• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 - Bathurst circuit debut

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/games-forza-bathurst-track

Forza5_BathurstReveal_01_1X_WM.jpg

Consider my hyped. That car looks awesome too, going to be sick seeing that in the next season of Bathurst!

Never has there been a more appropriate track and a more appropriate car to just stop racing and start doing burnouts! Now if Forza could just make the smoke effect better.

There's a new picture there. The tires still look good, but from the gameplay videos they seemed to be so much higher poly XD

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Strewth, about bloody time! Good on ya cobbers!

Now, don't be a tip rat and tell us about wheel support.

Draconian

Glad they listened to the fans about the circuits. If I had one complaint from Forza 4, it's that it was a little too skewed to fantasy circuits for my tastes.

LCfiner

There's a new picture there. The tires still look good, but from the gameplay videos they seemed to be so much higher poly XD

Oh look. Turn 10 put a blazing sun right at eye level again on another track.

So fucking obnoxious. Every track they've shown has this and it's really annoying in the gameplay videos.

REV 09

Can't get the vid to load...maybe it's not mobile friendly? Does it show the track or just the race team?

Hulud

We get it. The sun is bright. Maybe point the camera away from it so it doesn't blow out half your screenshots Turn Ten?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How many console generations will it take to get perfectly round tires?

nib95

Banned
Awesome that they've added this great track, but they need to tone it down with the constant super nova's.

Also, are they announcing something new without a vid to go with it yet again?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
still thinking we'll see multiple (selectable) times of day for each track.

Salex

Banned
Will this game have day/night cycle and weather? I only saw day footage and screenshots of this game so far.

Vire

Pre baked lighting is killing me.

Other than that looks solid.
Will this game have day/night cycle and weather? I only saw day footage and screenshots of this game so far.

Unfortunately it does not. Always Horizon 2 right? :/

DieH@rd

Banned
Very old vid of Bathurst in Project CARS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGY87d4XhpU

PCARS is still in alpha, and the game looks better now. I drive Bathurst regulary in that game, its awesome. Game BTW supports full time of day, calendar of the race [and according celestial object movement for the date], timescale of the clock and ~15 weather patterns.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Awesome that they've added this great track, but they need to tone it down with the constant super nova's.

Also, are they announcing something new without a vid to go with it yet again?

Do you know how bright the sun glare is in Aus/NZ? Brighter than in the northern hemisphere. (NZ is even marginally brighter than Aus too). They mentioned it on QI once and I was surprised.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do you know how bright the sun glare is in Aus/NZ? Brighter than in the northern hemisphere. (NZ is even marginally brighter than Aus too). They mentioned it on QI once and I was surprised.

they could have a race that isn't morning or evening so the sun is higher.

nib95

Banned

Every track they've shown off has had this same level of glare. Switch up the time of day or lighting conditions already...

You were banned for asking dumb shit like this before.

How is this dumb shit? Lots of Forza tracks have different times of day (Morning, Day, Sunset). Christ, you are getting worse.

I was wrongfully banned before for asking a legitimate question. But overly-sensitive Forza fans have a fetish for reporting anyone who asks a question that might have a negative answer. (In a twist, it turned out that the statement that got me banned turned out to be true. Go figure). (And why do I get the feeling it was you that wrongfully reported me)

Forza fans really need to do some growing up and accept that not every question is an "Attack". It's getting pathetic now. I'M A FUCKING FAN OF THE SERIES. GET. IT. IN. YOUR. HEAD.

How many more gens until we get geometry that is actually round?

The lighting looks great, except for the fact that the sun is at an obnoxious level. Looks very realistic.

Looks great. Too bad we won't see gameplay until the game comes out.

I think that this pushed me over the edge on getting an XB1. Good job T10!

This is what pushed you over the edge? An announcment of one circuit has convinced you to spend $560 on x1 and Forza 5?

I actually liked Horizon more than 4, and it does have a day/night cycle already in the first.

Man, Horizon 2 is going to look sexy as fuck.

Did Horizon do well sales wise? I thought it was a cracking game. A next gen sequel would be delicious

How is this dumb shit? Lots of Forza tracks have different times of day (Morning, Day, Sunset). Christ, you are getting worse.

I was wrongfully banned before for asking a legitimate question. But overly-sensitive Forza fans have a fetish for reporting anyone who asks a question that might have a negative answer. (In a twist, it turned out that the statement that got me banned turned out to be true. Go figure). (And why do I get the feeling it was you that wrongfully reported me)

Forza fans really need to do some growing up and accept that not every question is an "Attack". It's getting pathetic now. I'M A FUCKING FAN OF THE SERIES. GET. IT. IN. YOUR. HEAD.

Yeah I reported you.

Mod thought it bannable, pretty harsh imo but you're back now.

Xanadu

Banned

fanboys will be fanboys, dw about it

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looks great. Too bad we won't see gameplay until the game comes out.

This is what pushed you over the edge? An announcment of one circuit has convinced you to spend $560 on x1 and Forza 5?

you know that to be pushed over the edge, you're usually pretty close to the edge already?

Top Bottom