• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Is anyone else having some horrible issues with the audio popping and cutting in and out. Just did a race in VIR in the rain and I could barely hear the car from all the pops and cutouts. No idea what is going on but it's awful.

Edit: Also my lights don't appear to work when it's dark for some reason.

Cerbero

I'm having issues with braking, the moment that i touch (and i do mean touch) the brake pedal the car brakes really hard, if i push it 1mm more we have a wheels lock up, i'm using a G25

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I'm having issues with braking, the moment that i touch (and i do mean touch) the brake pedal the car brakes really hard, if i push it 1mm more we have a wheels lock up, i'm using a G25

By default the preset for my Thrustmaster TX had a 25% deadzone on the brake pedal and 90 or 95% max pressure, so I set it to 0% and 100%.

Also, don't forget to press each pedal to the max at least once everytime you plug you wheel to calibrate it (just like the FFB calibrates the steering wheel by going to the left and right).

xrnzaaas

Ultimate Edition seems like a really weak one this around, it probably had less pre-orders and that's why they added the Furious car pack as an incentive.

My brain cannot wrap around why there is no restart race. With rewind completely broken for some people (like myself), having no restart option is even more absurd.

My brain cannot wrap around why there is no restart race. With rewind completely broken for some people (like myself), having no restart option is even more absurd.

The Quit option goes back to the pitlane instead of the menu, you can restart from there. I think the idea was that they wanted to give you the option to switch car before restarting it, but it doesn't seem very intuitive.

TheRed

The force feedback on my G920 is extremely disappointing. Will be playing with Xbox one controller from now on. On the plus side it's the best feeling on a controller I've played of these types of games.
I just really expected them to step up their wheel support for FM7 compared to FH3. Especially with so many other games feeling great on a wheel recently.
Maybe FM8 will be the one that plays great on both.

Also how likely is it for them to be able to patch in a restart race option? I want to play with no reminds but keep them on because I can't just restart in a race quickly.

^ Oh if quit does take you to the pit lane I guess I can do that. Still would prefer a quicker option.

Gestault

The Quit option goes back to the pitlane instead of the menu, you can restart from there. I think the idea was that they wanted to give you the option to switch car before restarting it, but it doesn't seem very intuitive.

AH, thank you. I noticed no restart in the demo, and wondered if that was just a "demo rule" to keep it form being too useful, but i'm glad to hear it extending to the game was sort of a goofy naming convention. Quitting to the pit is actually extra cool, considering you can do Forzavista photography there as well.

Fox Mulder

So are VIP rewards REALLY limited to 25 total uses before your have to buy more with in-game CR?

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/7370cq/forza_7_vip_rip_off_entire_system_broken/

I've bought the edition that includes VIP for every Forza game where available so far, but if this is the case, I really regret getting the UE for 7.

I usually end up with VIP in these games as you get a nice car pack of unique cars and double credits or whatever. The FM7 VIP car pack is just modified cars instead of anything unique and I don't give a shit about playing a few days early with the ultimate edition.

The force feedback on my G920 is extremely disappointing. Will be playing with Xbox one controller from now on. On the plus side it's the best feeling on a controller I've played of these types of games.
I just really expected them to step up their wheel support for FM7 compared to FH3. Especially with so many other games feeling great on a wheel recently.
Maybe FM8 will be the one that plays great on both.

The Beta was rough in this aspect and really turns you off when you've invested in a good wheel setup. I wish I could get PCars tracks and handling, with the big team of devs that comes with Forza.

Spasm

They've really gone in hard on the mod card / loot box thing this time round huh?
I honestly don't hate on RM lootboxes in games. They're more of a minor annoyance for me, and I just happily ignore them

This temporary VIP BS, however... If these mods aren't unlimited-use, I may ask for a refund based on deceptive marketing.
https://imgur.com/a/IQzi4

No mention of rewards being limited-use.

Maybe it's the drivers but the stuttering in this game is even worse than what I've seen in FH3 pre-Hot Wheels. I don't even know how that's possible.

Stupid me thinking they would learn from previous mistakes.

Gestault

If the reports of the VIP content being *consumables* are true, that's a load of bull. I don't buy the VIP content, but I know what it's been consistently in the past, and if they sold it this time around without mention of that change, that's terrible form.

I honestly don't hate on RM lootboxes in games. They're more of a minor annoyance for me, and I just happily ignore them

This temporary VIP BS, however... If these mods aren't unlimited-use, I may ask for a refund based on deceptive marketing.
https://imgur.com/a/IQzi4

No mention of rewards being limited-use.

If they are limited use that's really scummy, i'd cause a fuss about it with their support honestly because they are not clear about it.

xrnzaaas

I'd love to hear Microsoft's bullshit explanation for this, because imo double rewards for VIP's and loot box system can co-exist without any problems.

Luckydog

So are VIP rewards REALLY limited to 25 total uses before your have to buy more with in-game CR?

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/7370cq/forza_7_vip_rip_off_entire_system_broken/

I've bought the edition that includes VIP for every Forza game where available so far, but if this is the case, I really regret getting the UE for 7.

They are also just flat out deleting threads discussing it at Forzamotorsport.net. I just created one, and it was deleted (not locked) in Minutes.

ghibli99

I'm just going to play the game as I normally do. I never finish mainline Forza games, but still get lots out of them. Doubt this will affect me at all, but I really, really don't like the trend of lootboxes being a part of every damn AAA title these days.

Will be refunding. I cannot support a game in such a broken state on PC like this. Not for $107.
Do they refund? I tried pretty hard back when FH3 was in such a bad state at launch on PC, but had zero luck

The credits are not a problem, well they might be if you gonna do 2/3 laps races but if you going long or even extra long way then you gonna have ton od them.

Loot boxes are not a problem either as you buy them with in game credits.

Jawmuncher

Am I able I play while this huge update downloads? Obviously I’d be offline. But I know on ps4 you can do that and when it’s ready it asks you to back out so it can apply it

Fox Mulder

The credits are not a problem, well they might be if you gonna do 2/3 laps races but if you going long or even extra long way then you gonna have ton od them.

Loot boxes are not a problem either as you buy them with in game credits.

I play the shit out of Forza and money has never been an issue. I have like 400 million in Forza 6 right now, and 50 million in FH3 only because I just give it away to people.

Will be interesting to see how much that changes to favor loot box shit.

lem0n

I'm liking the game a lot on Xbox. Not gonna install on PC, it's an easy game to pick up and play on my couch. The new class restrictions are a godsend and I really like how there's actual suspension travel now, cars roll in corners! I wish there was more new to the series content, though. If you played through F6 and H3 there's not much new here, it's more minor stuff that's different

MaDKaT

Sadness at all the PC issues. Demo was really rough for me. It took forever to get Horizon working and in anticipation for this game I fired it up and despite having to reinstall and the random crash (looked to be related to game mode?) it is much better. However I really do not want to go through all the months of fiddling like that again. I really need my GT like car collect-athon circuit racing and I really want this game to work. Still a few more days until the standard edition unlocks so fingers crossed.

DarkestHour

Banned
Is that bad???? I dont want another Horizon 3 situation.... :(... Please Turn 10.. dont do this to me...

1. Game won't run with MSI Afterburner on.
2. Game won't run with unlocked frame rate. You have to set it to target 60 FPS.
3. FFB is god-awful. Wheel support in general is abysmal. No 900 degrees of rotation either.
4. Stuttering everywhere.
5. Game keeps switching to keyboard and even with keyboard you have to double-click for anything to register.
6. AI just rams in to you.
7. AI in turn 1 of Road Atlanta just decided to clog up and not move. Awesome wall of cars!
8. Cars have fake horsepower numbers. Why?
9. Loot crates.
10. Why are the cars losing traction in turns at 30 to 40 mph? Surely someone that created this game has driven a car in real life.

This is Forza Horizon 3 all over again in terms of performance, but worse! I mean you still have the same Windows Store issues too along with stuttering. Hell, I could at least run FH3 with Afterburner running and unlocked framerates.

It's another unpolished mess for PC that was rushed to market. Turn 10 has had both Apex and FH3 to fix these issues but sadly cannot.

Maybe in the future all this will be patched, but that time is not right now. The game has a ton of potential and is everything I want in a racing game but it is marred by bugs on the PC.

Spasm

They are also just flat out deleting threads discussing it at Forzamotorsport.net. I just created one, and it was deleted (not locked) in Minutes.
I mean sure, if we've got it all wrong, and we're jumping to conclusions, I can kind of understand the deleting of the 'sky is falling' threads. Kinda. What we need is clarification...

Helios, are you able to explain exactly how VIP rewards work? Are they limited-use? Can we only get more through CR, or will they be handed out on a regular basis? Any info would be much appreciated.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
2. Game won't run with unlocked frame rate. You have to set it to target 60 FPS.
3. FFB is god-awful. Wheel support in general is abysmal. No 900 degrees of rotation either.
5. Game keeps switching to keyboard and even with keyboard you have to double-click for anything to register.
7. AI in turn 1 of Road Atlanta just decided to clog up and not move. Awesome wall of cars!
9. Loot crates.
10. Why are the cars losing traction in turns at 30 to 40 mph? Surely someone that created this game has driven a car in real life.

This is Forza Horizon 3 all over again in terms of performance, but worse! I mean you still have the same Windows Store issues too along with stuttering. Hell, I could at least run FH3 with Afterburner running and unlocked framerates.

It's another unpolished mess for PC that was rushed to market. Turn 10 has had both Apex and FH3 to fix these issues but sadly cannot.

Maybe in the future all this will be patched, but that time is not right now. The game has a ton of potential and is everything I want in a racing game but it is marred by bugs on the PC.

1. It does, AfterBurner can also overlay just like any other games, and even limit FPS.
2. It does, only the demo is limited to 60 FPS.
3. Depends on the wheel, it's perfect with my Thrustmaster TX.
4. Depends on the PC, it never stuttered on mine and some other PCs here.
5. Never happened to me.
6. AI is really good and never rammed me, try raising their level.
7. Did not play Road Atlanta yet.
8. ?
9. Well, like it or not, it does not change the gameplay, only better rewards.
10. With a wheel I have to enable stability control to avoid losing the car, since Forza 6, a bit weird yeah.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Did my first race in S2 cars at Nordschleife in the rain/fog/lightning. It was great by the end it was heavy rain at night with puddles everywhere.

Gestault

Cross posting this from the Ars article, but unless Forza 7 is unlike every single past game in the series (and the Horizon games), the in-game economy has always resulted in a massive excess of credits without much to spend them on other than the high-end cars. I've literally seen that as a complaint. The crate system itself (ignoring the token purchases) may be an attempt to solve that by giving a "flow" of cars/personalizations/bonuses with a lottery element that makes players want to burn through credits more regularly. If that's handled right, I want that. It's a way to divvy up content already in the game as a reward to playing the game itself. That's the purpose of designing a game economy.

We'll know within the first several days if the money feels artificially scarce.

9. Loot crates.

Sh*t....

AI is unsurprisingly hit and miss. I've seen them make mistakes and crash out which is nice to see as I don't think I ever saw that in FH3. However they don't really try very hard to avoid you and will try to take the line into a corner even if you're already there. And if you spin or lose a little ground you will be hit multiple times. That said I can live with it. Ultimately after a while you know what to expect from the AI and can work around it.

Only Issue I have is the infinite save problem after buying a car and adding a custom paint. Could be the custom paint that does it but when it happens I have to quit to desktop and restart the game which is annoying. So far it's the only issue i have.

3. Depends on the wheel, it's perfect with my Thrustmaster TX

In 2013 people expected wheel support and some FFB, now they expect a wheel feel and handling like a real car, because games like Assetto Corsa has shown them that it's possible. The demo felt like super sligthtly better FM6, which is way below the current bar set by AC and also pCARS2 (not 1, but also a ton of PC sims).

Anyone who says this really good just doesn't have a clue and I'm saying that as someone who knows how self-aligning torque on a real car's steering wheel would be calculated.

Cross posting this from the Ars article, but unless Forza 7 is unlike every single past game in the series (and the Horizon games), the in-game economy has always resulted in a massive excess of credits without much to spend them on other than the high-end cars. I've literally seen that as a complaint. The crate system itself (ignoring the token purchases) may be an attempt to solve that by giving a "flow" of cars/personalizations/bonuses with a lottery element that makes players want to burn through credits more regularly. If that's handled right, I want that. It's a way to divvy up content already in the game as a reward to playing the game itself. That's the purpose of designing a game economy.

We'll know within the first several days if the money feels artificially scarce.

I have over 1mil credits after 5 races, credits never been a problem on a Forza game.

Just spent another hour on PC. No stutters, no problems with AI.

As to fears about the economy. I'd say they are unwarranted. The only point so far I had plenty of credits was when I got my Forza Rewards. Other than that I've hard to be careful with making choices of the cars I want for the events.Seems fine to me.

It's a shame many are having tech problems with the game. But others are just wanting Forza to be a different game than it ever intended to be. Alas so far the thread isn't really for folks playing the game. So I guess I'll just go play until it becomes so.

Lego Boss

Enjoying this so far. Just raced the first hot hatch and it has a rawer feel than other FM games, reminding me of Shift 2 (which was my fave racer of last gen).

Finding it difficult to win, I really wish that they would do a qualifying stretch so that you're not always starting in some arbitary position . . . . Unless I'm missing something?

Top Bottom