• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

chixdiggit

Just to confirm... there is no way to mess with your backpack /inventory in the starting menus, correct? Only while actually playing a map?

If anyone wants to group up on PS4 send a friend request to Nestled_Grizzly. Love to have some people to play with. I'm power level 4 almost 5 right now.

Check out the PSN community we started called GAFortnite, I'll add you as well but we made a community Hub on PSN so we could leave posts and try to make more static groups then just pugging!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hope servers are good tomorrow

Need sleep wanted at least push through some missions tonight

Oh wells

Spoo

Holy hell this is becoming an all day problem even after a full 6 hours of maintenance yesterday? And they have *no* ETA as of yet?

These guys seem a tad wee bit incompetent.

R0ckman

Holy hell this is becoming an all day problem even after a full 6 hours of maintenance yesterday? And they have *no* ETA as of yet?

Checked reddit, internal testing now, should have an ETA soon.

darkwing

this is a technical problem, after working with IT for 2 decades, no ETA means they have no idea what causes it, first step is to find out what's causing it, 2nd is how to fix it, if it's a fundamental problem in the software side, that's going to be a nightmare

capacity problems don't usually pop up in internal testing

Welp, guess this is as good a time as any to say Im def looking forward to finding other Gaffers to play this with! Hypeness from fortnite gaf convinced me to pick it up.

Def add me on PSN or PC... Username/PSN tag is same as Gaf name...Ill be sure and look up the group on PSN as well.

Oh, and if I may ask... anyone know some good resources/videos for learnin about the main systems of the game? Was reading a bit through the wiki, and I realize there are definitely a lot of things Im trying to wrap my head around. (and I haven't even finished the tutorial) heh

Spoo

this is a technical problem, after working with IT for 2 decades, no ETA means they have no idea what causes it, first step is to find out what's causing it, 2nd is how to fix it, if it's a fundamental problem in the software side, that's going to be a nightmare

capacity problems don't usually pop up in internal testing

I hear you, and while I'm disappointed (I picked the wrong day to quit smoking lol), I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the process of technical issues.

That said, these things usually don't take that long to identify the problem -- fixing it can be another thing altogether, but it seems like they didn't really know what was going on for a long while.

Hope they get it up before the end of the night. Would love to play some more.

R0ckman

I hear you, and while I'm disappointed (I picked the wrong day to quit smoking lol), I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the process of technical issues.

That said, these things usually don't take that long to identify the problem -- fixing it can be another thing altogether, but it seems like they didn't really know what was going on for a long while.

Hope they get it up before the end of the night. Would love to play some more.

Idk, where I work, rolling back is like the "I hope this fixes it" last resort thing. It usually works for them. Never saw what happened during a failed roll back nor do I want to find out.

mas8705

Well, I got in, but I got a four minute wait time before I get in.

Part of me wonders if this is just because the game just launched officially and thus the giant wave of players is slowing things down or if this will be the norm now for anyone who wants in.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well, I got in, but I got a four minute wait time before I get in.

Part of me wonders if this is just because the game just launched officially and thus the giant wave of players is slowing things down or if this will be the norm now for anyone who wants in.

They enforce queue times to balance things at launches. It helps prevent users from indavetantrly bringing the servers back down.

The same thing happens for the first hour or so of early access.

Wallach

Hm... well, I had to re-do the first tutorial mission again, though that wasn't a big deal. Crashed during the loading screen of the second mission though.

Guess I'll grab the latest Nvidia drivers before trying to jump back into the queue.

Archpath1

Yo. 500 V BUCKS if you get your collection book to 20 or 25 can't remember but a reward to look forward to for yall

I'm at lvl30 some pretty good stuff

This fucking magnum is the tits.
700 headshot Crits wit my pistol bonus

Lmao. Just did the storm defense 5. Two amplifiers to defend. Didn't have a fort up for A. Just B. I didn't realize I had No mats. Luckily I asked for help.

Maddrical

Will be keeping a keen eye on this thread as I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to buy this. It looks pretty good but I'm a wee bit concerned about the crafting grind.

Just got home and the servers are back up, yay!

Also, what's the best way to get ammo? I run out quick lol.

harvest them cars and probably check anything checkable. like scrap piles, trash bins, etc.

got my boat for expedition.

also i have like 2 or 3 skills left on page 1 of the skill tree sans the 3 that require me to finish at least storm defense 7.

inventory is up to 65 (got it from the skill tree, and one from research tree)

Farm items that give you nuts and bolts, then make more. Just keep in mind that nuts and bolts are also used to make most traps.

harvest them cars and probably check anything checkable. like scrap piles, trash bins, etc.

got my boat for expedition.

also i have like 2 or 3 skills left on page 1 of the skill tree sans the 3 that require me to finish at least storm defense 7.

inventory is up to 65 (got it from the skill tree, and one from research tree)

Thanks guys.

Kaelan

Just noticed you can give people perm to build stuff in your base via the storm shield menus.. wow lol was wondering how to do that

Tecnniqe

Banned
Would be pretty cool if we had a guild or clan base or something where we defend for rewards and that's permanent to everyone in said group instead of individual homebases which also allows you to advance your homebase level.

Kaelan

Wow so, I don't know if I'm dumb but if you press up on the dpad you get a map of the whole area you're in. This makes it easier to find things such as encampments etc I can't believe I never knew this lol, im pretty sure the game never told you this but idk

Got my first golden llama upgrade today. Plenty of silvers in the past but this gold one was quite nice!

mHpE1kX.jpg

Would be pretty cool if we had a guild or clan base or something where we defend for rewards and that's permanent to everyone in said group instead of individual homebases which also allows you to advance your homebase level.

Hopefully something we will see in the near future! I have high hopes for a decent amount of support... Paragon recieved lots of updates, overhauls, and new features on a fairly quick basis when it was in EA and if we get even half the care it should be good!

I'm really hoping for some fun events, that have some really cool themed weapons and traps. I've seen people drop some neat things like Bear Turrets, so I'm hoping that as the Storm rages and we have to survive on with new content maybe things get a little crazy and the weapons/traps get funky!

They talked about this is the AMA. It'll probably end up in the game, but don't count on it happening soon. Not entirely sure how quick these devs are in terms of pushing out new content.

Wow so, I don't know if I'm dumb but if you press up on the dpad you get a map of the whole area you're in. This makes it easier to find things such as encampments etc I can't believe I never knew this lol, im pretty sure the game never told you this but idk

It did in one of the first couple missions she has you bring it up so you can study your surroundings... you'd be surprised how much info Ruby dispenses seems a lot of people are missing these thing either by rushing or not paying attention.

The game has a lot of menu systems and meta-type things to do and it does a fairly decent job of explaining.

They talked about this is the AMA. It'll probably end up in the game, but don't count on it happening soon. Not entirely sure how quick these devs are in terms of pushing out new content.

If it's even half as good as Paragon was by them, we should be in a pretty good boat.

Hate triple posting haha but I just wanna put it out there, the game really opens up after storm base defense 3!

Still have a few of the main tutorial missions still but once you get passed Storm Base defense 3 and you unlock the map quests and the areas to choose from you totally get the opportunity to really get into zones to farm tons of nuts and bolts, find treasure, ammo, and copper and the game just really opens up for the better.

The expeditions and collection book when unlocked really help things come together. The daily quests and challenges while they seem like a lot will get you so much exp, and time to farm other stuff while still completeing them and getting their rewards. Everything is really just starting to fall in place and make sense!

I totally just advise people to get past that Storm Base defense 3 and get into the real meat of the game and really watch it open up to what it is meant to be.

Top Bottom