• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

Vorg

Banned
Getting to a high tier in career mode is more of a slog with each iteration because so many tracks are repeated over and over.

And this is especially true with Forza 3. The career mode is boring as shit and just drags on forever. I managed to get about half way through but then got enough and quit the game all together to play PGR4.

saladine1

Thursday is the day.

t1380196800z0.png

uPABW7r.png

Eurogamer Youtube Stream

Drivatar, Cloud, Calspan, Subsurface Scattering..

And this is especially true with Forza 3. The career mode is boring as shit and just drags on forever. I managed to get about half way through but then got enough and quit the game all together to play PGR4.

I was really surprised when I completed the FM4 ten year career and moved to the event list. There was a much more varied use of courses there - many I'd hardly touched in the career.

It's odd that the main single player mode isn't actually as varied and as much fun as that event list. I've been working through it (though won't be finished by the time I start FM5) and it's really entertaining.

Xanadu

Banned
I was really surprised when I completed the FM4 ten year career and moved to the event list. There was a much more varied use of courses there - many I'd hardly touched in the career.

It's odd that the main single player mode isn't actually as varied and as much fun as that event list. I've been working through it (though won't be finished by the time I start FM5) and it's really entertaining.

i only used the event list in 4, cant stand the world tour mode

Mascot

i only used the event list in 4, cant stand the world tour mode

World Tour mode was great apart from permanently being set on 'easy' due to broken 'adaptive AI' (or whatever they called it). It made the mode utterly pointless.

It was a crime that Turn 10 were then too busy pumping out monthly cars-for-cash than spending time fixing this fundamental game-breaking bug.

Had to use the event list because of this, then my game save went FUBAR at around 95% complete. Oh joy.

Xanadu

Banned
World Tour mode was great apart from permanently being set on 'easy' due to broken 'adaptive AI' (or whatever they called it). It made the mode utterly pointless.

It was a crime that Turn 10 were then too busy pumping out monthly cars-for-cash than spending time fixing this fundamental game-breaking bug.

Had to use the event list because of this, then my game save went FUBAR at around 95% complete. Oh joy.

that reminds me, forza 5 better have harder AI, even the hardest mode in forza 4 was way too easy, they brake on straights ffs

LeBoef

that reminds me, forza 5 better have harder AI, even the hardest mode in forza 4 was way too easy, they brake on straights ffs

besides that, what i dont like the most is that not all AI drivers are like rossi on professional. so they dont fight themselves at all when you start in the back row.

its always the same.
first: overtake the losers
second: close the gap to rossi
third: overtake him

edit:
i'd like to see them fighting for positions in front of me. that s imho more important than people on the stands and balloons beside the track. at almost all races i ve watched live, like wsbk, the stands are almost empty. so that doesnt add realism to me :D

I struggled in some classes and especially in those bastard V8 Supercars, it was either use assists or drop the difficulty down.

The AI ramming into the back of me really got on my goat.

nib95

Banned
well, that's all they've been talking about in the past few months :p

Drivatar, cloud AI, man !

That could also mean worse AI lol. Depending on how most gamers drive...

But yea, I always felt AI was too aggressive in Forza. They use bloody police takedown manoeuvres. I also find your own car appears to be lighter than the opponent AI's, that is, the same thing that will veer your own car off the road will not do the same to theirs, which seem to be heavier and have more grip.

eso76

that doesnt necessarily mean it will be harder but i hope so

we'll have to wait and see what drivatar AI really means.

Does the game learn from faster players ?
Does it learn that you can go through certain corners without breaking ?
Does it learn the best lines, does it CORRECT CPU ideal driving line once enough players show the game it's not the best ones ?

Or are cpu cars still more or less following the ideal driving line and just take a few parameters into account ?

Xanadu

Banned
not missing much atm anyway, its all the same stuff we've heard before from what i can tell

..and there goes the stream

Top Bottom