• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

I can't play atm on PC. Played a 3 day survive the storm. Once loading back to the main menu it froze. And since then it hasn't launched. I restarted PC. Then I tried reinstalling and it's stuck in the verify phase.

I guess I'm even more confused as to why the new heros and guns are limited time only then.

Probably because it would kill all other modes. You can farm llama that pay out big whilst collecting lots of legendary weapons and many dupes to melt for transform keys. I'd imagine many people will leave with the full set since it seems to garuntee one legendary weapon per llama.

Sarcasm

I am getting an error on PC saying it can't install due to a process blocking it or something. I have done the steps..ah well guess I won't play lol

http://help.epicgames.com/customer/...-product-or-update-in-the-epic-games-launcher

*^*^ this launcher, it makes ubisofts look nice.

So I deleted the game because none of the solutions work. Than I try to reinstall says it can't. I look and one file can't be deleted. So that was the issue, it was not set to read only, and no reason for it to be invincible to deletion.

Safe mode worked though.

Vic_Viper

Looks like the new Storm event update is live on PC. Its 2.5 gigs.

With all the recent changes to balance, what is considered the best hero class to main? I know NIN had a pretty big advantage before, is there anyone with the advantage now?

Vic_Viper

Are there any Mats/Crafting items that are ok to just drop? Or better yet, which ones should I be keeping no matter what (i.e. Crafting Bolts)? Still at like power level 29 ATM, about halfway done with Plankerton so not very far into the game. But I'm always at almost full inventory and I have no idea which items are needed and which are worthless.

I guess the game just took several hours to verify for some god awful reason. But at least now I can play after having it install over night. Seems like a solid update tbh.

So far I've only done a low level survive the storm and a 46 mutant storm. But also the survivor exp brought me from 38 to 40.

So apparently you can get Mythic/legendaries etc from Llama's without them turning gold/silver. Wonder if it's a fuck up or they actually improved things?

Anyone here got anything like that?

I got a legendary survivor recently, I don't think it was a gold llama.

Redshirt

Banned
So what's the deal with the special storm items?

Do I have to purchase them all before the event ends? Will there be gaps in my collection book otherwise? (Would mess with my gamer OCD.)

They really need to do something about people going AFK. Just had to quit out 7 days into a 14 day survival since one manchild decided he would AFK the whole game even if his friend would have to fail the mission with the rest of us having wasted everyone's time.

Should be a week ban for AFK in a mode like this at least.

So, the update bought back the huge input lag that was fixed in a previous patch on PS4.

Gonna put this game on the back burner until it's fixed, hopefully the event is still on. GG epic.

I think the event is going to be around for a while. But it's not really the event that has me hooked, it's the mutant storms. There are a lot of them, a lot of modifiers afaik (I haven't looked at the list, just seeing them come as I run into them), and the added rewards for doing mutant storms, including the storm tickets. And the various fixes like loot being appropriate for the level you're in. No more 15 power weapons from 40+ zones. No more copper rewards for events outside of stormwood afaik.

The reason I think the event will be around for a long time is because I think they intend to replace the event with a new one each time an event ends. The founder's event was stated to be and actually did last for about a month. And I am expecting this event to last at least a month and replaced with a new event when it ends. A month seems about right for an event like this. New modes every month and it'll keep players coming back for more I think and they'll probably bring back old events with tweaks and improvements to keep it fresh.

Loving the update so far, despite technical issues I had last night and even today. I noticed if I play a couple maps in a row then the game loads really really slow til I restart. I gave feedback on that so hopefully it is addressed.

Definitely loving the mutated storms and the modifiers attached to them.

I'm not strong enough to do any of the higher survival modes, but I did a 3 day 15 one last night. It was pretty fun! I want to dig into the 14 day one this weekend.

But those mutated storms are fantastic.

Yikes this game is running REAL bad on PS4. Even more chunky than last patch

So, the update bought back the huge input lag that was fixed in a previous patch on PS4.

Gonna put this game on the back burner until it's fixed, hopefully the event is still on. GG epic.

images

We are going to be releasing a number of smaller patches over the next week, starting with v.1.5.1.
This patch will smooth out the input lag PS4 players are experiencing.

This is a PS4 only patch.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/.../general-discussion/55678-v-1-5-1-patch-notes

RNGesus has been kind today. My absolute favorite weapon is the shredder, the free weapon cache went gold:

Really damn happy, now to grind the last few resources to upgrade the thing.

Goodness gracious this is a nice weapon. Congrats! Sniper-shottie is a weird combo but god if it doesn't sound incredibly satisfying.

I hear that 14 day survive the storm legendary they're handing out is also pretty good. Half shotgun half assault rifle.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Assault rifle that shoots shotgun shells... I want.

I have Epic Shredder

Have it @PL 49, level 20, 2*
Haven't upgraded due to Malachite Ore needs

Jesus Fuck at the Headshot Crits it does
6000+ easy.

From fucking far away, my gun has crazy stats too
You obliterate Health from enemies in chunks, 1 shot everything else
I maybe PL 25 as a Commander, but sweet Jesus does the Shredder literally Shreds

Shredder is amazing. Was the first epic schematic I got from the first ranged weapon llama I bought. I also like my legendary pistol and semi-auto sniper. I try to mix it up.

I still need a solid assault rifle though. Which I hope the leg AR you get from survive the storm will fill. Hopefully I get solid stat rolls.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit, PS4 in buttery smooth, what sorcery is this?

60FPS, no slow downs or freezing,lolwat?

Completely new game

goonie

Holy Shit, PS4 in buttery smooth, what sorcery is this?

60FPS, no slow downs or freezing,lolwat?

Completely new game
Downloading now. Super excited to hear this.

From all the llamas they gave me last night, I got a mythic lead survivor, a legendary (that's yellow, right?) Ramirez, and like 200k survivor experience. I went from level 26 to 32.

Edit: Whoa, even the menus are smoother.

Redshirt

Banned
Shredder is amazing. Was the first epic schematic I got from the first ranged weapon llama I bought. I also like my legendary pistol and semi-auto sniper. I try to mix it up.

I still need a solid assault rifle though. Which I hope the leg AR you get from survive the storm will fill. Hopefully I get solid stat rolls.

I only use an AR with my soldier for the bonuses, and I have the advantage of Ramirez' AR.

What pistol do you like? The Lawbringer is by far my favorite I've tried, but there's a lot I haven't tried.

I only use an AR with my soldier for the bonuses, and I have the advantage of Ramirez' AR.

What pistol do you like? The Lawbringer is by far my favorite I've tried, but there's a lot I haven't tried.

I forget the names. 1 is a an epic revolver that has high knockback. Very useful for knocking down enemies. The other is a legendary with a huge 32 round clip from a clip bonus with a very fast fire rate.

I am below recommend power level (by 5). Yet when I go play to level up (so reg game mode)..I get nobody

Most people are chasing the modified missions right now. try going for one of them if you can, if not look for a mission that pays out pure rain drops, people always go for them. Level up will just pick a mission at max level available to you from what I can tell.

Gold_Loot

Game runs and feels much better in PS4 pro now. Very clean IQ and a 60 FPS cap. The dips to about 50 or so when things get crazy, but still a big improvement.

Also husk encampments? They are the purple doors right? I had this forever and I never find them.

They're the purple stone obelisks. They have a couple husks sleeping next to them. Once they wake up more spawn to defend it. The encampment blows up when the defenders are dead.

The purple doors are just spawn doors and exits for husks. You can't actually interact with them.

Fuck the survival. Second game yet again there's a fucker hiding in base the whole match doing nothing. Just before night 11 disconnected and rejoin fucks up repeatedly. Game mode has eneded it says. Appalling game mode. The amount of oversight by the devs is pathetic.

Aselith

That's a crazy difference even on OG PS4. Feels almost TOO smooth after the old way. Sometimes when opening a chest, it looks like it's in 120hz mode.

Whoever reprogrammed that is a fucking wizard.

Tei

Neo Member
The lowbie 14 days reward kind of feels like the shredder. Is a semi-auto rifle gun that shots 3 bullets each trigger, but it shot the 3 at the same time.

It seems to greatly benefit from faster rate of fire, so seems a good weapon for soldiers with warcry.

Edit:
Take note theres a quest that ask you to kill mist monsters with hydro weapon. Always have one around to tag mist monster to complete that quest even if you don't really use the weapon for anything else.

EekTheKat

Had a good survival run but the game booted me at wave 11. Could not rejoin on top of that :(

3 hours of wasted time for nothing.

On the bright side, I got a good feel as to how the 15 survival is laid out now.

Tei

Neo Member
I like that even if you fails to complete most stuff in the event, the special events quest will still give you a lot of stuff and weapons. So you can be the most unlucky player in fortnite, ,and you will still end with 3 or 4 hydro weapons if you play the event.

EekTheKat

Okay apparently the servers are dying right now? Horrible timing if so, forums are reporting quite a lot of people are kicked.

Got booted on PS4 multiple times, tried it on PC via two different regions and both booting me.

darkwing

Okay apparently the servers are dying right now? Horrible timing if so, forums are reporting quite a lot of people are kicked.

Got booted on PS4 multiple times, tried it on PC via two different regions and both booting me.

yup, me too, I wouldn't risk survival for now

Top Bottom