• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Wallach

Alright, I'm gonna jump into this today.

How is the solo aspect to this? Like if I know I only have X amount of time to play and want to just jump in and out relatively quickly (so I don't wind up bailing on other players), can you still make some progress?

KodaRuss

Anyone know how to get the red sword for the Ninja class? Seen someone using it the other day. Looks like the sword from MGS Rising.

Also how do you get the White armor for Ninja?

No idea, but I love your avatar!

Once you complete all of the missions what is next? I have done about 10-12

hollomat

Banned
Thank you for the de-construction tip but I think that's a mechanic that needs to be added. You also can't seem to move traps once you've placed them so if you want to do reconstruction, you have basically wasted that resource. Base building is my favorite mechanic so far but boy does it come with it's own share of frustrations that seem to be little more than needless time wasters and not something you can pay-to-fix.

Crating sub-components for weapon crafting was the most confusing part to me. Take "Blasting Powder" as an example. It has two sub-components. I had plenty of one resource but not the other. As far as I can tell, it only give you an icon of what that item is and not the actually name. Turns out the little black square was coal but it was a mystery until I randomly looted that material. If you have a material in your inventory, it also tells you were it can commonly be looted. You can file this under the "I might be missing something" category but an encyclopedia of materials would be nice.

What materials are you missing? A habit I fell into early own was that I'd just use my pickax for gathering. You want to loot (hold square on PS4) as much as you can to gather crafting materials.

Blasting powder and copper ore.

bender

What time is it?
Blasting powder and copper ore.

You can craft blasting powder (Coal + Rough Ore). I believe you can mine copper ore from caves on the outskirts of maps but I could be wrong. Copper ore is also often a quest reward and I think can be found in treasure chests.

Palmer_v1

One in game interface issue I have is when there are rewards or other things I've dropped showing up in the distance. Like "Palmer_v1's Reward", but I have no intention of running across the map to get it, and it clutters the screen up and makes chaotic combat even worse.

Is there some setting to disable those?

Kaelan

Thank you for the de-construction tip but I think that's a mechanic that needs to be added. You also can't seem to move traps once you've placed them so if you want to do reconstruction, you have basically wasted that resource. Base building is my favorite mechanic so far but boy does it come with it's own share of frustrations that seem to be little more than needless time wasters and not something you can pay-to-fix.

Crating sub-components for weapon crafting was the most confusing part to me. Take "Blasting Powder" as an example. It has two sub-components. I had plenty of one resource but not the other. As far as I can tell, it only give you an icon of what that item is and not the actually name. Turns out the little black square was coal but it was a mystery until I randomly looted that material. If you have a material in your inventory, it also tells you were it can commonly be looted. You can file this under the "I might be missing something" category but an encyclopedia of materials would be nice.

What materials are you missing? A habit I fell into early own was that I'd just use my pickax for gathering. You want to loot (hold square on PS4) as much as you can to gather crafting materials.

If you inspect blasting power and move the right analog stick over to crafting it shows you the name of the items it needs and where to find them

Reading through their answers they really didn't answer anything they are just saying "Yeah that would be cool!" which is a bit concerning. For instance doesn't seem clan/guild system with shared base is even on the roadmap.

I mean they did say events will be a big part of fortnite and that we'll be able to to see our backpack outside of missions. imo they are focusing on fixing improvements and what not atm while not wanting to reveal their hand for any big changes coming soon

Anyone know how to get the red sword for the Ninja class? Seen someone using it the other day. Looks like the sword from MGS Rising.

Also how do you get the White armor for Ninja?

It's from choosing the Ninja as your ultimate edition choice of legendary heroes you choose one of the 4 classes and you get a legendary male and female version of the class with an exclusive weapon that has an upgradable quest to make them stronger... this one is specifically the ninja weapon. Now whether or not they have a version of the schematic to loot I do not know but currently you'd have to buy the $150 ultimate edition and choose the ninja, or after that paying another $100 more for the super ultimate edition which unlocks all those exclusive classes.

Both the white outfit ninjas start with a simple kinda Gi outfit and then as you upgrade them they will get the hood and other accents.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Reading through their answers they really didn't answer anything they are just saying "Yeah that would be cool!" which is a bit concerning. For instance doesn't seem clan/guild system with shared base is even on the roadmap.

Don't read into that answer. It would be a bad idea for us to commit to any one thing publicly without being able to put a date on something. Because things in development change and shuffle, if we said "We're definitely doing X," we'd never hear the end of it until we did X. Even if we did awesome thing Y and Z (and X was on there somewhere), people would still say "BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE GONNA DO X."

Without getting specific, I will say there's a lot in store for players. Don't be worried about content. Like.. at all. But there's about 300+ hours worth of game in this thing right NOW, so don't be in a rush to know what's next. Try to enjoy what's there now! :)

Shredderi

I have a few questions:

Say I only need to find 2 med kits etc to finish a quest, do I have to wait for those "16mins till extraction" etc.? I can't just do what I need and be out of there in a minute or two? I have to suffer through all the additional objectives?

Also, does evolving characters really do anything? I play with outlander for now and I evolved him but I don't feel like I'm better or more powerful. I got a tracer blink ability that has absolutely no usage for me. What do I actually do with this blink ability? I guess I'm just not feeling the character progress.

cobell

I have a few questions:

Say I only need to find 2 med kits etc to finish a quest, do I have to wait for those "16mins till extraction" etc.? I can't just do what I need and be out of there in a minute or two? I have to suffer through all the additional objectives?

Also, does evolving characters really do anything? I play with outlander for now and I evolved him but I don't feel like I'm better or more powerful. I got a tracer blink ability that has absolutely no usage for me. What do I actually do with this blink ability? I guess I'm just not feeling the character progress.

Usually those collect X quests require a mission success to count. So yes, you need to finish fully.

Evolving essentially gives you access to the next set of traits and next set of 10 levels. So yes it is useful depending on the rarity of your hero and what level content you are trying to do.

Spence

Don't read into that answer. It would be a bad idea for us to commit to any one thing publicly without being able to put a date on something. Because things in development change and shuffle, if we said "We're definitely doing X," we'd never hear the end of it until we did X. Even if we did awesome thing Y and Z (and X was on there somewhere), people would still say "BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE GONNA DO X."

Without getting specific, I will say there's a lot in store for players. Don't be worried about content. Like.. at all. But there's about 300+ hours worth of game in this thing right NOW, so don't be in a rush to know what's next. Try to enjoy what's there now! :)

I'm already playing it and gotten halfway in the second area and it's a bit repetitive and lacking. The base is polished but it needs way deeper meta game and more team-promoting mechanics.

Maximus P

I have a few questions:

I did the medical kit mission a few hours ago. I'm pretty sure it asks you to collect 2 medical supplies in 'successfull' missions, so no you can't skip it.

Ive evolved my outlander to level 2 and he has the phase shift warp thingy ability now, which is great for getting out of certain situations. I suppose some characters will benefit more than others for evolution. They'll also make better characters to send on gathering and collecting expeditions as they rely deeply on level.

Shredderi

I did the medical kit mission a few hours ago. I'm pretty sure it asks you to collect 2 medical supplies in 'successfull' missions, so no you can't skip it.

Ive evolved my outlander to level 2 and he has the phase shift warp thingy ability now, which is great for getting out of certain situations. I suppose some characters will benefit more than others for evolution. They'll also make better characters to send on gathering and collecting expeditions as they rely deeply on level.

Yeah, but the phase shift ability... I thought that would be for Ninja class or something. I would have hoped for something more immediately useful and not something so situational xD

B-Dex

Why do the missions bug out and give 0 XP?

Also my game got stuck on the loading screen afterwards now I'm in a 6 minute queue to log back in.

On PS4

Tecnniqe

Banned
Great. Was gonna log in for my tech collection which is assuredly full before I leave for the day and now I'm stuck on "Patching" and various errors.

Great....

Wallach

Why do the missions bug out and give 0 XP?

Also my game got stuck on the loading screen afterwards now I'm in a 6 minute queue to log back in.

On PS4

The servers apparently just decided to take a dive right as I decided to log in and try this. Everything went boom when I finished the first tutorial.

deoee

Great. Was gonna log in for my tech collection which is assuredly full before I leave for the day and now I'm stuck on "Patching" and various errors.

Great....

image.php

B-Dex

Giving links to your broken dead website also isn't a hot look either. Can't read details if the site doesn't load.

Ramirez

So, what's the trick to Defender's not running out of ammo? 10 seconds in and my guy just starts spamming "I need ammo", I couldn't find a way to give him any either.

FX-GMC

So, what's the trick to Defender's not running out of ammo? 10 seconds in and my guy just starts spamming "I need ammo", I couldn't find a way to give him any either.

Drop ammo from your inventory (will ask you how much you want to drop) near the defender spawn.

Nialrot

Hit the backpack and click to drop it near them.

But yea they soak through ammo.

Tei

Neo Member
I just started doing missions in the second zone.

Is kind of .... awesome?... you find miniboses more often, and the world feel ... like more scary. Also people have higher level toons (So look better) and cool weapons.

I want to play this cool game with the cool kids and have cool fun. Please servers, get your shit right quick :D
---

Also I just unlocked the flyiing drone. Don't seems to be very efective. The airstrike seems somewhat better. I will stick at it, probably need some solid inversion in tech to make it works.

ryseing

Not doing this queue shit. Nope.

MMOs it's slightly more acceptable, but not for a EA game where there's a $40 min buy-in.

I'll try later.

MikeDown

Banned
I'm not too far in but does the game get any more difficult further along and is there any possible way to replay missions? Hopefully the devs support this game post launch, unlike Unreal Tournament

Top Bottom