• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 - Bathurst circuit debut

elfinke

I think that this pushed me over the edge on getting an XB1. Good job T10!

Yeah Forza is the one game that has kept the Xbone in my mind at all times leading into this generation and this announcement, damn abouttime.gif. Looks tremendous, over-glare notwithstanding.

I mean, I'm not buying either console at launch in any event, though it is this sort of announcement that keeps reminding me I love new hardware and that I should find a spare $900AUD for one of each!

On a related note. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else. But I found the V8 Supercars in Forza 4 to be the hardest to control without assists.

Maybe it's because I'm a bit crap and use a pad, but damn those things were tough to keep under control. Needing more delicate acceleration control than any other car I drove.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fm5 is looking to have a fucking killer track list, especially if the rumored/leaked real life tracks come to pass. panorama and spa are huge additions.

still hoping for rally di positano to be announced though

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Now all they need to do is emulate the weather patterns and people will be happy. I want sun, overcast, drizzle, storm, and sleet all in one race.

skynidas

Banned
tumblr_m9973ldEdO1rev29ao1_500.gif

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You must not have heard a single thing about this game up until this point.

I don't care whether the game can do weather - that much is a given. My comment is in relation to the insane fluctuations of weather when racing on Mount Panorama.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Haha, that too. But, video games.

its something a driver has to deal with. i'm ok with it.

but yeah, not every track has to have lighting conditions where you'll see this. still holding out hope that there are multiple times of day for each track like in fm4. now that disc space isnt an issue there is no excuse to not have it (aside from making launch - admittedly a big excuse)

legbone

awesome. love that it's in. i had to cancel my xbone preorder but i kept my forza 5 le preorder. i'll just keep the game until i get a console.

Well done T10. Amazing track. And this will be the first time Mount Panorama will be available to the public in laser-scanned form (iRacing's is expect to come in december, if memory serves me well).

2 down 1 to go. Bring on laser-scanned Nordschleife and I'm sold.

nib95

Banned
Than perhaps you should wait until the next Horizon.

And that screen shot is taken from Forests Elbow just before conrod straight if anyone is interested.

Horizon 2 should be awesome. But I'm going to get a headache from all the people complaining about it being 30fps.

nib95

Banned
complaints are justified, no racer should be 30fps

See. Already my head is swollen. Arcade racers are perfectly fine at 30fps with eye candy turned up to 11. Some of the greatest senses of speed in the genre have been from 30fps racers.

Xanadu

Banned
See. Already my head is swollen. Arcade racers are perfectly fine at 30fps with eye candy turned up to 11. Some of the greatest senses of speed in the genre have been from 30fps racers.

for me gameplay is more important than eye candy, motion blur can be good but 60fps fluidity wins every time, fuck 30fps

patchday

Yo I must say that track looks hot and so does that xbox Holden car. Props Turn 10!

For real tho if X1 supported my wheel I'd probably bite. Forza 5 is looking good. Granted, thats just a replay high rez shot right? Still tight tho I spent a lot of time watching my replay in forza 4

Or I could just click on it to make it fullsize and still see the fact they look nothing like PS2 quality textures.

After clicking on it i think i was wrong, they look OG X-box quality (texture on the grassy hill)... and the strands of vegetation on top seals the deal, and what is going on with the ridiculous sunlight?, tone it down guys... or am i going to be forced to wear sunglasses when playing?

Mobius 1

This is Turn 10s marketing department. Asking for a video is far too much.

You'd think that with two months and change away from launch, they would bother to release some proper promotional videos.

My purchase of the console hangs on whether this title is good or not... they're not helping very much.

I think you should go take a look at PS2 textures again, to be honest.

And no, they aren't OG Xbox quality, either.

Ah... Conker begs to differ... but i digress...

Ok, i might have exagerated, mea culpa. ( so don't ban me for posting a negative post in a Forza thread, it is just my opinion)

Doesn't take away from the fact that those textures in particular look bad.

Looks great. Too bad we won't see gameplay until the game comes out.

This is what pushed you over the edge? An announcment of one circuit has convinced you to spend $560 on x1 and Forza 5?

I'm guessing he is Australian.

Just like me, I will also purchase GT6 if this track is included.

On PS4

Neat, now tell me about wheel support. Seriously, MS, Turn10, Fanatec, whoever the fuck ... Somebody has to know!

Seriously the one thing keeping me from an launch XB1. I reeeeally want to play Forza, it's my favorite racer and this inclusion is fantastic. But I can't play with a controller and I won't buy a new wheel.

/broken_record

Top Bottom