• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 - Bathurst circuit debut

saladine1

How is it their fault that people took a Gamescom demo played on a bad TV at TGS and automatically assumed it was a downgrade from the E3 demo?

They came out, Albert Penello, and said clearly that it is the same demo as Gamescom.

Give me a break, it's the fault of a paranoid community looking for more reasons to hate a product.

They've only had two demos, the E3 demo and the Gamescom demo and we know that the Gamescom demo is a improvement over the E3 demo.

Blame MS for the hate and mistrust people have. Unfortunately, those emotions have funneled down to developers and their games.
Sure, they've turned it around quite a lot, but the bad taste remains in a lot of people's mouths...

Mascot

Sure, they've turned it around quite a lot, but the bad taste remains in a lot of people's mouths...

Yep. I've had a 360 (well, five - they kept red-ringing) since day one and an Xbox before then, but the original MS policies for the Xbone - and the arrogance towards consumers - has soured me towards the brand, no doubt. I don't trust them any more, simple as that. They might have u-turned on the worst of those policies (and only in the face of public pressure, not because they necessarily wanted to) but those original policy-makers are still running Xbox division and are still capable of similar decisions in the future. The Great Fanatec Fuck-You is just the nail in the coffin.

I feel sorry for Turn 10 for being so heavily associated with Microsoft right now. The son of a serial killer might be a really sweet guy, but you'd still probably hide your cutlery from him.

saladine1

Yep. I've had a 360 (well, five - they kept red-ringing) since day one and an Xbox before then, but the original MS policies for the Xbone - and the arrogance towards consumers - has soured me towards the brand, no doubt. I don't trust them any more, simple as that. They might have u-turned on the worst of those policies (and only in the face of public pressure, not because they necessarily wanted to) but those original policy-makers are still running Xbox division and are still capable of similar decisions in the future. The Great Fanatec Fuck-You is just the nail in the coffin.

I feel sorry for Turn 10 for being so heavily associated with Microsoft right now. The son of a serial killer might be a really sweet guy, but you'd still probably hide your cutlery from him.

The bullshit MS tried to pull was a disgrace. I was out for a long time.

But man. it's really hard to pass up on Bathurst,Spa, the audio, variety of cars, the upgrades/customization/tuning..etc.
Yes, no rain and night, Fanatec issue is such a disappointment but it seems that Turn 10 have addressed quite a few issues that I previously had.

Klocker

Yeah how in the world could people be mistrusting of MS after all of the goodwill they have stored up the last few months?

that is such an old tired argument

people are looking for reasons to distrust and be negative toward them

they have been forthright and listening to their fans/customers

Shaneus

Subscribed!
8VvMbVX.gif

Mascot

that is such an old tired argument

people are looking for reasons to distrust and be negative toward them

they have been forthright and listening to their fans/customers

People aren't looking for reasons. Microsoft provided them. In fucking spades.

Some people can easily forgive and forget how MS tried to shaft them and only u-turned when the original policies made Xbone a laughing stock and doomed to certain failure. Others might remain somewhat sceptical and mistrustful of the people now running Xbox division, and what their ultimate philosophy behind the product is.

Anyway, there are whole threads on this subject elsewhere. Back to Forza. You won't find a single owner of expensive Fanatec kit who is 100% happy right now, though.

The bullshit MS tried to pull was a disgrace. I was out for a long time.

But man. it's really hard to pass up on Bathurst,Spa, the audio, variety of cars, the upgrades/customization/tuning..etc.
Yes, no rain and night, Fanatec issue is such a disappointment but it seems that Turn 10 have addressed quite a few issues that I previously had.

Hard to pass up indeed, but will you be happy playing it with a controller, or investing another few hundred bucks on a replacement wheel rig?

saladine1

People aren't looking for reasons. Microsoft provided them. In fucking spades.

Some people can easily forgive and forget how MS tried to shaft them and only u-turned when the original policies made Xbone a laughing stock and doomed to certain failure. Others might remain somewhat sceptical and mistrustful of the people now running Xbox division, and what their ultimate philosophy behind the product is.

Anyway, there are whole threads on this subject elsewhere. Back to Forza. You won't find a single owner of expensive Fanatec kit who is 100% happy right now, though.

Hard to pass up indeed, but will you be happy playing it with a controller, or investing another few hundred bucks on a replacement wheel rig?

There's no denying it, the wheel problem flat out fucking sucks. The fact that I have to pay for another wheel, which doesn't have shifter/clutch, is making my blood boil.
The least they can do is just come out and tell us yay or nay. Being kept in the dark like this is a slap in the face to common decency. You don't want to appease the Fanatec owners by making shit compatible?...fine, at least put us out of our misery already and just tell us. Why is all this head-fucking necessary?

Look what you made me do Mascot. I was in a happy place and you have just sent me to demon land...

Seanspeed

Banned
Oh my god. Do you seriously feel this is true?
Its not untrue. Thing is, with games like this where people play for large variety of different reasons, you get tons of different sorts of requests. They're usually addressing these requests, but maybe not as many of the ones that some of the more hardcore fans would like. They did add Spa and Bathurst, so thats definitely one of the things they've done that a lot of us have been asking for.

Fothright is kinda difficult. Theyve been very open about some things, and a little bit dishonest with others.

There's no denying it, the wheel problem flat out fucking sucks. The fact that I have to pay for another wheel, which doesn't have shifter/clutch, is making my blood boil.
The least they can do is just come out and tell us yay or nay. Being kept in the dark like this is a slap in the face to common decency. You don't want to appease the Fanatec owners by making shit compatible?...fine, at least put us out of our misery already and just tell us. Why is all this head-fucking necessary?

Look what you made me do Mascot. I was in a happy place and you have just sent me to demon land...

I still think something is in the works, Thomas has little to lose by saying they'll never be compatible.

Going by his cryptic messages, either the wheels will need Playstation/PC compatibility breaking upgrades for licensing reasons or TM and MC have exclusivity agreements in place. He could even have a wheel in the works too but something tells me his 'vision' (multiplatform compatibility?) would be compromised.

Pure speculation of course but when it comes to anything Forza that's all we ever have.

Also the TM has been seen with a 3 pedal set on more than a couple of occasions so I don't know how that will pan out.

Hoping to see some Kinect head tracking in action tomorrow, if responsive and moves along more than a single axis it could be an exciting addition.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's something at least. But really, announcing 21 cars and only showing 2 pics? I don't understand why they don't just show a bit more. We're not asking for the entire game to be revealed, but we're getting crumbs here.

All old cars, too. Not gonna rag too much on that, but you'd think they could include 1 or 2 new ones in a batch like this...

T.O.P

Banned
Those rims on the Evo X are from the 2008 MR not GSR

I'm pretty sure of it, when i got a MR there was no choice of rims and those were the default one

Later they changed them, but not on the 2008 version

Xanadu

Banned
Can't look now, how does the R34 compare to Forza 4's, any improvements or was it already accurate enough?

the r34 was always a pretty accurate model, i dont think its been changed as the lights seem the same, and a tiny bit off but its no big deal to me..also i think the wheels should go in a little more in the middle of the rim then they do. the f40, s2000 and 22b will be the big ones to me

its also kind of hard to tell with such small pictures

Seanspeed

Banned
Those rims on the Evo X are from the 2008 MR not GSR

I'm pretty sure of it, when i got a MR there was no choice of rims and those were the default one

Later they changed them, but not on the 2008 version
Wheels are accurate. Lots of pics of 08 GSR's with those same ones.

the r34 was always a pretty accurate model, i dont think its been changed as the lights seem the same, and a tiny bit off but its no big deal to me..also i think the wheels should go in a little more in the middle of the rim then they do. the f40, s2000 and 22b will be the big ones to me

its also kind of hard to tell with such small pictures

Cool, thanks for that.

Only got a quick peek before going out, lighting and paintwork looked pretty impressive away from the glaring sun.

eso76

Oh, something at last !

1965 Alfa Rome Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale

(this makes me happy)

Anyway, sStrange choice of cars if the number was indeed drastically reduced.
The fact there's a goddam Scion makes me think we're not looking at 200 or 250 cars.

saladine1

47 out of 55 cars announced are 'modern'.
Please don't cut the old stuff Turn 10. For the sake of all things NAWS, don't do it..

Seanspeed

Banned
pretty sure dude

Stock 2008 MR came with BBS and there was no choice to change them, GSR with Enkei
This is a GSR, not the MR. Going by the pics of it online, there certainly seems to have been wheel choices. I see these exact wheels in the pics. Its accurate.

0xTYakw.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
This is a GSR, not the MR. Going by the pics of it online, there certainly seems to have been wheel choices. I see these exact wheels in the pics. Its accurate.

Ok checked a bit, they went with the original GSR from Japan it seems, it came with the 5-6 twin clutch choise too, wich later was renamed MR (wich had the BBS) in NA and EU

That's why i got confused, my bad :p

Wish there was this choice when i bought one (Italy), wanted the BBS and the interior stuff badly and was forced to get the SST model :(

Snubbers

Talk about drip feed lol. Are there at least 1080p versions of these pics?

Yes, in the article there are links under each image..

They seem OK, but considering that photomode in many driving games produces stunning results these days, I would rather see some direct feed video, or some in-depth info on game features..

RCKoaca.jpg

36RdaJt.jpg

Snubbers

Well..........not super impressive shots, you've gotta admit. Pretty good, but nothing special.

Definitely would rather see gameplay. That seems to be where they've really made the better strides.

I edited that out, I actually had an edit with "And that would be a reasonable observation", but considering how such things can spiral out of control, I removed it all..

I've seen so many lovely photomode shots in the last 2-3 years, I really want other details revealed..

[edit] looking at the rear of the EVO, the lights are still not 'photo realistic' if you want to get picky.. I know that T10 aren't overly obsessed with such things, and I'm OK with that.. it's good enough for me, it's the rest of the game I want to see..

Seanspeed

Banned
I edited that out, I actually had an edit with "And that would be a reasonable observation", but considering how such things can spiral out of control, I removed it all..

I've seen so many lovely photomode shots in the last 2-3 years, I really want other details revealed..

[edit] looking at the rear of the EVO, the lights are still not 'photo realistic' if you want to get picky.. I know that T10 aren't overly obsessed with such things, and I'm OK with that.. it's good enough for me, it's the rest of the game I want to see..

The lights are still a huge improvement over previous games. I also didn't think I'd appreciate their super duper attention to paint graphics, but seeing the paint on the car does look pretty good, but maybe a tad exaggerated?

Top Bottom