• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Not getting my friend revoked of access, for example? not a restart of my stats? there are many elements to take in consideration before wiping all the progress.

I'm honestly not sure if there are other options. You can't just take back the stuff you got since they could be in your collection book, recycled for xp, and used up in a variety of manners.

The friend code you get from purchasing the pack right? So wouldn't refunding require forfeiture of everything you got from the pack, including the friend code?

It sounds like losing access does mean that friend can buy access again and continue from where they were, although I wouldn't assume that is the case and get confirmation.

Steam doesn't even allow you to refund DLC once it's consumed btw. Like if you buy a bundle like this on steam you won't even have the option to refund once you consume it.

Yeah, I don't know.

I feel you on one hand but I also don't know what else they could do. It makes sense that if you're refunding, then you're giving everything back. If you return a shirt to a store you can't go back six days later and ask for the shirt back.

luulubuu

Yeah, I don't know.

I feel you on one hand but I also don't know what else they could do. It makes sense that if you're refunding, then you're giving everything back. If you return a shirt to a store you can't go back six days later and ask for the shirt back.

Yes, I can go back and buy the game again and I dont why I should start from scratch or my friend get affected by this, maybe Im crazy but its a bit draconian

If your friend retained his access you could easily buy a bundle, give yourself friend code on a new account, return the bundle. And you've gotten a 40 dollar game code for free. I can see why they want to prevent this from happening.

The draconian thing would be to ban your account from any epic games access, if say you did a charge back.

Got the hydra finally. God damn that mode is boring. I really want the mythic but dunno if I can be bothered to do it again. Gun is a little underwhelming too. Knockback is great but unless the damage ramps up a lot soon it's not going to match my siegebreaker at almost 9000 dps at level 30. The hydra is only getting low 2k at lv 11 so far.

The energy type will sure come in handy though so will max it asap.

luulubuu

Got the hydra finally. God damn that mode is boring. I really want the mythic but dunno if I can be bothered to do it again. Gun is a little underwhelming too. Knockback is great but unless the damage ramps up a lot soon it's not going to match my siegebreaker at almost 9000 dps at level 30. The hydra is only getting low 2k at lv 11 so far.

The energy type will sure come in handy though so will max it asap.

Even 3 nights are too much for me, I can't imagine 14.

Even 3 nights are too much for me, I can't imagine 14.

It's truly awful. I don't know who thought this was a good idea. I agree the 3 night ones are too long as well. There's just too much down time and to be honest is just isn't a lot of fun. I prefer the regular missions as there's more structure to how you use traps.

The servers clearly don't like the mode either. It behaves kind of odd as you get further in.

It's truly awful. I don't know who thought this was a good idea. I agree the 3 night ones are too long as well. There's just too much down time and to be honest is just isn't a lot of fun. I prefer the regular missions as there's more structure to how you use traps.

The servers clearly don't like the mode either. It behaves kind of odd as you get further in.

I think I would really like it if I had more than one dependable player to play with. As it is, it's too random.

Of course the legendary hero I get is Tank Penny. Great a class I'll never use. Hopefully at least she has a decent passive.

I think I would really like it if I had more than one dependable player to play with. As it is, it's too random.

That's definitely a factor. I've yet to play beyond day 4 without at least one person going AFK.

Anastasis

Cross post from our discord:

How are you all handling squad bonuses? It seems like each class would have their own loadout, right? Like Hotfixer reducing costs? I would like to get a bunch of XP from retiring greens, but they could be decent with the right squad bonuses, right? Or am I thinking about this all wrong? Thanks for the help!

Redshirt

Banned
Cross post from our discord:

How are you all handling squad bonuses? It seems like each class would have their own loadout, right? Like Hotfixer reducing costs? I would like to get a bunch of XP from retiring greens, but they could be decent with the right squad bonuses, right? Or am I thinking about this all wrong? Thanks for the help!

I have a main hero for each primary class and have memorized which two squad mates I use for each.

I switch them out along with the hero at the load screen depending on the type of map or whether I need to farm a lot.

As for the squad bonuses, you only really need one of each, so I just favorited my highest value (epic, rare, uncommon) of each and then retired the rest.

Anastasis

I have a main hero for each primary class and have memorized which two squad mates I use for each.

I switch them out along with the hero at the load screen depending on the type of map or whether I need to farm a lot.

As for the squad bonuses, you only really need one of each, so I just favorited my highest value (epic, rare, uncommon) of each and then retired the rest.

Thanks!

What squad bonuses do you go for for each class, if you don't mind.

Redshirt

Banned
I use Survivalist Jonesy (Armored: up to 13%? damage reduction) in Support for almost all characters.

For Tactical:

For my constructor, I use Trailblaster Buzz for the aoe damage on the decoy.

For my soldier, I use Ammo Recovery to get AR ammo back or Quick Clip for the added fire rate if I'm going to be under-leveled.

I don't play ninja as much, but I've been using Stormborne for the increased move speed with kills.

For my outlander, I usually just stick my constructor in there for the health and shield bonus. He's my highest level hero.

Anastasis

I use Survivalist Jonesy (Armored: up to 13%? damage reduction) in Support for almost all characters.

For Tactical:

For my constructor, I use Trailblaster Buzz for the aoe damage on the decoy.

For my soldier, I use Ammo Recovery to get AR ammo back or Quick Clip for the added fire rate if I'm going to be under-leveled.

I don't play ninja as much, but I've been using Stormborne for the increased move speed with kills.

For my outlander, I usually just stick my constructor in there for the health and shield bonus. He's my highest level hero.

Thank you so much! I'll look into these bonuses a little more deeply.

I use skirmisher in support slot for my skirmisher... heh. It's % increased energy regeneration. And skirmisher's main thing is ability damage so having more energy = more damage from abilities. Also lets you get around the map faster due to having more access to stamina.

There is also deadeye, and some like it, which increase damage by a specific weapon type. Those are useful. Deadeye is pistol damage and I have a strong legendary pistol I spam sometimes.

Then you have the reduced build cost for those SSD set ups.

There are some really good synergy ones though. Like if you have tank penny (IIRC) with a blunt weapon with high crit chance on it, penny has blunt crit chance and flat damage in her abilities. And then you equip stun baton hero and every time you crit you have increased knockback, and if they are knocked down they get stunned (see the stun baton text for more apt description).

There is also a mythic hero that makes a ninja's shield restore to full whenever they use smoke bomb, which is very useful for a melee character with smoke bomb and shadow stance.

Anastasis

I use skirmisher in support slot for my skirmisher... heh. It's % increased energy regeneration. And skirmisher's main thing is ability damage so having more energy = more damage from abilities. Also lets you get around the map faster due to having more access to stamina.

There is also deadeye, and some like it, which increase damage by a specific weapon type. Those are useful. Deadeye is pistol damage and I have a strong legendary pistol I spam sometimes.

Then you have the reduced build cost for those SSD set ups.

There are some really good synergy ones though. Like if you have tank penny (IIRC) with a blunt weapon with high crit chance on it, penny has blunt crit chance and flat damage in her abilities. And then you equip stun baton hero and every time you crit you have increased knockback, and if they are knocked down they get stunned (see the stun baton text for more apt description).

There is also a mythic hero that makes a ninja's shield restore to full whenever they use smoke bomb, which is very useful for a melee character with smoke bomb and shadow stance.

Sounds like there are quite a few viable builds then. I'll have to save most of my characters. Would you say it's safe retiring green ones? Or even those can have worthwhile benefits?

Sounds like there are quite a few viable builds then. I'll have to save most of my characters. Would you say it's safe retiring green ones? Or even those can have worthwhile benefits?

The support/tactical bonuses are consistent across rarities afaik. But I would recycle/collection book green heroes anyway. You'll get a lot of blues at the very least. And 20% of your support/tactical heroes stats are added to your primary hero when you use them and rarity affects that. In short, yes.

Redshirt

Banned
I would save a green if it's a perk you know you'll use. I save uncommon Luna Brawler for Keen Edge, but that's it.

It's even seems worth evolving a green for this purpose since it's the star level that determines value. Higher rarities are better in the end of course.

AdamT

So, I'm in a 40 Survive the Storm where the husk AI except for the tankers, smashers etc is turned off. They just sit there. The lobbers will occasionally throw something if you get close, but the rest are idle and won't attack if provoked.

Edit: 30 seconds to go on night 2, and the everything is frozen in-game except for me. I can't change weapons, however. The countdown hit zero and it booted me out. Can't rejoin. Bummer.

Oh man if I had a dollar for every time people built epic shit right on the drone site only for the drone to wreck it....😂😂

J3ffro

Two buddies and I were planning on trying the 14 day 40 power Survive the Storm tonight, but one of them has bailed pre-emptively. Rather than chance it with randoms, I thought I'd see if anyone around here wanted to join us. I'm power level 39, my buddy is 32, and we're not idiots.

If anyone is interested, we've got two spots to start around 7:30 pacific tonight (so in about 3 hours), you can let me know here, or shoot me a friend invite in game (I'm 3ffro there too). We'll be on my buddy's discord channel. I have a few decent shotgun/sniper shotgun schematics, legendary long claw that's power level is 58, and an epic sniper shredder that's 49 - I'd be happy to make a few for you if you can provide the silver/gizmo. If you are favor melee, I have a legendary fast sword schematic (can't remember the name) that's power level 58 as well, I can hook you up there for mats too.

Edit: Found a 44 guy in global that joined us, and a random 30 got matched with us. The wanted all of us to give him our traps and materials, and he would build everything. When we didn't respond positively to his idea, he left. With only three of us, we made it, kinda ugly at times, but we made it.

And now I kinda don't want to play any more Fortnite. It was long/stressful enough, and the mythic survivor lead I got was a duplicate of one of the two I already had, so in a way, all for nothing. It was nice having a massive battle, but having a fourth would have been nice. And even though I walked in with tons of traps pre-made and tons of nuts n bolts, that became a huge limitation. Destiny 2 on PC can't get here soon enough.

Holy shit they got a pvp mode available on public test. I am actually pretty damn hyped!

It looks great. Apparently it's a battle royal mode. 100 people on a map, 1 life. They even added crouching. You drop loot on death, just like you'd expect. I don't know all the details, but the streamer I am watching is saying he loves it.

Lettuce

I gave up on this game a few weeks back as i was getting tired of the constant grinding to make ammo for my weapons.

I was having to spend one mission constantly grinding for scrap metal from cars and what not so i had enough ammo for my guns, then the next mission would be a map in a rural area so would hardly be any scrap material about for crafting new ammo so id then use up 85% of my ammo on that mission and then would have to repeat the whole process all over again!.

Decided to go back to it last night and ive now got to either the 3rd or 4th storm mission and i now dont have enough ammo or materials to build traps to complete the mission, i mean what the hell. I keep thinking that i must be doing something wrong and why im constantly running out of ammo all the time!!?

Redshirt

Banned
Decided to go back to it last night and ive now got to either the 3rd or 4th storm mission and i now dont have enough ammo or materials to build traps to complete the mission, i mean what the hell. I keep thinking that i must be doing something wrong and why im constantly running out of ammo all the time!!?

I think most people run solo missions to restock. I know I do.

Not ideal, but once you get well-stocked on the essentials, it's not too bad.

Lettuce

I think most people run solo missions to restock. I know I do.

Not ideal, but once you get well-stocked on the essentials, it's not too bad.

But then your using your resources to finish that mission, so you can never go into a new mission 100%. Can you actually go into a mission just to restock and then quit out and keep all your crafting materials?

But then your using your resources to finish that mission, so you can never go into a new mission 100%. Can you actually go into a mission just to restock and then quit out and keep all your crafting materials?

Part of the strategy you should keep in mind is conserving your resources. Don't overbuild and gather enough resources to keep your ammo count high each mission. As you get more familiar with the game, resourcing becomes easier. You know what is the optimal targets to destroy or open for what you need. And you level up your pick axe too.

Like for ammo, which most requires nuts and bolts. You want to farm down any mechanical objects, but I aim for parking meters foremost since they take like 1-2 hits and give a good amount of bolts for that effort.

And for basic resources, the bigger the rock/tree you hit, the bigger payoff in resources when it's destroyed. Metal you want to hit cards, meters, any mechanical objects, and any ore node including coal but not quartz as that gives stone.

I gave up on this game a few weeks back as i was getting tired of the constant grinding to make ammo for my weapons.

I was having to spend one mission constantly grinding for scrap metal from cars and what not so i had enough ammo for my guns, then the next mission would be a map in a rural area so would hardly be any scrap material about for crafting new ammo so id then use up 85% of my ammo on that mission and then would have to repeat the whole process all over again!.

You're definitely doing something wrong. To make ammo costs a small amount of metal + wood and some nuts and bolts. I'd imagine what you're running out of is nuts and bolts since a whole stack of metal would make thousands and thousands of bullets. You shouldn't be using more than 1k ammo on a standard mission tbh.

Nuts and bolts come from all sort of metal things btw not just cars. Parking meters and such also have them.

You shouldn't need to run solo missions to restock though. The only time I ever do that is to get mechanical parts from a zone I no longer play in. Just watch the resources and don't go to a forest map if you know you're low on nuts and bolts. Build up a stack of hundreds. I usually carry 1k to be safe and never need to rerun to stock up.

Sevenfold

Yeah and you can set it to private first and run about for as long as you want. You lose quest progress when you quit but keep everything you find.

Tei

Neo Member
Watching some Battle Royal on Twitch and this looks really cool and fun!

Battle Royale is not my thing, because don't have persistent character progression. But is entertaining and I am happy it exist for the people that like this sort of thing.

Meccs

So does the Deluxe version give me anything worthwhile if I don't plan on playing PvE? ANd if I do, is there an upgrade option?

Redshirt

Banned
So does the Deluxe version give me anything worthwhile if I don't plan on playing PvE? ANd if I do, is there an upgrade option?

There is an upgrade option for every level,

But if you're gonna be a BR player only, then atm the upgrade packs are a complete waste.

I would keep them all personally. I assume they are all different outlanders? If you have a duplicate, it probably won't harm you to collection book one of them. But even a bad outlander now could become a strong outlander later if they ever buff or nerf outlanders, which they very well could.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah. I keep legendary heroes. I have 2 dupes so far, and they're in the book.

The book is OK early on, but the rewards are really meh as you progress, so I would never book an item until you know 100% you'll never use it.

Top Bottom