• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7, GT Sport, Project Cars 2. What are the biggest differences?

Theorry

I'm with you, same here and they promised multiple input support on PC, up to this day couldn't use my shifter on PC, BUT the Motorsport games are closed circuit, not open world and run very different, I'm sure FM7 will run great of you have a good cpu and at least 12 gigs of ram, was the same with Apex.
Personally I'll still skip this one without FOV options at least on PC and the way-behind-the-curve FFB also is a big issue for me.

The requirements are really low.

Minimum
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 2 GB
Processor: Intel i5-750 2.67 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 740 or NVIDIA GTX 650 or AMD R7 250X

Recommended
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 4 GB
Processor: Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti

fresquito

From memory..

Brands Hatch is in all 3.

I also believe the 2017 Nissan GT-R is in all 3 too but correct me if I'm wrong.
Nurburgring/Nordschleife is in all three too. With such a short list of circuits for GTS, there's really not a whole lot to overlap.

Fredrik

I didn't mention framerate.
You said stuttering, did you mean some occasional dip? They happen but they're very far apart, not even worth mentioning in my opinion, I honestly think the performance in FH3 is amazing considering it's 30fps on XB1 and more than twice on PC on 3x resolution. FM7 is 60fps locked on XB1 so it should run much better than FH3 on PC.

So for future comparisons, which tracks are present in all three games, preferably with the same cars?

As mentioned Brands Hatch, Nürburgring+Nordschleife.

And Bathurst is in all 3 as well and it's very likely that Silverstone will be DLC soon for GTS.

For Cars:

- New Acura/Honda NSX
- New Audi R8
- Toyota GT-86
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Lamborghini Veneno
- Renault Megane R.S. (but not sure if it's the exact same version in all 3)
- new(est) Nissan GT-R

That's the production cars. There is also a ton of GT-3 cars in all 3, but those can only really be compared visually and with real world times if some games are a lot faster without driving completely unrealistically. GTS lap times weren't bad in the Beta, Forza is a bit slow, but not by much, something with the aero in FM6. Not sure about pCARS2, but pCARS1 was on the fast side, much so.

borges

Banned
It has been literally the driest season for sim racing games on the PS4.

People are thirsty.

I know a few friends that are buying PS4s for GT Sport.

Combined that with, the first GT release on a PS console on both PS2 and PS3, did over 10 mil each. And the amazing install base of the PS4.

Exactly. PS4 users are waiting for a Gran Turismo since 2014. It will sell incredibly well, no matter if lacks content of reviews are not that great.

ethomaz

Banned
GTS has the best graphics, best driving physics, best car models.

Forza 7 has the most content and probably the best sound.

pCARs 2 well I can say anything after how shit the first game was... let's hope the reworked everything.

PS. GTS will sell twice both Forza 7 and pCARs 2 combined.

If only there was a reason for the "low" sales of GT6, comparatively speaking. The reason being it was stupidly released on PS3 after the PS4 had released. It still managing 5 million in sales with such a hurdle means that you're grossly underestimating what the first GT on PS4 will sell.

This works both ways. People are grossly underestimating how much of a hurdle is the fact that people will need to purchase a specific wheel and PS Plus to play GTS properly.

Sure, most of the userbase is made up of casuals who don´t go online, i can accept this just for argument, but them again, what´s the focus of GTS? Online and competition, two things that require both the wheel and the subscription.

I´m sorry but this is the same BS we had before GT6, that sales would be phenomenal because of userbase and stuff.

People are in for a rude awakening. A lot has change since GT5 and most people have moved on and just don´t care that much anymore. That helps to explain GT6 selling half of what´s normal for a mainline GT entry.

And sales do matter. It´s a pain to have this great Assetto Corsa sim o PC and most nights there´s nobody to play with because it´s either friends leagues or one or two car lobbies.

The ease of use of a game like Call of Duty where you can always hop in and get a good online match is something these games dream of.

As for the Forza x Pcars variety debate, based on what we know Pcars has less cars but more variety because it covers different types of touring cars, older series, open wheelers... and most importantly it has the rules of each of those series to go with. I still don´t know if Forza will have this, and i have to see the complete car list to see if more cars equal more variety.

I´m really trying to be sold on Forza after the disappointment of Apex, but so far i haven´t seen anything that could make me change my mind.

Surprisingly no Laguna Seca in GT

For comparison it's not a good track anyway. It's very light weight focused. Averaging Brands Hatch and Bathurst will be better for that anyway.

Also: Why a Subaru? None of the games could simulate the torque vectoring of an Impreza. And the GTS version is a different one from Forza already, even if pCARS2 had the car. Was there some Top Gear feature with an Impreza at Laguna Seca lately like they did with GT4's Honda NSX?

Edit:
man, some of these really come off as uninformed. i'm literally calling out every statement you've made here
look up his history with Gran Turismo posts, he's a GT fanboy, if you ask him, GT always was and still is a better driving simulation than actual simulators used by real world motorsport companies like rFactor.

GT still doesn't even have tire pressure options and the tire temps can't be accessed

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GTS has the best graphics, best driving physics, best car models.

Forza 7 has the most content and probably the best sound.

pCARs 2 well I can say anything after how shit the first game was... let's hope the reworked everything.

PS. GTS will sell twice both Forza 7 and pCARs 2 combined.

man, some of these really come off as uninformed. i'm literally calling out every statement you've made here

I thought about commenting but gave up because i don´t think there´s an objective example for any of the things said in the post.

Once again i see people saying that Pcars 1 was a disaster, when in reality this is probably a pad user and it´s just goes to show that SMS will have a big hurdle to climb this time because a lot of casuals already have a pre conceived idea of what the game is

As for Forza having the best sounds and GTS the best physics i don´t even know what to say. Once again, sound comparisons are all over youtube and you still have opinions for every taste.

ethomaz

Banned
These are based on what I played (GTS and pCARs) and saw gameplay at E3 (Forza 7).

Sadly I can put too much opinion in pCAR 2 but the first game just left a bad taste.

thelastword

Banned
I can't think of a single area where GTSport excels over its competitors.
Visuals: trackside detail, lighting, car models, effects (dust, weather, smoke, snow, heat haze etc)......Driving model and physics...

There are some folks who think racing games aren't realistic unless it's impossible to drive the cars.
Yeah, so crap like Driving Emotion Type S should be the best racer of all time...if that is the case...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why are people factoring in purely hypothetical DLC for GT Sport when comparing it to Forza and Project Cars 2 when comparing value?

It's bizarre, as if it's something that only GT Sport will get to catch up to the other titles while T10 and Slightly Mad presumably sit on their hands, will be free to compensate for lost base package value, and.. exists? You can literally make up anything to say "oh I'm sure GT Sport will get that later on." I say this as someone who's probably going to buy GT Sport and MvCI. Gotta call a spade a spade when it comes to games that just don't hit all the marks upon release, which can't be supplemented with hopes & prayers.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
says gts excels over the others in lighting and weather.... uhhhh, lol

dynamic >>>>>>>> static all day long

ban25

Surprisingly no Laguna Seca in GT

I'm absolutely shocked that there's no Laguna Seca....no wonder the beta repeated Willow Springs over and over...and it hasn't had Sonoma since the PSP game. I don't even know if I'll buy it now. ;(

c0de

As mentioned Brands Hatch, Nürburgring+Nordschleife.

And Bathurst is in all 3 as well and it's very likely that Silverstone will be DLC soon for GTS.

For Cars:

- New Acura/Honda NSX
- New Audi R8
- Toyota GT-86
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Lamborghini Veneno
- Renault Megane R.S. (but not sure if it's the exact same version in all 3)
- new(est) Nissan GT-R

That's the production cars. There is also a ton of GT-3 cars in all 3, but those can only really be compared visually and with real world times if some games are a lot faster without driving completely unrealistically. GTS lap times weren't bad in the Beta, Forza is a bit slow, but not by much, something with the aero in FM6. Not sure about pCARS2, but pCARS1 was on the fast side, much so.

Thanks guys, so at least there is something.

I thought about commenting but gave up because i don´t think there´s an objective example for any of the things said in the post.

Once again i see people saying that Pcars 1 was a disaster, when in reality this is probably a pad user and it´s just goes to show that SMS will have a big hurdle to climb this time because a lot of casuals already have a pre conceived idea of what the game is

As for Forza having the best sounds and GTS the best physics i don´t even know what to say. Once again, sound comparisons are all over youtube and you still have opinions for every taste.

Project Cars had great wheel implementation, it's a joke in Forza. The car physics made sense when using one, I tried it with a pad and it was terrible though, so that is a fair criticism, but fuck playing a none arcade racer with a pad.

Project Cars had great wheel implementation, it's a joke in Forza. The car physics made sense when using one, I tried it with a pad and it was terrible though, so that is a fair criticism, but fuck playing a none arcade racer with a pad.

It most certainly did not. The FFB for every single car had to be adjusted individually, and even then they patched things so the changes I made had to be adjusted again.

Mascot

It most certainly did not. The FFB for every single car had to be adjusted individually, and even then they patched things so the changes I made had to be adjusted again.

Yeah, i'm using the pCARS defaults again after moving from PS4 to PC and they are pretty dire, especially after using Assetto Corsa defaults (which are generally very good).

I've heard many reports that the FFB defaults in pCARS 2 are much improved though.

Noobcraft

Yeah, i'm using the pCARS defaults again after moving from PS4 to PC and they are pretty dire, especially after using Assetto Corsa defaults (which are generally very good).

I've heard many reports that the FFB defaults in pCARS 2 are much improved though.
Has PCars mimicked Forza 6's puddles yet (in terms of hydroplaning/effect on handling)? It's a great feature.

thelastword

Banned
The...snow and weather in GTS...?

He's trolling.

Or melting.

Brands Hatch will be a dirt/snow toggle track....2.74Miles, 9 turns....There was also the option for dirt and snow tires at the bottom end of the beta greyed out...

Also there is weather in GTS...

nXseHTI.jpg

I mean, when was the last time a GT game had no weather and no snow?

fresquito

Has PCars mimicked Forza 6's puddles yet (in terms of hydroplaning/effect on handling)? It's a great feature.
Weather in PC2 is physics based. Water will go down the slopes and, if not drained by the track drainage system, it will form puddles eventually. All water affects tyres, not only puddles. Cars also affect water, as tyres evacuate water, which leads to dynamic dry lanes creation.

If we don't get to see GTS weather at Gamescom, I could imagine it won't be in at release and will get patched in Driveclub style. If that's the case... man, those reviews will be fun to read.

I mean, I bet they have the physics ready. They have loose surfaces and they had rain in previous games, what's probably hard is keeping the framerate up and have it look good enough people won't say rain in Driveclub looked so much better.

ElFly

Also I have almost no faith SMS will deliver a bug free game at launch. I will wait at least a month and hear positive WOM before jumping in.

Aside from the cheating AI in career mode (they wouldnt pit and still won) Ill never recover from the time I pitted in the lead, pulled out of pit lane only to discover my car had no tires on the wheels. I just sat there in my rig for 5min contemplating how this game came into being.

hahahahahah amazing

Noobcraft

Weather in PC2 is physics based. Water will go down the slopes and, if not drained by the track drainage system, it will form puddles eventually. All water affects tyres, not only puddles. Cars also affect water, as tyres evacuate water, which leads to dynamic dry lanes creation.
So it has hydroplaning? A global decrease in traction is one thing, hydroplaning in deep water is another.

fresquito

So it has hydroplaning? A global decrease in traction is one thing, hydroplaning in deep water is another.
Yes, it has and, like a said, affects both the car and the puddle. Not only that, if the puddle is deep enough and only one side of the car goes through it, better be ready.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Yes, it has and, like a said, affects both the car and the puddle. Not only that, if the puddle is deep enough and only one side of the car goes through it, better be ready.

PGR4 had that, like, a decade ago.

It's not possible to get great FFB in pCARS1, I tried the Jack Spade Tweaker files, I tried RealFeel Tweaker files, I tried my own stuff, it's not possible. Assetto Corsa is way better and AMS and rFactor 2 (well, some cars at least) are better than AC again. pCARS1's FFB is at the absolute bottom of the current-gen sims that get the basic idea about FFB right and aren't primarily made for controller play.

But everything I've heard points to this being much better in pCARS2 with less options to fiddle and a completely new tire model to feel through the FFB.

Gestault

Jesus, thelastword just explained how they're crediting a game with having the best implementation of something they've never seen, and the dev hasn't officially confirmed for the game.

Snow I don't have ideia but weather is present in GTS.

Am I mistaken thinking that weather (in the sense of precip) has never been shown/confirmed? I've followed it pretty closely, and aside from tyre materials options, I've seen nothing confirming it.

Top Bottom