally had a good round and got 4th place. It gets fucking tense when you get down to the last few people. Feels like I'm finally getting a good handle on the map after 4 or 5 rounds.

Goddamn, fortnite sucking pubg viewers on twitch.

brand new game, major studio, 3 platforms, not sure why this is surprising to see it passing PUBG in viewers early on. it remains to be seen if it can be done consistently.

not bitching though, I really like this and I think it's more fun to watch than PUBG even if it's currently not quite as developed content-wise.

Amagon

After playing a few matches, I like the depth of controls that PUBG presented and combat better than this.

Feels like I'm playing a dumb down version of PUBG.

Jawmuncher

After playing a few matches, I like the depth of controls that PUBG presented and combat better than this.

Yeah. Played a few matches today and that’s my gist as well. BUT for being free and the only option on PS4 really atm it does what it needs to.

wig

Just played my first match (PS4) and made it to #7! That was really fun. I wish there was a tutorial tho. I still haven't figured out how the building works.

Haven't played PUBG but I am glad it's better.

I like Fortnite: BR but it's lacking something. I am not a huge fan of the character designs or building mechanic. It's like playing World of Minecraft:BR or something. Looks off for what I want.

It will hold me over until PUBG hits Xbox One.

Your glider turns into an umbrella for winning.

tumblr_oumura4v5H1sc0ffqo7_1280.gif

Goddamn, fortnite sucking pubg viewers on twitch.

You're right, just took a look. Though to be fair, seems like they have a sponsored stream with shroud which is giving it half of the viewership, he's a huge get pubg fan.

Personally, dont see it stretching out on twitch. Looking forward to playing the game when I get home though!

Z3M0G

I think they have a problem before them. I suspect ps4 at least wont handle 100 players that all look unique... so how can they add in customization?

arimanius

Yeah. Played a few matches today and that’s my gist as well. BUT for being free and the only option on PS4 really atm it does what it needs to.

I'm not a fan of it after several matches. It does feel dumbed down and the cartoony graphic style turns me off.

You guys have to remember that this is an arcade take on BR. Plus this mode has only been out for a couple of weeks and they have already tweaked it a lot. So I would expect lots of changes and additions to come.

After playing two games with buddies on ps4 earlier i can say that:

1* It's very fun to be able to do a somewhat "PUBG-lite" experience with those specifics friends that don't own pc.
2* The core gameplay and tension still work and it's fun, for now.
3* I doubt it will be able to stay when the PUBG hurricane get to console.

I have 310 hours in PUBG and i don't think this game will be available to keep me a long time on it, since it does lack the "hardcoreness" of the OG, that is a relatively realistic and hard to master combat system. This feel a lot more arcade-ish.

But in anyway, i'm really happy that it does exist and i can play this with all my console-friends. I hope it force Bluepoint to release the game quicker.

arimanius

Loving the game so far, but is anyone else extremely annoyed by 'crouch' being assigned to the L1 button on the PS4?

That and the build button being circle really messed me up at the beginning. I've gotten use to it after a week of playing and it doesn't bother me to much anymore.

My first game with the new update was an easy win. Loving all the new players :p

I like the ammo tweaks but I finished that game with 21 rockets. Maybe a bit crazy?

Damn, not too shabby for a free to play on console. Bluehole better speed it up

Kinda getting excited for this download to finish on PS4...

If anything I'm happy PU feels some discomfort in waiting so long to 1. finish his game 2. release it on console. Hope that Microsoft money was enough to justify losing first dibs on PS4 base :p

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
2 wins in a row in squad where I solo'd lol. Quadra kills are fun stuff in this game and relatively easy to do with op shotguns.

Did they up the shield potions? I've won 2 in a row now with 2 potions to spare in my inventory. They seem much easier to find now.

The scoped AR is soooooooo broken it's not even funny.

arimanius

Did they up the shield potions? I've won 2 in a row now with 2 potions to spare in my inventory. They seem much easier to find now.

The scoped AR is soooooooo broken it's not even funny.

No I don't believe they did. I checked the notes and didn't see anything about it.

Played a few games on PC. Felt like lag but may just be that my old computer can't handle it. Gunplay feels a bit awkward there as well but I haven't played a third person shooter on PC in a long time, so again, could just be me.

Game is super fun though. Prefer playing on console. Once I get the controls for building down pat, this will be crazy good.

lonerism

Damn, this was a genius move from Epic games

Downloading right now on PS4, never played any BR before but the hype is strong with this one. Suck it Bluehole and your exclusive bs deal

Feels bad my first match I totally didn't know what the hell I was doing build two walls around this house and nobody ever found me until there was only 5 of us left lol. Top 5 doing nothing. Now I'll actually try next time
PS4 here everybody must have been new

Chase17

Feels bad my first match I totally didn't know what the hell I was doing build two walls around this house and nobody ever found me until there was only 5 of us left lol. Top 5 doing nothing. Now I'll actually try next time
PS4 here everybody must have been new

I've found that the more I try, the faster I lose lol.

Not seeing anyone all match seems to be the best course of action.

Maybe a silly question.. but can you swim in the lake? The one time I was tempted I was on a roll and didn't want to risk death. Good thing too because I got to second that match.

Dubz

3 questions.

1) are there duos?

2) how do you mark the map on PS4

3) how do you spectate team mates after you die on Ps4?

Top Bottom