• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Was it a bad idea to spend 800 V-bucks on regular llamas? I got enough tickets for two storm llamas out of them.

It depends. I still buy upgrade llamas from time to time since I am mostly aiming for heroes atm. Getting a gold or silver llama usually makes up for the bad rolls. At least the amount of storm tickets you get is the same ratio compared to the 350 cost ones at least.

Ok great, now modified missions aren't showing rewards anymore at all. They all just swapped as I was browsing and now none have any rewards anymore.

Are you certain you didn't hit the 10 cap for the day? If not try relogging. Last night I had the rewards disappear after I hit the 10 storm quest, although I thought it was on 2 separate days or perhaps the cap doesn't reset til midnight instead of the llama rollover. Today the rewards were showing up so I don't know if it was a bug or not.

Are you certain you didn't hit the 10 cap for the day? If not try relogging. Last night I had the rewards disappear after I hit the 10 storm quest, although I thought it was on 2 separate days or perhaps the cap doesn't reset til midnight instead of the llama rollover. Today the rewards were showing up so I don't know if it was a bug or not.

I doubt I hit the 10 cap. I'v played like 3-4 today and last night I only did survive the storm. I did my 10 yesterday so unless it's calculating it at really odd times I dunno what's going on. I'm suspect though as the events all swapped seconds after I noticed the rewards vanished.

So I had a roller coaster of emotions today. I went to go to a random match for 14 day 15 PL. It's easy as hell of course. 4 people, 3 of us between 30-40 PL.

1 hour-ish into it my house loses power for a split second. Long enough for my PC to turn off. I get back in game though and reconnect. Phew.

3 hours in my power drops again, the same way. No problem I think. But once back in game I had no option to reconnect!

Then I restart the game. No dice!

I try looking at my recent player list to friend request. They aren't there!

I give up. Sent a string of complaints @fortnite. I decided to give it one last shot and started up the launcher. 2 friend requests. What. These people were actually smart enough and nice enough to send me friend requests. And after power dropping again one more time, and then starting the game up to be stuck at a (party join failed), and restarting one last time I got back into the match!

As you can imagine I was livid. I usually don't get mad at shit like this. But this 15 power mode was painfully boring. And the idea that I would lose out 3 hours of work was not going well with me, even though I knew it was possible the game would bug out. Actually having it happen was much worse than I expected. Thankfully I got matched with some super cool people who knew my pain as they had ran into the same problem the day before.

I really wanted this weapon schematic.

20170831_194325.jpg

My thoughts on the mode itself. What the fuck. Who thought it was a good idea to have a 4 hour map mode with no save option? They need to reduce that to like 7 days tbh. Maybe 8 but even 9 or 10 is pushing it. It starts off way too slow and easy. I'll definitely go for the mythic lead survivor, and likely the hero too, because I really want that stuff lol... but they should really reconsider how this mode plays out and hopefully iterate on it in the future.

How are the weapons you can find parts for in this update? Are they any good?

Pointless. They're not a schematic. You'll likely get the actual schematic from a llama though. I have about 4 or 5 of the hydrolic weapons now last I checked and 3 are legendary. The event is rather generous despite it having various issues imo.

So I had a roller coaster of emotions today. I went to go to a random match for 14 day 15 PL. It's easy as hell of course. 4 people, 3 of us between 30-40 PL.

1 hour-ish into it my house loses power for a split second. Long enough for my PC to turn off. I get back in game though and reconnect. Phew.

3 hours in my power drops again, the same way. No problem I think. But once back in game I had no option to reconnect!

Then I restart the game. No dice!

I try looking at my recent player list to friend request. They aren't there!

I give up. Sent a string of complaints @fortnite. I decided to give it one last shot and started up the launcher. 2 friend requests. What. These people were actually smart enough and nice enough to send me friend requests. And after power dropping again one more time, and then starting the game up to be stuck at a (party join failed), and restarting one last time I got back into the match!

As you can imagine I was livid. I usually don't get mad at shit like this. But this 15 power mode was painfully boring. And the idea that I would lose out 3 hours of work was not going well with me, even though I knew it was possible the game would bug out. Actually having it happen was much worse than I expected. Thankfully I got matched with some super cool people who knew my pain as they had ran into the same problem the day before.

I really wanted this weapon schematic.

20170831_194325.jpg

My thoughts on the mode itself. What the fuck. Who thought it was a good idea to have a 4 hour map mode with no save option? They need to reduce that to like 7 days tbh. Maybe 8 but even 9 or 10 is pushing it. It starts off way too slow and easy. I'll definitely go for the mythic lead survivor, and likely the hero too, because I really want that stuff lol... but they should really reconsider how this mode plays out and hopefully iterate on it in the future.

You were actually rather lucky since your issues were on your end. The actual issue people are facing is the server just shutting the session down and kicking everyone at once.

But yes the game mode is trash. It's boring and at least twice as long as it needs to be. The rewards are barely worth it either.

The fact they haven't even tried to patch the server issue yet is frankly embarrassing. Personally I'm done until they patch it, I'm getting a crash every time I fire a gun now.

Pointless. They're not a schematic. You'll likely get the actual schematic from a llama though. I have about 4 or 5 of the hydrolic weapons now last I checked and 3 are legendary. The event is rather generous despite it having various issues imo.

You were actually rather lucky since your issues were on your end. The actual issue people are facing is the server just shutting the session down and kicking everyone at once.

But yes the game mode is trash. It's boring and at least twice as long as it needs to be. The rewards are barely worth it either.

The fact they haven't even tried to patch the server issue yet is frankly embarrassing. Personally I'm done until they patch it, I'm getting a crash every time I fire a gun now.

The issue I faced wasn't that my power went out, it was that I was not given the option to reconnect. Yeah, my power outage caused my need to reconnect, but it wouldn't have been an issue at all if I could just simply reconnect.

Whoa, I got a level 6 chest from a SSD and got 18k hero xp and 4 mini llamas

Yeah, high level SSDs pay out very well. You get enough hero xp over time you really don't need them from regular missions.

New patch:
Noticed this right away

Fixed an issue that prevented players from rejoining a Survival Mode match after being disconnected.

Full notes:

BUG FIXES
Fixed a server crash that sometimes caused players to crash near the end of Survive the Storm missions.
This fix was deployed on August 31st.
Fixed a Supply Drop bug.
Fixed multiple server crash issues.
Fixed multiple out of memory issues.
Fixed an bug preventing players from completing Evacuate the Shelter Storm Zones in Plankerton.
Corrected rewards for Retrieve the Data missions.
Xbox players, who have not linked their account to a Epic Games account, were previously unable to login when XBOX services were down.
Xbox players will now be able to login even when the Xbox service is down.
Clarified the popup message to players who are attempting to leave a Survive the Storm missions
“If your team votes to fight, leaving game early forfeits rewards.”
Fixed an issue which sometimes caused players to not receive mission rewards.
Fixed an issue with enemy health at higher levels.
Fixed an issue that prevented some players from joining Global Chat.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from rejoining a Survival Mode match after being disconnected.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v-1-5-3-patch-notes

AdamT

Just to confirm, because others have said otherwise, you do get storm tickets in llamas you buy with V-bucks. I bought an upgrade and ranged weapon today and got 500 tickets between the two.

Just to confirm, because others have said otherwise, you do get storm tickets in llamas you buy with V-bucks. I bought an upgrade and ranged weapon today and got 500 tickets between the two.

Yeah, you just don't get storm tickets from daily quests. Instead you get them from mutant storms. I think it was 20 founder coins per daily quest, which = 200 storm tickets. So doing 2 storms basically gets you 1 daily quest worth of founder's coins so it's easier to farm the event llamas now.

I got myself a legendary soldier centurion today. Already got a legendary sword from it, and the hydra from the survive the storm.

AdamT

I'm looking to see if anyone has the same few bugs as me so I can write a quick report:

-No husks on minimap.
Can see purple spawns on map, but no husks. Happens on any map including SSDs. Seems like every other mission it happens since the patch before last. Resetting game doesn't help.

-Loud sound glitches.
Occasional "click" or "crunch" sound every 5 missions or so working in a full team. Seems to happen sporadically or triggered by a users ability? Not exactly sure. Using headphones, no amp or audio card/windows mixer settings.

Isurus

I'm looking to see if anyone has the same few bugs as me so I can write a quick report:

-No husks on minimap.
Can see purple spawns on map, but no husks. Happens on any map including SSDs. Seems like every other mission it happens since the patch before last. Resetting game doesn't help.

-Loud sound glitches.
Occasional "click" or "crunch" sound every 5 missions or so working in a full team. Seems to happen sporadically or triggered by a users ability? Not exactly sure. Using headphones, no amp or audio card/windows mixer settings.

Regarding the no husks on the minimap, the current event missions have modifiers and sometimes those modifiers include removing the husks from the map. You can see the modifiers when selecting the mission (some help and some hurt). Could that be what is going on for you?

AdamT

Regarding the no husks on the minimap, the current event missions have modifiers and sometimes those modifiers include removing the husks from the map. You can see the modifiers when selecting the mission (some help and some hurt). Could that be what is going on for you?

Oh shit, really? I've read all the other modifiers BUT that one! haha I'll keep an eye out. Thank you. Man, that's a pain in the ass if they did that... but I kinda like the extra challenge. I feel silly now.

The loud sound glitches are audio issues related to new weapons I think.

edit: Apparently if you get an epic centurion and evolve it to 2 star it turns to legendary right now. Apparently it's a bug.

Oh shit, really? I've read all the other modifiers BUT that one! haha I'll keep an eye out. Thank you. Man, that's a pain in the ass if they did that... but I kinda like the extra challenge. I feel silly now.

You can see the modifiers at any time by going into inventory and at the top you'll see tabs and go to objectives I think. It'll show active storm modifiers.

I would love to finish the 14 day STS but the community doesn't want to let me.

3 attempts, 7 quitters, 4 claiming they didn't have the time to go past day fucking 12.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Has anyone worked out what time the daily limits on this event reset? It's starting to piss me off now. I spent all day looking at shit options for modified missions, mostly grey in plankerton and now all of a sudden all the red ones in Canny Valley have all returned but the daily limit which seemed to be resetting about a couple hours ago the last few days hasn't triggered now. I would love to know wtf is up with the timings.

Iceman829

Does anyone play this on xbox? I've been stuck on this Main Plankerton Quest because I can't complete my last BluGlo Siphon. Either no one responds in game or no one wants to do it.

Redshirt

Banned
I don't remember one before this. Tempted too. Plus it has 1K storm tickets for a storm llama.

Edit: Got a mythic lead, legendary Controller Harper and epic Trailblaster Buzz, which I already had.

Do it.

The Hydra is a fucking monster.

So far from what I can gather about the hydraulic weapons:
Hydra: Awesome
Sniper: Good, very slow rate of fire. Knockback is insane.
Nailer: Trash
Rocket launcher: Awesome.

that's all I know so far.

Did it. It was actually pretty fun and nice to get a good reward with no rng involved.

So far for legendary hydrolics I'm working on the sword and shotgun, not sure how either will be. I might get that transform key if I ever get 4 and a half hours spare.

So I've bee playing this for a few weeks and I really like the game but WOW sometimes other people just make the wildest life choices. Example: right now I'm watching my husband play on a map with exploding enemies and when he got to the objective, people had already built up - and they used wood for everything. Surprise, it all started falling immediately.

I've only done survive the storm three times and once, same wood-building issue, but the person was so determined to repair and not let us replace that they never fought, just ran around repairing all the wood stuff they'd built on one side while we were all building with brick and metal and it was such a huge hassle. Last night, husband did a 3-day and one person was power level five on a 15+ and another person was afk the whole second half. No one built traps or anything besides him - just walls around the generator and then those dumb half walls blocking off the traps he did build by the base (so he went off and started trapping entrance points).

I really like the structure of the game, bugs aside because beta, but oh my god, some of the choices people are making just make me wonder how they've survive at all. I built dumb stuff in the beginning, but the game teaches you pretty quickly to not do that, I feel.

On the other hand, I have run into some really cool people, like the person who came in to help with my base defense and gave me a high level weapon. So it evens out. But if there's a GAF collective with people teaming up, I want in. Also, is there a level at which people stop doing this stuff? I'm at plevel 25 and moving up with my ninja.

from standard to founder

I'd recommend reading the patch notes for the survive the storm update and perhaps look at refunding. The items which you'd usually have gotten for a founders pack (founders Llama') have been discontinued, at least for now. As a result, I'm not sure people can actually get reward outside of the heroes and extra slots right now.

Can confirm - we got the chat bug (do y'all get this - open team chat and your game freezes?) and had to restart the game, but got the option to rejoin.

I never had game freeze when opening chat, but I've had a lot of instances where I type and my character moves or the inventory opens. I think it happens if you alt-tab during loading.

I'd recommend reading the patch notes for the survive the storm update and perhaps look at refunding. The items which you'd usually have gotten for a founders pack (founders Llama') have been discontinued, at least for now. As a result, I'm not sure people can actually get reward outside of the heroes and extra slots right now.

This isn't correct. You can still get founder's pinatas from founder stuff, like the founder's daily pinatas. What has been discontinued is getting founder's pinatas from founder's coins which is separate from the bundles.

I never had game freeze when opening chat, but I've had a lot of instances where I type and my character moves or the inventory opens. I think it happens if you alt-tab during loading.

This isn't correct. You can still get founder's pinatas from founder stuff, like the founder's daily pinatas. What has been discontinued is getting founder's pinatas from founder's coins which is separate from the bundles.

Ah ok, I had kinda wondered what would happen on that front when it was announced, but alas my daily Llama stopped a while ago.

luulubuu

ikFTQja.png

woah

THIS IS BEYOND SHITTY, what the hell epic.

Top Bottom