• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Fredrik

I think they messed up with the launch date. I'm considering stop playing for now because otherwise I fear I'm going to think this is old news when Xbox One X arrives. Why didn't they launch it same time as the new console?

danowat

Banned
I think they messed up with the launch date. I'm considering stop playing for now because otherwise I fear I'm going to think this is old news when Xbox One X arrives. Why didn't they launch it same time as the new console?

Probably because of the proximity to the launch of PC2 and GTS?

MaLDo

Finally got my cdkeys code. Can't wait to play ... tomorrow. I need faster internet.

I usually buy games there, but Forza 7 Standard edition is 51€ in cdkeys and 29€ in windows russian store. It's a big difference.

Shit! Bought! :p спасибо русским парням

GHG

It would be unfair to make PC players wait for the arrival of a new console when their hardware is also capable of playing the game at the highest quality settings.

That and to beat GT Sport to the punch.

MouldyK

The points threshold for unlocking the next series is quite low. Which is great.

Encourages racing against higher skill levels without worrying about winning.

Well yeah, the person who finished 20th in my game will still net 400 Points overall in championship. If he does that every Championship, he’d probably get to the next series as well.

xrnzaaas

They didn't want to be last and also I wouldn't expect XONE X to sell millions of units. And it's not like only Microsoft is behaving like this. For example GTS will be bundled mostly with standard PS4's, not Pros.

danowat

Banned
I'll be honest, I've not really followed any of the build up to this, but that homologation system looks like it'll make things a bit more interesting.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
how is performance on PC? is it any better than the demo? because that ran like shit for me and I'm well above recommended specs. i really need a racing game but F1 sucks and I'm not interested in PC2 or GTS.

Fredrik

It would be unfair to make PC players wait for the arrival of a new console when their hardware is also capable of playing the game at the highest quality settings.

That and to beat GT Sport to the punch.
PC version seems to need an extra patch or two though so maybe it would've been better hold it off until the X launch.

derFeef

Do people know. is there an easy way to transper MS Store downloads frm one PC to another? Same account and everything - but just different PC's.

MouldyK

So...are we meant to get 6 of each Tier Reward Suit (unlocked achievement for having 50 Driver Suits cuz they counted each Tier Reward Suit 6 Times)...and 60 Mod Crates?!

-mashes A while typing to unlock them all-

Definitely really like the progression in this. No pressure to finish 1st to unlock the next tier. Means you can have closer races with higher skill level cars.

For example I've just started the second tier. The third tier will unlock when I've earned 5000 points in the second tier.

I've just completed my first tier two event. The Touring Car Championship which consisted of five races. I came fifth overall and in doing so earned 1275 or a possible 1500 points.

There are 11 events in this tier so it's clear that it's not going to be too tough progress. And clearly one won't have to even finish every event before moving to the next tier.

And you can come back to lower tiers at any time to replay events or play ones you've not entered. For example if you don't pick a historic F1 car for your first freebie you're not likely to be able to do the tier 1 events for those cars, but will come back to it later.

danowat

Banned
When buying https://plati.ru/itm/xbox-live-payment-card-2000-rubles-gift/2203103

it says your account region has to be set to russian. Does this also need to happen when you apply the code when checking out?

If you do it all on the webstore, you just need to make sure you are using the Russian store, by selecting Россия in the territory selector on the bottom left of the page.

You don't need to do anything to the account region.

If you're in anyway concerned about losing 50 Euro, don't do it, anything like this always has some risk involved.

Is there a PC performance thread up? Did have an issue with the game getting stuck on the save screen after getting my first free car (a McLaren F1 and paint job). Haven't tried again yet. Hopefully just a one off.

HeliosT10

giphy.webp

That's why I said "I" and not "we, there's more than one person on the community team here at Turn 10 :)

Glad to see it's already been reported anyway. But yes if you have technical issues please check our official forums for info.

danowat

Banned
That's why I said "I" and not "we, there's more than one person on the community team here at Turn 10 :)

Glad to see it's already been reported anyway. But yes if you have technical issues please check our official forums for info.

Maybe not the place to ask, but I've always wondered how developers feel about people buying their game from a different territory because it's cheaper.

Fredrik

This game reaffirms to me just how important good sound is. I can't get over how good it sounds.
Yeah it amazing, I'm playing on XB1 right now connected to the home cinema surround receiver and I'm just grinning at the sound, they really nailed it this time. Music could be better though...

This game reaffirms to me just how important good sound is. I can't get over how good it sounds.

I cranked up the One S demo high with my Audio Technica headset and the sound set to Dolby Atmos which replicates surround , even without Atmos support and it sounded glorious. That Porsche sound was insane.

I am very interested to know why, in the maple valley course in Forza 7, the trees are 2-D, while in forza 4 they were 3-D... Not an enormously huge deal, but I would like to know why they were cut back..

danowat

Banned
I am very interested to know why, in the maple valley course in Forza 7, the trees are 2-D, while in forza 4 they were 3-D... Not an enormously huge deal, but I would like to know why they were cut back..

Forza 4 didn't have dynamic ToD and dynamic weather.

Fredrik

Having a lot of fun with the historic F1 cars. Shots from Xbox One.
It's kind of crazy what Turn10 has been able to squeeze out of this old box.

Things that could be better though:
Menu animations and videos, uneven framerates everywhere.
Character posing animations, why do they hold their arms so far away from their bodies? It's like they just came out of the gym after lifting weights... :p
Headlights at night are far too dark.

MouldyK

Definitely really like the progression in this. No pressure to finish 1st to unlock the next tier. Means you can have closer races with higher skill level cars.

For example I've just started the second tier. The third tier will unlock when I've earned 5000 points in the second tier.

I've just completed my first tier two event. The Touring Car Championship which consisted of five races. I came fifth overall and in doing so earned 1275 or a possible 1500 points.

There are 11 events in this tier so it's clear that it's not going to be too tough progress. And clearly one won't have to even finish every event before moving to the next tier.

And you can come back to lower tiers at any time to replay events or play ones you've not entered. For example if you don't pick a historic F1 car for your first freebie you're not likely to be able to do the tier 1 events for those cars, but will come back to it later.

Yeah after realising that Turn 10 will never do a proper Championship...I have folded my previous complaints and conceded that it ain’t that bad.

I’m still in it for the “Fully Complete Championship” achievements which I believe means Win every race. But I can see the appeal for those who ain’t on that path.

GHG

SimPit did a live review of sorts if anyone wants to watch it (might be useful for those who are on PC and intend to use a wheel). I'd reccomend watching from about 36 minutes onwards since that skips the CTD he experienced along with all the forced intro career mode shite:

https://youtu.be/PwKMF6_WP-o

xrnzaaas

I'm still in it for the ”Fully Complete Championship" achievements which I believe means Win every race. But I can see the appeal for those who ain't on that path.

So that's what they're about? I can't find any achievement guides for the game. If that's the only requirement I don't really see the campaign mode being long if you'll play it with the achievements in mind (so with not too high AI difficulty).

Yikes, you are right. Huge regression in visual quality of trees. Maybe I should have checked more videos before buying Ultimate Edition. :/

FM4 vs FM7 Maple Valley comparison video will sure be entertaining.

xrnzaaas

Here you go, it's also the same car so you can compare its exterior, interior and how it sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQoL4rSmCo

Imo the track looks better in 4, but the one is 7 doesn't look that bad in the video and it's the untouched track layout that really matters to me.

I think I'll be getting the game on Tuesday, especially since Project CARS 2 has dropped from my wishlist for the foreseeable future (maybe even until GotY edition).

shandy706

Yikes, you are right. Huge regression in visual quality of trees. Maybe I should have checked more videos before buying Ultimate Edition. :/

You would base your purchase on the tree quality of Maple Valley?

LOL

spuckthew

Oh man I'm so hyped for this - especially with so many reports of wheels/FFB working well (better?) in the full game - that the next 4 hours until I get home are going to drag so hard :(

GHG

Just preordered the standard edition from the Russian store since I won't be able to play until next week anyway. I feel dirty. I hope everyone is strapped in and ready for my impressions :)

Thanks Putin.

Here you go, it's also the same car so you can compare its exterior, interior and how it sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQoL4rSmCo

Imo the track looks better in 4, but the one is 7 doesn't look that bad in the video and it's the untouched track layout that really matters to me.

I think I'll be getting the game on Tuesday, especially since Project CARS 2 has dropped from my wishlist for the foreseeable future (maybe even until GotY edition).

I'm a bit shocked here. FM4 version looks way better in that video. Yes maybe it's over-saturated, but it's so much more pleasant to my eyes.

You would base your purchase on the tree quality of Maple Valley?

LOL

Great graphics and track detail is one of the attractions in racing games for me. Are trees better in other tracks, if so, why are they of such disappointing quality in this one track?

xrnzaaas

I'm a bit shocked here. FM4 version looks way better in that video. Yes maybe it's over-saturated, but it's so much more pleasant to my eyes.

Great graphics and track detail is one of the attractions in racing games for me. Are trees better in other tracks, if so, why are they of such disappointing quality in this one track?

I think it's what danowat said... dynamic weather has its price. But the main reason was again probably the fact that they only had about 2 years to make a new game and they also had to divert some of the manpower to cover XONEX and PC premieres. I expect Maple Valley to look better in Forza 8. ;)

MouldyK

So that's what they're about? I can't find any achievement guides for the game. If that's the only requirement I don't really see the campaign mode being long if you'll play it with the achievements in mind (so with not too high AI difficulty).

I think that’s what they are about.

And yeah, Career looks smaller. But I’m gonna take my time and have Long Laps so it’ll keep me until Forza 2018.

borges

Banned
Just preordered the standard edition from the Russian store since I won't be able to play until next week anyway. I feel dirty. I hope everyone is strapped in and ready for my impressions :)

Thanks Putin.

haha... yeah, if you have a wheel, it would be interested to hear your impressions with it. Im thinking on buying one once I have the X.

Top Bottom