• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

tips:
- do not use the collection book first until you know what you are doing. it consume schematics that are hard to get and important
- the first area is a tutorial, its suppose to be easy and chill
- upgrade whatever you like, you can always break it to get your xp back
- probably load your home base often to clean the inventory, place the traps still in your inventory

Thanks, I guess I'll plug through the tutorial and try and figure out the collection book once I get a grasp of things. Looking forward to the homebase to be honest, it not being there in the beta made it feel a little hollow.

Figured out how to link the accounts too so I guess I just download it on PC too and good to go. Time to give this a go now on PS4 though!

benzopil

So to fully explore the map (that's one of the achievements) you dont actually need to fully explore it? Looks like as soon as you get a silver medal you can stop running around. You get 25%, 50%, 75% and then medal.

ACE 1991

So what does everyone think of the game so far? I remember reading previews from gaming outlets that were universally lukewarm on Fortnite a month or so ago.

benzopil

So what does everyone think of the game so far? I remember reading previews from gaming outlets that were universally lukewarm on Fortnite a month or so ago.

I'm addicted, can't turn it off for three days in a row. Unfortunate that my PS4 is loud AF and I can't play during evening/night lol.

But it's really fun. I like lootboxes, like crafting, like searching for resources, like upgrading shit etc.

Akronis

It feels like this weird amalgamation of Plants vs. Zombies and Dungeon Defenders. I'm a huge fan so far.

As long as the content keeps rolling, I think this game will last a long time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How do I rebind the mouse wheel up/down for scrolling equipment when the game don't register up or down on the wheel as new input?

I want to invert the wheel selection...

Tei

Neo Member

Is a very fun game, and to me thats enough to like a game.

But on top of that, Fortnite do a few things that no game have done before.

When you are looting you are competing with other player but you also are cooperating.
Not everyone want to build, but theres always at least 1 person that want to build. How can you explain that? it defy the math laws.

Can you imagine a game where very creative people can play with action oriented people and exploring oriented people, and all have fun together? the game is somewhat the United Nations of RPG profiles. In a game like Minecraft all type of gamers would play completely different experiences and in different places of the map and interact loosely, maybe never.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

I'm finding it all kind of dull. Still in the early stages of the game but I haven't been hooked at all. It all looks super pretty though.

DeaDPo0L84

Bonuses can vary greatly even on legendary weapons. I think the exception is heroes always getting the same abilities.

Hmmm i guess that makes sense but kinda sucks since I've already poured a bunch of xp into this particular legendary schematic. Well now I know for the future, feels liie destiny 1 hoping to get good rolls on engrams.

Hmmm i guess that makes sense but kinda sucks since I've already poured a bunch of xp into this particular legendary schematic. Well now I know for the future, feels liie destiny 1 hoping to get good rolls on engrams.

You can always recycle and get the bulk of the exp you invested back.

where do you get a Training Manual? need it for Evolution

You can always inspect an item and the crafting tooltips tell you how to obtain said crafting item.

Training manuals come from recycling relevant schematic, usually rares and higher.

Kaelan

You linked the wrong article.

This sounds too useful. PS4 Pro, optimized for the Outlander Class.

Pro user here, it really does help out. The draw distance felt insane, didn't know it was the pro helping w/ that.

how do you level a hero pass level 10?

You have to "evolve" them, once you evolve them they gain another 10 levels (20 and then another evolution 30 etc). Requires a training manual to do so, which you can get via retiring old heroes or from llamas sometimes. You also need the skill ability to even evolve which is in skill tree 1.

So i'm almost out of the tutorial area (level 19+) and man things are already beginning to get tough. Doing simple things like rescuing a survival/encampments are crazy, the husks aren't messing around anymore

Compsiox

Banned
Im looking to buy this game and i only want to know one thing.

During the tower defense part, do the monsters destroy parts permanently?

PepperedHam

Played with a PC buddy while on PS4 today, so that's a thing that works. It almost seems like it's not supposed to be there because the only way for it to happen is to make sure your account is linked, and you have your friend added onto your Epic launcher friends list, then the PC player has to join your party on his end. Console players can't access the Epic friends list in game or accept invites from PC players but once your PC buddy joins your party you can make them leader anyway so all is good.

Im looking to buy this game and i only want to know one thing.

During the tower defense part, do the monsters destroy parts permanently?

permanently? yes? but you can just re-build it. In a mission whatever fort you built is just gone after the mission. If you are talking about your shield generator area that is your home base. they can destroy it yes, you can just rebuild it though.

Compsiox

Banned
permanently? yes? but you can just re-build it. In a mission whatever fort you built is just gone after the mission. If you are talking about your shield generator area that is your home base. they can destroy it yes, you can just rebuild it though.

Does rebuilding get tedious?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Just got email for $20 off because I had bought Paragon early on. Also "Paragon players, you’ll receive a Fortnite Husk banner to drop on overextended mid-laners in Paragon along with a Paragon icon banner in Fortnite."

hmmm now im tempted lol

Orca

Playing solo would get repetitive. Playing with a group, even with randoms, is a blast.

Played with a PC buddy while on PS4 today, so that's a thing that works. It almost seems like it's not supposed to be there because the only way for it to happen is to make sure your account is linked, and you have your friend added onto your Epic launcher friends list, then the PC player has to join your party on his end. Console players can't access the Epic friends list in game or accept invites from PC players but once your PC buddy joins your party you can make them leader anyway so all is good.

Well that's pretty neat. I'll have to try this.

Archpath1

How the hell do people build so fast.

I was getting to the edit menu by the time other dude laid like 5 different pieces already, this was large radar tower

I just hit random play and side quests and challenges just finished up
It great

Just got email for $20 off because I had bought Paragon early on. Also "Paragon players, you’ll receive a Fortnite Husk banner to drop on overextended mid-laners in Paragon along with a Paragon icon banner in Fortnite."

hmmm now im tempted lol

This....kind of pisses me off. I bought in at the highest level at Paragon, and if I'd have waited four days, I could have gotten $20 off my Fortnite founders pack.

molnizzle

hmmm now im tempted lol

Same. Makes it just $20 for the base pack.

Still not sure I understand this game though. I might just wait until it's actually free.

hmmm now im tempted lol

LOL Fuck them. where's my $20 off. i paid $80 for Paragon's Master Found Pack.

was it because i already bought the game?

Soi-Fong

Just got email for $20 off because I had bought Paragon early on. Also "Paragon players, you'll receive a Fortnite Husk banner to drop on overextended mid-laners in Paragon along with a Paragon icon banner in Fortnite."

hmmm now im tempted lol

I got this too on my account. I got in pretty early for Paragon so I might jump in with one of the founder's packs.

What's the differences between them? Is the Limited Edition worth it?

Being pushed to get it since I heard you get a PS4 copy as well which is pretty awesome.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got this too on my account. I got in pretty early for Paragon so I might jump in with one of the founder's packs.

What's the differences between them? Is the Limited Edition worth it?

Being pushed to get it since I heard you get a PS4 copy as well which is pretty awesome.

You do get the PS4 version when you buy the PC version (or vice versa).

I would recommend getting the base version. You can upgrade in-game for the difference if you feel the game.

I already purchased Fortnite and got the epic email today with a $20 off thing?

WTF I don't get my banner and stuff? I have to buy another pack?

WOW.

FX-GMC

I already purchased Fortnite and got the epic email today with a $20 off thing?

WTF I don't get my banner and stuff? I have to buy another pack?

WOW.

Yeah, I had already purchased it and now am seeing the discounted price after the fact. Haven't decided if I'm going to email their support or not.

Top Bottom