• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 - Bathurst circuit debut

Metzhara

On a related note. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else. But I found the V8 Supercars in Forza 4 to be the hardest to control without assists.

Maybe it's because I'm a bit crap and use a pad, but damn those things were tough to keep under control. Needing more delicate acceleration control than any other car I drove.

That's one of the things I love about Forza. You have to treat the cars more realistically and can't simply "floor it." To be honest, it's more about trigger control than it is about stick control if you're using a controller.
I admittedly drive automatic with brake assist on (though b. assist has been off more recently.)

As for all this "sun is in your face" issue, I actually have liked it. One thing that's great in a racing game is spatial awareness and being nearly blinded around a turn, honestly, is part of the challenge I enjoy. -Adam

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Neat, now tell me about wheel support. Seriously, MS, Turn10, Fanatec, whoever the fuck ... Somebody has to know!

Seriously the one thing keeping me from an launch XB1. I reeeeally want to play Forza, it's my favorite racer and this inclusion is fantastic. But I can't play with a controller and I won't buy a new wheel.

/broken_record

We will find out after Fanatec can get their hands on final production units.

While I agree it looks a little bland don't forget you'll be driving fast and you really won't notice.

Not me though... i like to drive as slowly as possible taking in the track side detail/atmosphere (not all the time, but quite often)... that's why something like that sticks to me like a sore thumb.

Fantastic news, all they need now are Kangaroos bouncing around the track so we have to swerve and miss them. Saw that incident with a kangaroo at Bathurst on youtube a few years ago... yikes.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/games-forza-bathurst-track

Forza5_BathurstReveal_01_1X_WM.jpg

Can someone shop Tien in the sun? lol scale his silhouette in the middle.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
After clicking on it i think i was wrong, they look OG X-box quality (texture on the grassy hill)... and the strands of vegetation on top seals the deal, and what is going on with the ridiculous sunlight?, tone it down guys... or am i going to be forced to wear sunglasses when playing?

You'll always notice imperfections like that in still shots but when racing you won't care because if you're looking to the sides at 180+kph you're doing it wrong.

derFeef

No video? come on guys... this is crappy.

Very old vid of Bathurst in Project CARS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGY87d4XhpU

PCARS is still in alpha, and the game looks better now. I drive Bathurst regulary in that game, its awesome. Game BTW supports full time of day, calendar of the race [and according celestial object movement for the date], timescale of the clock and ~15 weather patterns.

You want to sell me something? Sounds like it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well shit, I really wasn't expecting them to get both Spa and Bathurst in.

Excellent news. That should make a lot of people that actually play the game happy.

adelante

Jesus Christ not Tri-beam, use Solar Flare bro lol

Also just put him inside the sun as a dark silhouette in solar flare pose. I'm sure you can Google a pic.

Good effort though lol....

That's the best, hi-res pose I could find on such short notice lmao

derFeef

I think the reaction to the sun is a bit overblown here, it does not hide the track nor does is is causing any flares.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I think the reaction to the sun is a bit overblown here, it does not hide the track nor does is is causing any flares.

There is a little bit of lense flare at the bottom middle at the tyrewall. That said, it really isn't bad like FM3/4 where the entire track would disappear.

p3tran

Banned
I'm gonna spend around 1000 hours on this track alone 8)

LASER FUCKING SCANNED BATHURST AND SPA! IN 1080/60 AND FORZA PHYSICS!!

Mascot

Fuck-a-doodle-do, the Yin and Yang of Spahurst is finally complete. About bloody time! Well done, Turn 10.

Now, please tone down the blinding sun. We get it. It's your "new thing". But if you use it everywhere it soon loses it's wow factor and just becomes a constant annoyance. Please show a little restraint. Use it sparingly and in appropriate circumstances and the impact will be far greater.

Christ, the game isn't even out for two months and people are already sick of it..!

Putty

Nothing I've seen from F5 has me excited sadly. I want to like what they've done and are doing but ...I just can't. Oh well.

Mascot

well, could be worse.

Imagine if they announced something like Spa without a single piece of media to go with the announcement.
Man, would that suck.

Maybe they haven't actually started working on Spa yet..?

Maybe it's coming in a year's time as DLC?

Their childish, criminal overuse of blinding of the sun, lens flare etc etc is something Polyphony luckily only did with Gran Turismo 3, they got rid of it afterwards.

p3tran

Banned
Nothing I've seen from F5 has me excited sadly. I want to like what they've done and are doing but ...I just can't. Oh well.
well if you like cars and racing, there's really nothing here NOT to like...
top of the notch in console space, top tier in general.

if you dont like cars and racing on the other hand, I can relate as for example I cant find anything interesting in the latest 'my little pony adventures' too.

That looks, very very poor. The only next gen thing about it is 3d trees. Never played Forza, maybe this is quick port from Forza 4?
Oh I see, troll day again..

actually my friend it is a direct port from Forza1, back from the original fat xbox era.
now go do something else with your time!

LeBoef

I am missing one specific poster in this thread so far.
Hope he didnt get a heartattack after realizing what happened

I don't get the complains about the sun and flare. It's as accurate as it gets. Turn 10 reverse-engineered the sun after all.

p3tran

Banned
I am missing one specific poster in this thread so far.
Hope he didnt get a heartattack after realizing what happened
nah, he was in the loop when we discovered what the deal with tracks would be.
if he was to have a heart attack, he would have had it back then ;D
probably asleep or somewhere outside jumping up and down from joy I would guess 8)

Putty

well if you like cars and racing, there's really nothing here NOT to like...
top of the notch in console space, top tier in general.

if you dont like cars and racing on the other hand, I can relate as for example I cant find anything interesting in the latest 'my little pony adventures' too.

Oh I see, troll day again..

actually my friend it is a direct port from Forza1, back from the original fat xbox era.
now go do something else with your time!

A little defensive I see. I own all previous Forza's, GT's and Horizon. So please, wash your mouth out of that troll garbage. A new generation is upon us, and what I'm seeing just isn't enough IMO.....see that, IMO. Everyone has one so please, cut the crap and jog on.

Top Bottom