• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

Klocker

since they are actually capturing each users drive style I'm going to guess that the new matchmaking will actually truly match you up with the kind of MP races you want whereby it can search people who like to crash and burn and clean racers (by logging their behavior over time) and match you up with them...

too good to be true for MP? hopefully not but sounds like SP will be similar to racing mp humans anyway

yes need info on night and weather, also will the incorporate the new USCR cars/tracks?

Fucking hell, I'm crumbling already. I'm so weak.

I figured as much.

At the first mention of helicopters, my first thought was, "Mascot's jumping in, yessir." Hot-air balloons will probably get you to shave your head and sacrifice virgins at the alter of Azure, no doubt.

"Hundreds of cars" sounds like a purge to me. Plus marks for that too.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'm right there with you.

since they are actually capturing each users drive style I'm going to guess that the new matchmaking will actually truly match you up with the kind of MP races you want whereby it can search people who like to crash and burn and clean racers (by logging their behavior over time) and match you up with them...

too good to be true for MP? hopefully not but sounds like SP will be similar to racing mp humans anyway

yes need info on night and weather, also will the incorporate the new USCR cars/tracks?

Fuck................I dont want CJelly popping up in my game raming me at the start of the race :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fuck................I dont want CJelly popping up in my game raming me at the start of the race :(

lol. the bright side is, we can set up forzaGAF race leagues without worrying about people showing up or not, their cloud-self will suffice. (sorry eurogaf)

lol. the bright side is, we can set up forzaGAF race leagues without worrying about people showing up or not, their cloud-self will suffice. (sorry eurogaf)

But then we cant do our p3tran impressions when he logs off.

I never did it bro.............but I did laugh:/

G Rom

They've actually made something that I've been dreaming of for a long time with the return of Drivatar and the persistency of them. If it really works (and it was already working pretty good on Xbox) then it could really really be great.
Fantastic news about open wheelers, can't wait to see some of those laser-scanned tracks as well. Also, Forzavista for all cars, looks like all the hidden details in FM4's cars really were a small taste of things to come.

That P1 Forzavista video is just incredible especially with dat recognisable Lance Hayes' soundtrack !
Hype is just through the roof for me and we haven't even had a long gameplay demo yet...

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So dynamic ToD and Weather are confirmed out than.

If they were in, there is no way they wouldn't be shouting it from the hills.

Well, I guess FM5 was never going to make me want the X1 on it's own.

Kind of convinced there's day/night in there at least.

The street lights appear to be off in the reveal, they glow in the shade and flatly lit in the sun, plus there's an awful lot of softer shadows around foliage, signs and doorways where they could have easily gotten away with using none. The cars cast hard shadows on the road but sellf shadowing is soft.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
181265_583990784957166_1179325972_n.jpg

I'm hoping we'll get an extended look at the game, like Dan's ~30 min Gamespot presentation of FM4, at some point this week. That demo was a clinic on how to present a game.

It's a sad day.

Forza 5 looks amazing and I adore the franchise, but Microsoft has poisoned the well and Sony sweetened the pot.

I'll be peering through the glass and wishing you gents the best.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It's a sad day.

Forza 5 looks amazing and I adore the franchise, but Microsoft has poisoned the well and Sony sweetened the pot.

I'll be peering through the glass and wishing you gents the best.

So much truth.

No sane person would chose X1 over PS4.

Unless MS do a complete 180 they have no chance of getting my money.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm suprised laser scanned tracks isn't getting much attention. It's pretty megaton.

Not only is it easier to develop as a computer models the track surface perfectly so all you need to do is model the environment but they are quiet literally perfect virtual recreations.

Hoping T10 have done it across all real world tracks.

On another note, Prague looks like quite a boring layout. Quite similar to Alps in design.

Mascot

I'm hoping we'll get an extended look at the game, like Dan's ~30 min Gamespot presentation of FM4, at some point this week. That demo was a clinic on how to present a game.

Wednesday 1pm EST on Gamespot I think (according to Satan).

I hope they reveal some more features, don't skirt the weather/night issue (Jesus Christ, do you remember all the prick-teasing smirks, nods and winks and "we aren't talking about those features... yet!" pre-FM4? Wendel was the biggest villain here) and I seriously hope they show some more new environments (or even reworkings of existing tracks). We'll be sick to death of Prague by the end of E3 if it's all they show, especially only in atom bomb lighting.

I'm still swinging like a pendulum. FM5 utterly wowed me last night and had me back on board, but I'm waking up this morning to news about a cheaper, more powerful console with no DRM bullshit, no compulsory camera onboard.

It's all going to come down to wheel support, I can feel it.

saladine1

I swear, it's as if Turn 10 took my wishlist and went to town with it!

Besides weather, night and SpaHurst( in which I have no doubt we'll be seeing at least one of them), I'm absolutely floored with the limited amount of footage and info i've seen and read.

Gameplay looks absolutely stunning and the Vista mode.....wow, unbelievable!

You know, I really wished that Forza and Turn 10 didn't wow me because combining the Xbox One exclusive games shown and now Forza, I have no fucking choice but to buy the system..

The wait for confirmation of fan requested features is gonna be brutal!

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Wednesday 1pm EST on Gamespot I think (according to Satan).
You don't mean me do you?

I hope they reveal some more features, don't skirt the weather/night issue (Jesus Christ, do you remember all the prick-teasing smirks, nods and winks and "we aren't talking about those features... yet!" pre-FM4? Wendel was the biggest villain here) and I seriously hope they show some more new environments (or even reworkings of existing tracks). We'll be sick to death of Prague by the end of E3 if it's all they show, especially only in atom bomb lighting.

I really hate how T10 thinks shit like that is a good idea.

They have to know they are fighting a near vertical battle thanks to Microsoft. They really shouldn't act like they can hold back info.

saladine1

You don't mean me do you?

I really hate how T10 thinks shit like that is a good idea.

They have to know they are fighting a near vertical battle thanks to Microsoft. They really shouldn't act like they can hold back info.

Well, that's exactly what I've been saying.

If the whole MS debacle didn't exist, then sure, drip feed that juicy stuff over time.
But this is a whole different ball game thanks to MS. If the Logitech/Fanatec wheels thing wasn't enough to deter people from the franchise, we now have other crap to contend with as well. Plus, if Turn 10 hold back on that info we all want to hear and see, then yeah...use your imagination..

It is imperative that Turn 10 changes course in this regard, before opinions really start to set in...

Mascot

Man, with FM5 looking like it does it should be a no-brainer to buy an Xbone. My heart says yes, my head screams no.

Following the Sony presser I just pre-ordered a PS4. It doesn't mean I'm not going to pre-order an Xbone, but I need more reasons than the prospect of playing FM5 with a gamepad.

derFeef

Man, with FM5 looking like it does it should be a no-brainer to buy an Xbone. My heart says yes, my head screams no.

Following the Sony presser I just pre-ordered a PS4. It doesn't mean I'm not going to pre-order an Xbone, but I need more reasons than the prospect of playing FM5 with a gamepad.

I also swtiched from launch-Xbox, PS4 later to launch-PS4, Xbox later.

Pisses me off that Turn10 is doing the same thing with their reveal. I mean it looks very good, but bring out a shocker. Show us some nighttime racing during heavy rain shower or something. All of this makes me believe we still have no weather in place.
their marketing is just ... ugh.

saladine1

But they still look absolutely incredible.

Oh I don't doubt that for a second. Would've been nice for a high quality version but I couldn't find one.

Holy shit!

I must have been asleep or something but I can't believe I missed this!

• Unprecedented visual realism.The definitive next-generation graphics engine delivers stunningly realistic visuals in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
• Leading simulation.Racing’s leading simulation engine, developed for Xbox One in conjunction with Calspan and the world’s top automotive manufacturers, makes driving easy to learn and rewarding to master.
• Dynamic damage.High-resolution damage modeling shows every bump and scrape. Roads accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; damage can stop you in your tracks.
• Astonishing detail.A new graphics engine created exclusively for Xbox One delivers physically based material rendering that re-creates the real-life characteristics of thousands of unique materials. Surfaces such as metal, glass, leather, rubber and concrete look real enough to touch.
• Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day.
• Hundreds of next-generation cars.The most diverse lineup of vehicles ever seen in a "Forza Motorsport" game: from classic sports cars to modern tuners, purpose-built racers to extreme exotics and, for the first time in "Forza Motorsport," open-wheel race cars.
• Unique careers.Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.
• Laser-scanned tracks.Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.
• "Top Gear" exclusives.The world’s biggest automotive TV show teams up with the most innovative racing game yet. Take on Stig’s Digital Cousin in unique car challenges, turn a Power Lap on the Top Gear Test Track, and hear show hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May share their distinctive automotive insights throughout the game.

I thought, just judging from trailer and what Dan said was enough evidence that Turn 10 have looked at my wishlists. Now seeing this I am absolutely convinced that T10 are indeed creating this game just for me lol!
Thanks Turn 10, appreciate it. I'm honored..

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Here's a fun little game to play.

What does FM5 need to have to convince you to buy an X1?

For me

Dynamic time of day.
Dynamic weather.
Bathurst.

If it doesn't have all of these, no buy.

tirant

Here's a fun little game to play.

What does FM5 need to have to convince you to buy an X1?

For me

Dynamic time of day.
Dynamic weather.
Bathurst.

If it doesn't have all of these, no buy.

* Full Race session: practice laps + qualifying laps + final race. I hate the starting position of each car is 'random'.

* I also don't want any more VIP shit.

* Support my old and expensive Wheels. I bought the expensive wheel from Fanatec for Forza1/Xbox1. It didn't work on Xbox360. If Xbone does not support the old wheels, I'm done with Forza and Microsoft.

saladine1

So, Vista is available on all cars in the game?
That's good news, especially if we can go more in depth with them.

I keep forgetting that all that's been seen and shared so far is roughly only 2 years of work.
That's an amazing feat by any standard..

I really want to see what's happening in regards to wheel support. Whether it's good or bad, we really do need some closure asap...

Top Bottom