• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

BADNED

i'm sure they'll let you buy them later for 20 dollars, they'll probably want 30 for the porsche pack too
A decision if VIP will be made available later on as DLC like in the past has not been made yet. ATM it tends towards no but that does not mean much now.

There's only a fivers difference between the LCE and day one edition, for the sake of consistency if nothing else I'll pick it up.

VIP membership/cars will no doubt be available as DLC some time later.

Edit: maybe not then.

G Rom

BTW, should we be worried about AWD balancing ? We all know how it ended up last time an Audi was on the cover of a FM... :D

Dear Turn10,

Im extremelly disappointed by your LCE, as someone who has bought all your Forza Motorsport Limited Edition I think this one is by far the worst, there is no book, no physical contents other than few decals, no flashdrive, no keychain, etc. This looks as cheap as Forza Horizon LCE.

I dont even see a manual in Forza 5 LCE, how its that even possible?

The whole point of this edition is to be a collector´s item, not a slightly better but over priced thing.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Dear Turn10,

Im extremelly disappointed by your LCE, as someone who has bought all your Forza Motorsport Limited Edition I think this one is by far the worst, there is no book, no physical contents other than few decals, no flashdrive, no keychain, etc. This looks as cheap as Forza Horizon LCE.

The whole point of this edition is to be a collector´s item, not a slightly better but over priced thing.

Welcome to most limited editions today...

And about the manual, Microsoft games don't have a manual since two years ago. Gears of War 3, Forza Horizon, Gears of War: Judgment, Halo 4... all of them have no instruction manual, just a piece of paper telling you where you can see an online manual. To be fair, considering most of today instrucion manuals are pure crap, I don't mind that much.

Welcome to most limited editions today...

And about the manual, Microsoft games don't have a manual since two years ago.

Have you seen Batman? Uncharted? Halo? Gears 2-3? Saints Row? Skyrim? theres lots and lots of games with cool limited edition out there.
No manual in a LCE edition its pure cheapness, I hate publishers pushing us to digital because they keep taking things away from the physical format.

LCE versions should be a love letter to the fans, I think Forza 2-3-4 LCE were that, especially the third with a classy box and items.

eso76

And not even a frigging picture of how the 2014 Audi RS 7 Sportback on the cover looks ingame to go with the LE announcement.

Way to go T10 :p

Dear Turn10,

Damn straight!

My Forza key-chain is all scuffed up, I wanted a new one. I wonder if this is what people asked for in that survey I took years ago for Forza LCE content.

I chose driving gloves!

Mascot

Dear Turn10,

The FM4 book was shit though, wasn't it? Basically screen shots from Autovista if memory serves. To be fair I flicked through it once in about five seconds so might be mistaken.

The key ring and memory stick were nice.

I love the whole concept of Limited Editions. There's fuck-all limited about them. You can still buy most of them two years later.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Have you seen Batman? Uncharted? Halo? Gears 2-3? Saints Row? Skyrim? theres lots and lots of games with cool limited edition out there.
No manual in a LCE edition its pure cheapness, I hate publishers pushing us to digital because they keep taking things away from the physical format.

LCE versions should be a love letter to the fans, I think Forza 2-3-4 LCE were that, especially the third with a classy box and items.

You should take into account the price of those LE's you are mentioning. All of those are more expensive (or at least, they were in Spain) than the Forza 5 one. Batman Arkham City was 100 €, Uncharted 3 was 90 €, Gears 2 was 80 and 3 was 90 (and a whopping 130 for the Epic Edition), Halo 4 was 90, Saints Row 4 is 95, Skyrim was 100, against the 75 that costed the Forza 3, Horizon, 4 and 5 ones(Forza 2 LE costed 70, but that was 6 years ago, game prices went up when IVA [taxes] went from 16% to 21%).

And about the "going digital" thing, you better get used to it because it's the future, we like it or not. I'm not saying it's for the better (that would be debateable), but it's happening for lots of reasons and physical media is destined to disappear.

Probably talking about switching to other games.
Yeah I am planning on going all digital this generation, so I wanted to just buy Forza from the live store. I don't mind waiting for it to download, but the option to buy the dlc would be appreciated.

Same with preorder bonuses... How do we get the goods if we buy digital... What even is a preorder in this scenario?

You should take into account the price of those LE's you are mentioning. All of those are more expensive (or at least, they were in Spain) than the Forza 5 one. Batman Arkham City was 100 €, Uncharted 3 was 90 €, Gears 2 was 80 and 3 was 90 (and a whopping 130 for the Epic Edition), Halo 4 was 90, Saints Row 4 is 95, Skyrim was 100, against the 75 that costed the Forza 3, Horizon, 4 and 5 ones(Forza 2 LE costed 70, but that was 6 years ago, game prices went up when IVA [taxes] went from 16% to 21%).

And about the "going digital" thing, you better get used to it because it's the future, we like it or not. I'm not saying it's for the better (that would be debateable), but it's happening for lots of reasons and physical media is destined to disappear.

And who says they have to release a 80 usd version? why they dont relase a third ediont that cost 120 usd with some nice things? a 60 usd standard version for cheap and a 90 usd version with a much nicer presentation.

Microsoft is treating Forza like a cheap franchise compare to Halo and Gears were the limited editions are very nice!
BTW, I hate digital format with their BS DRM and not even better prices (which is the whole point)

Wow, this FM.net mod is horrible

My original post:
Past Forza Limited Editions had books, flashdrives, keychains, etc AND also the VIP and DLC, all of that for 80 usd, if you think about a flashdrive or a keychain are cheap things, maybe a little map of Spa and Nurburgring pointing out tips to improve your time, maybe a disk including a making off , a sound track etc. All those things are really cheap and make the editions better.

Plus it doesnt need to cost 80 usd, they could release a third version limited that cost 120 usd for most hardcore fans, you know, they ones that spend 600 usd in a wheel alone.

What he took out of context and answered

Paladin CL:
maybe a little map of Spa and Nurburgring pointing out tips to improve your time, maybe a disk including a making off , a sound track etc. All those things are really cheap and make the editions better.

Instead of ranting on NeoGaf, copy pasting it here and ranting more you could spend time on the game and improve your driving abilities on these tracks and you wouldn't need maps. You will get faster.

That didn't even cost extra either!

Thats answer was pretty douchy.

Shaneus

Wow, this FM.net mod is horrible
Thats answer was pretty douchy.
Name names. I hope it wasn't BADNED.

Maybe might be an idea to bring it to the attention of Helios. I'm sure community managers wouldn't take too kindly to their community being treated like that.

Name names. I hope it wasn't BADNED.

Maybe might be an idea to bring it to the attention of Helios. I'm sure community managers wouldn't take too kindly to their community being treated like that.

vjee.jpg

And the post was locked just because........?
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/3/6203486/ShowThread.aspx#6203486

After FM3 T10 will never see the color of my money again. Worst PR in all gaming.

Forza 4 its a great game and a big improvement over Forza 3, do you buy games because of their PR?
Plus is really far from the worst (IMO)

nib95

Banned
LMAO, Paladin, if anything you've been a big supporter of the game in all these threads. That mods response was out of line. Maybe he should actually pop over and have a gander at this thread and see how much you've actually represented and defended the game. Complaints aren't inherently bad, often they can improve a title or system. Funny thing when fans become more of a nuisance than they are support and sales.

It's interesting to see why so many people are unhappy with Forza. When those who are "community VIPs" (meaning active in the game's community) aren't even taken into consideration anymore. Talk about loyalty to their customers that made them successful.

That community manager seems like a prick.

Forza 4 its a great game and a big improvement over Forza 3, do you buy games because of their PR?
Plus is really far from the worst (IMO)

Well, when they use deception to promote their game, yeah, I got a problem with that. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but FM3 marketing was a big fiasco at the time (2009).

What wheel thread? No link needed, but brief summary will do :)

Just a bunch of posters looking for answers if our fanatec wheels were going to be supported. Some posters were going overboard but most were just dedicated fans of the series looking for info. Worm would constantly pop in and say something along the lines of you bought a Xbox360 wheel you should have no expectations of it being supported. But myself and others pointed out that fanatec wheels have USB connectivity so it's not out of question that we should be able to still use the wheels through a USB cable. He locked the thread a couple of times before permanently locking it.

That's the mod who locked the wheel thread. Not suprised.

FIXED.

Theres a reason I abandoned the FM.Net community just prior to FM3 release. The mods are a part of it. Gatekeepers of info, its not free to discuss anything outside of what they deem.

Lmao, wow. That sucks ass.

Are they officially tied with FM / Turn 10? (I don't think so, but don't want to make assumptions).

As much as I'd love for PD to have a community manager, I think them using GT Planet as a proxy of communication is better than what those managers seem to be doing. The general tone seems to be completely different between the two.

Lmao, wow. That sucks ass.

Are they officially tied with FM / Turn 10? (I don't think so, but don't want to make assumptions).

As much as I'd love for PD to have a community manager, I think them using GT Planet as a proxy of communication is better than what those managers seem to be doing. The general tone seems to be completely different between the two.

Its the official forum lol.

My Lord, I remember my days there, was to the run up of Forza 2 being released. New gen and all the buzz. I got really annoyed that when I started asking questions like, will Forza 2 allow a photo mode/ save to USB thing like GT4 did, the thread would either be locked or the community had this "Turn 10 knows best" mentality. I got jumped on many many times even when Forza 2 demo started locking up 360s and they soon got RROD'd. It was still a mystery as to why it was happening then. I started a thread about finding a way foward, if Turn 10 could notify MS what the hell was happening. I got a reply from Chespace saying if your 360 locked up, its about to die! How on earth did he know they were related? Heat=RROD, yet it was maybe 2yrs or so before MS even admitted there was a RROD problem.

Then, in the Forza 3 days, the community just stopped caring for positive critique. I just remember new guys feeling unwelcomed. Guys like FordGTguy didnt exactly take critique well. After Forza 3, I just said screw it, the place was dead anyway and the admin locking threads that were in my opinion giving positive ways of improving the games future iterations was the final straw.

So now, new gen. New lies. Im not going back but it saddens me to see the mods on FM.Net are still the same.

Anyways, agree with you. I look to GTPlanet as the official channel for info also for that reason :p

Its the official forum lol.

My Lord, I remember my days there, was to the run up of Forza 2 being released. New gen and all the buzz. I got really annoyed that when I started asking questions like, will Forza 2 allow a photo mode/ save to USB thing like GT4 did, the thread would either be locked or the community had this "Turn 10 knows best" mentality. I got jumped on many many times even when Forza 2 demo started locking up 360s and they soon got RROD'd. It was still a mystery as to why it was happening then. I started a thread about finding a way foward, if Turn 10 could notify MS what the hell was happening. I got a reply from Chespace saying if your 360 locked up, its about to die! How on earth did he know they were related? Heat=RROD, yet it was maybe 2yrs or so before MS even admitted there was a RROD problem.

Then, in the Forza 3 days, the community just stopped caring for positive critique. I just remember new guys feeling unwelcomed. Guys like FordGTguy didnt exactly take critique well. After Forza 3, I just said screw it, the place was dead anyway and the admin locking threads that were in my opinion giving positive ways of improving the games future iterations was the final straw.

So now, new gen. New lies. Im not going back but it saddens me to see the mods on FM.Net are still the same.

Anyways, agree with you. I look to GTPlanet as the official channel for info also for that reason :p

Wow, sounds like a shitshow.

And yes, having GT Planet as an entity that's completely unrelated to PD means they are fully capable of giving criticism. Fucking hell, that's why SO MUCH was fixed in GT5!!

But it seems to be so much different on the Forza forums. Really? Locking a thread about racing wheels. It's a fucking self proclaimed SIM and they are locking a thread about the concern for wheel support? The fuck? Do they even care?

Mascot

Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes the attitudes of a lot (not all - but a lot) of the FM.net moderators. The worst offenders generally come across as holier-than-thou sycophantic pricks with condescending demeanours, quick to abuse their 'power' with thinly-veiled bully-boy tactics. They are an embarrassment to the official forums.

Wow, sounds like a shitshow.

And yes, having GT Planet as an entity that's completely unrelated to PD means they are fully capable of giving criticism. Fucking hell, that's why SO MUCH was fixed in GT5!!

But it seems to be so much different on the Forza forums. Really? Locking a thread about racing wheels. It's a fucking self proclaimed SIM and they are locking a thread about the concern for wheel support? The fuck? Do they even care?

I havnt been there since after Forza 3, but the attitude of the mods seem the same. It was like an impossibility to like two brands, GT and Forza at that time. I even remember mods telling people to rather go play GT if they critique certain elements of Forza. It wasnt as open as how on GT Planet, we can start a thread saying how we want this or that. I mean, forzas vinyl editor is something we wanted for a while and Im sure Kaz would look into that next gen. If Im not mistaken, he has even aknowledged working on it at one stage?
I just wish Forza had a place where the fans suggestions actually impacted the game in a positive way. Its less to do with the fans wanting one (Im sure they would love that) and more to do with how MS and the suits that govern it see the Forza brand. How do they want to grow it? Why not try raise its profile to Halo standards? They rather view it as:

Non-FPS.
Rather niche title, wont appeal to everybody.
Limited appeal.

So, its just viewed as being a tick on a Redmond blackboard that shows its a competitor to GT, rather than actually try to lead the way. Which is sad.
I really question the "gimmicks" MS uses to show their love of the brand, frankly I think their enthusiasm for it is mostly smoke and mirrors. Such as insults thrown GTs way.

In any case, I can honestly say WE, the community, fixed GT5. What it is today and what it was Day1 is a huge difference. From in car views of some sort on standard cars, to car balancing and saving games during Endurance races, Im certain all our input will make its way to GT6 on PS4 one day too.

Wake up, T10 and MS, you would be surprized your fanbase knows more about the automotive industry and the way foward than you do!
With that said, the wheels not working is a big deal. You guys should try petition it. MS stopped production of the 360 wheel. Now without Fanatec 360 wheel support, should everyone go casual and play it with a Kinect type wheel? Thats bs.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes the attitudes of a lot (not all - but a lot) of the FM.net moderators. The worst offenders generally come across as holier-than-thou sycophantic pricks with condescending demeanours, quick to abuse their 'power' with thinly-veiled bully-boy tactics. They are an embarrassment to the official forums.

This ^.

Seanspeed

Banned
In any case, I can honestly say WE, the community, fixed GT5. What it is today and what it was Day1 is a huge difference. From in car views of some sort on standard cars, to car balancing and saving games during Endurance races, Im certain all our input will make its way to GT6 on PS4 one day too.

Wake up, T10 and MS, you would be surprized your fanbase knows more about the automotive industry and the way foward than you do!
With that said, the wheels not working is a big deal. You guys should try petition it. MS stopped production of the 360 wheel. Now without Fanatec 360 wheel support, should everyone go casual and play it with a Kinect type wheel? Thats bs.
Turn 10 used to be famed for listening to its community. Lots of people here recommending them for 'Developers of the Year' and all that.

But I think since the franchise really took off, Microsoft has kind of put the iron fist down, ensuring that the game has 'selling points' to the mass market, not thinking for a second about us core audience, holding up the foundation of it all. Its typical short-term, 'please the shareholder' sort of thinking and it ruins things we love. Well, cant say its really ruining Forza, but its starting to go down the path of GT, stagnating and not pushing things in areas beyond the graphics.

And no, people wont be expected to use some Kinect wheel, they'll be expected to buy a new Thrustmaster wheel. Again, I have little doubt that this was a decision by Microsoft, not something Turn 10 themselves pushed for.

Good luck trying to appeal to Microsoft. Polyphony obviously gets a lot more freedom in what they can do.

Top Bottom